Zizira presents Lakadong Mirch, a unique blend of Lakadong Turmeric and Bhut Jolokia, two of the exotic, native ingredients of Meghalaya, North East. This bhut jolokia spicy blend comes with the richness of Lakadong turmeric, which is widely celebrated across the globe for its highest curcumin content of 7 to 12%. The commercially available turmeric is known to contain a mere 3% of curcumin, and thus, Lakadong turmeric’s medicinal attributes are paramount. Apart from health-aiding benefits, Lakadong Mirch powder is a delight to the taste buds of those who happen to have a spicy tooth!
If you are planning to buy Lakadong Mirch online, Zizira is your one-stop destination. With Zizira, you are assured authentic, pure, raw, premium-quality products at affordable prices too. All the products offered by Zizira are eco-responsible sourced, 100% authentic, and of premium quality. With Zizira, you won’t have to worry about any sort of adulteration during any of the stages. By eliminating middlemen, Zizira strives to make the products available at your doorstep directly from the Meghalayan farmers.
Bhut Jolokia is considered one of the hottest chillies in the world and has secured a Guinness book of record too. At Zizira, you can get a wide range of Bhut Jolokia products, from bhut jolokia chilli powder to bhut jolokia pickle online. Get ready to relish your taste buds without worrying about the bhut jolokia price.
What Are the Ingredients in Lakadong Mirch?
This blend is a combination of amazing ingredients that are directly and traditionally sourced from our farmers. It consists of our very own Lakadong turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Black cardamom, Bhut jolokia, and Stevia.
Lakadong Turmeric- Lakadong Turmeric is a special variety of turmeric from a place called ‘Lakadong’, in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya. It is known for its medicinal qualities as the Curcumin content in it is between 7 to 9%, which is one of the highest, as against 2 to 3% in most varieties of turmeric. Curcumin in it is responsible for its bright yellowish-orange colour along with its incredible medicinal properties. This component also determines its valve. So, the higher the curcumin level the higher the value.
Ginger- Ginger is one of the healthiest spices in the world. Renowned for its taste elevating properties and is a must-have in Asian cooking. It is loaded with essential nutrients and bioactive components that have powerful benefits for the body. People have been using ginger for cooking as well as medicines since ancient times. The unique fragrance and flavour of this spice come from its natural oils, gingerol. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound that is responsible for many of its medicinal properties. It provides powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects and is a popular home remedy for nausea, stomach disorders, and various other health issues.
Cinnamon- It is a very versatile spice and is well-known for its uses in sweet and savoury foods. It has a sweet woody fragrance that is used in every Indian household. It has a high content of essential oil known as cinnamaldehyde which contributes to its antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Another component, eugenol is responsible for its antiseptic and pain killer effects.
Black Cardamom- It is the bigger version of the green cardamoms and is commonly known as Badi elaichi or Kali elaichi. Because of its distinct smoky aroma and flavour, black cardamom is often used as a substitute for green cardamoms. The pods have a slightly minty aroma due to their volatile content and are often used as a mouth freshener. Every Indian household uses this spice to flavour biryanis and other Indian cuisines. Along with flavour, it has also been traditionally utilized to treat various ailments.
Bhut jolokia- A famous chilli from the North-East which is also known as ghost chilli, naga chilli, and beb. Considered to be one of the hottest peppers on the planet, topping over a million SHU (Scoville Heat Units) which measures the pungency of the chilli that is due to the presence of active component capsaicin. It actually held the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s hottest chilli from the year 2007 until 2010.
So, you can imagine the level of spiciness it gives out! This chilli is definitely spicy but is filled with an intensely fruity, sweet chilli flavour. In addition, to be a common kitchen ingredient in certain Indian households, it has also been used as a remedy for stomach ailments as well as to increase metabolism.
Stevia- It is a highly refined stevia leaf extract which is known as rebaudioside A (Reb-A). It is a novel sweetener that is nonnutritive, which means it does not contain any calories in it. It may help in keeping your blood sugar levels in check and may also help in managing cholesterol.
Note: The blend can form a slimy or sticky texture when it is mixed with a liquid.
Our Lakadong Mirch has been invented as it dawned on us that people love to drink golden milk often made of turmeric and with this blend, we have given it a twist with the spiciest chilli for those spice lovers. Therefore, our Lakadong Mirch was formulated with the purpose of it being golden milk made with our famous Lakadong turmeric along with the famous Bhut Jolokia of the North East.
It comes with an extremely strong flavour and a whole lot of spiciness. Perfect golden milk for someone who loves their chillies. This blend will transform your simple milk into a beautiful yet extremely hot drink that has strong flavours and the feeling that accompanies it is exceptionally indescribable.
The bright and beautiful yellow powder is loaded with the goodness of natural ingredients that makes your milk rich, appealing, and full of hotness. You will be delighted by the pleasant and flavoursome aroma it produces once you open the lid and the aroma sizzles in the air and lingers in the mouth.
This is a perfect natural spicy golden milk that can be enjoyed while you are suffering from a cold at any time of the year. But this blend should be handled with care and should be kept away from children.
Our Lakadong Mirch has a maximum level of curcumin and other active components such as gingerol and capsaicin. These ingredients also come with maximum health benefits and will also deal with your snacking habit. Some of its health benefits are as follows:
Helps in reducing inflammation- Curcumin in turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon have natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help the body fight against foreign substances. Ginger contains phytonutrients that may help in reducing cell damage and also prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance.
Curcumin and gingerol are powerful anti-inflammatory substances that can suppress inflammation and fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Increase antioxidant capacity- The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from a substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Curcumin along with antioxidants in ginger, cinnamon, black cardamom, and Bhut Jolokia such as polyphenols and will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases- In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin, gingerol along with other components in cinnamon can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
- May protect against heart diseases- Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin as well as gingerol protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases- Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing the various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in ginger and other ingredients in this blend helps in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
- May help ease the symptoms of severe joint pains (arthritis)- Due to its potent anti-inflammatory activity, curcumin may be a safe and effective option for preventing osteoarthritis (swelling of joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation in the lining of joints, especially in hands and fingers).
- Aids in weight loss- Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin helps by stabilizing metabolism and manages weight. Capsaicin in bhut jolokia controls the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues.
- A natural blood thinner- At times, there are some health conditions where blood-thinning agents are required to prevent blockages. Curcumin acts as a natural blood thinner in certain conditions where it helps in preventing the clotting of blood.
- Helps in diabetes- Curcumin helps in sensitizing insulin and helps in lowering the glucose level. These properties in it may help in dealing with both type1 (do not produce insulin) and type 2 (do not respond to insulin) diabetes. Cinnamon
- High blood pressure- Turmeric is commonly used in stabilizing blood pressure and prevents hypertension linked to natural ageing. Black cardamom helps in lowering blood pressure due to its diuretic effect which means that it can promote urination.
- Reduces pain- Ginger has been traditionally used to relieve pain including menstrual pain in women. Gingerol content in it is highly effective against muscle pain that is induced due to exercise. It does not show an immediate impact, but it may be effective at reducing the day-to-day progress of muscle pain. This effect is due to its anti-inflammatory properties that relieve the body from chronic body aches.
- Helps in indigestion- Chronic indigestion causes pain and discomfort in the upper region of the stomach and it is believed that delayed gastric emptying is the main reason for indigestion. Ginger helps in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is beneficial for those who are suffering from the condition of indigestion.
- Ease a cold or flu- It is often told that ginger and turmeric help in recovering from a cold or flu. These ingredients help in protecting the respiratory system. The anti-inflammatory gingerols, shogaols in ginger helps in relieving sore throat and also removes viruses and bacteria that cause cold and flu. Bhut Jolokia is also helpful in opening clogged nasal passages during cold as it increases the production of mucus and saliva.
Here are two recipes that we have created using our very own Lakadong Mirch.
1. Lakadong Mirch Golden Milk
- 1 cup milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
- ½ teaspoon Lakadong Mirch
- 1 teaspoon of honey for a sweet taste
- Take ½ teaspoon of Lakadong Mirch or even more if you prefer a spicier flavour.
- Add it in a cup and if you prefer a little more sweetness, you can add honey and mix it to form a smooth paste.
- Pour 250ml of warm milk over it and stir well.
- Enjoy it warm at any time of the day especially on those days when you are having a cold. It will surely do its magic!
2. Sweet and Spicy Health drink
- ½ teaspoon of Lakadong Mirch
- 1 glass guava juice/ any juice you prefer
- Add ½ teaspoon of Lakadong Mirch to a container
- Add a teaspoon of honey and mix it to form a smooth paste
- Pour a glass of guava juice/ any juice of your choice
- Stir well till the mixture is uniformly mixed
- Transfer it to a glass add some ice cubes and garnish it with some lemon or mint
- Enjoy this sweet and spicy health drink
What Is the Shelf-life of Lakadong Mirch?
Our Lakadong Mirch can last for twelve months if it is properly stored. The powder does not get spoilt, but it will start to lose its potency with time and will not flavour or show its benefits as intended when it exceeds the period of twelve months.
How to Store Lakadong Mirch?
To keep your Lakadong Mirch fresh for a longer duration, store it away from direct sunlight, stoves, ovens, and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the blend to lose its flavour and strength.
Why Does Lakadong Mirch Form a Slimy/Sticky Texture?
All our products have minimally processed ingredients. They are processed in-house to maintain their purity and quality. The fibrous nature of these ingredients such as turmeric, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon is the reason behind the sticky texture of the blend. Consumption of this slimy/sticky blend is absolutely fine.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.