Kick-Start Your Day with a Cup of Meghalaya Masala Tea!
For most Indians, tea is a constant beverage, no matter what the weather is. However, tea’s wide-scale popularity is not only confined to India; it is the second most-coveted beverage next to water across the globe. A cup of hot masala tea in the morning can make you feel refreshed the whole day, while one cup in the evening is an instant pick-me-up! If you're an avid fan of spicy food and beverages, this masala chai online from Zizira is going to be your go-to beverage. Opt not only to stay afresh, and energetic throughout the day with this chai blend from the pristine lands of Meghalaya, but also get ready to make the most of its health-aiding attributes too.
Zizira is your one-stop destination for Meghalaya Masala Chai powder online. All the ingredients in our delicious Indian masala tea are sourced from organic farms and blended together to give it a unique and flavourful taste and aroma. We at Ziizra make sure that the raw ingredients are sourced eco-responsibly, and directly from the farmers with no middlemen in the equation. With this approach, we ensure that the Indian masala tea that you get remains adulteration free. If you make tea every day, the convenience of having the best masala tea powder ready will make it easier. Order masala tea online at the best price only at Zizira! Check out our masala chai price without any delay, add to your shopping cart, and get going!
What is Meghalaya Masala Chai?
Meghalaya Masala chai is a natural blend that will help you create the perfect cup of masala chai, without worrying about which spices to add or what quantity of it to put in. These spices not only add aroma and taste to the chai, but they also help you deal with a common seasonal illness like cold, cough, and sore throat. So, what are you waiting for? Buy masala chai powder online only at Ziizra to avail of premium-quality tea that’s worth every penny.
What Are the Ingredients in Meghalaya Masala Chai?
This blend is a combination of amazing ingredients that are directly and traditionally sourced from our farmers. It consists of classic ingredients such as Black tea, lemongrass, bay leaf, ginger, and black pepper.
Black tea: Tea comes from the plant Camellia sinensis. It is one of the most loved beverages in the entire world. It is believed to have originated in China but around 80% of people from around the world consume it daily. In ancient times, border trade between China, Tibet, and other neighbouring countries fermented tea, dried them, and pressed them into bricks to be used as currency.
The difference between the different teas is the processing method. During the processing of black tea, it is fermented and oxidized. The oxidation level in the tea gives it its unique flavour and colour ranging from amber to dark brown with a savoury to sweet taste.
Black tea is rich in antioxidants known as polyphenols and catechins. The compounds that it contains are loaded with a wide range of health benefits. It is stronger, bolder, more oxidized, and thus more beneficial. Black tea also has caffeine content in it which is around 42 mg in a single cup serving.
Lemongrass: Scientifically known as Cymbopogan citratus. It is also known as barbed wire grass, silky heads, cochin grass, Malabar grass. Lemongrass is an aromatic plant that yields aromatic oils. Its name is derived from the lemon-like odour shoots. Due to its ability to reduce fever, it is also known as “fever grass”. It is one of the herbs to travel along the spice route from Asia to Europe. Lemongrass oil is known as Cochin oil since 90% of it is shipped from Cochin port.
There are five species of lemongrass. They are:
- Cymbopogon flexuosus- it is known as East India, Cochin, or Malabar grass. The leaves are linear and lanceolate. Under this species, two other varieties are identified based on the colour of the stem.
- C. flexuosus variety flexuosus- It is red grass. The stem and leaf sheath are reddish-purple colour. It is recognized as the true lemongrass. The essential oil contains more than 75-80% citral.
- C. flexuosus variety albescens- it has white grass and white stems. The essential oil contains less than 65-70% citral.
- Cymbopogon citratus- it is known as West Indian or American lemongrass. It is stemless grass. The essential oil contains around 74-76% citral.
- Cymbopogon pendulus- it is known as Jammu lemongrass and has white stems and is dwarf in nature. It is frost resistant and its essential oil contains around 75-80% citral.
Bay leaf: The Indian bay leaf is scientifically known as Cinnamomum tamala or tej patta in Hindi. Originated in the southern slopes of the Himalayas, they are also found growing in Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, and the North-Eastern hills of India.
It is an endemic spice in most Indian cuisines from savoury to sweet dishes due to its distinctive fragrance and flavour. However, it is also well-known for the medicinal properties it possesses.
The presence of various nutrients and minerals such as Vitamin A and C along with folic acid (a type of vitamin B) makes it a highly beneficial herb. If the leaves are eaten whole, they are pungent and have a sharp bitter taste. Its fragrance is more noticeable than its taste which when dried, it gives out a herbal and slightly floral fragrance which is due to the presence of essential oils like Myrcene and Eugenol in it.
Ginger: Ginger is one of the healthiest spices in the world. Renowned for its taste elevating properties and is a must-have in Asian cooking. It is loaded with essential nutrients and bioactive components that have powerful benefits for the body. People have been using ginger for cooking as well as medicines since ancient times.
The unique fragrance and flavour of this spice come from its natural oils, gingerol. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound that is responsible for many of its medicinal properties. It provides powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects and is a popular home remedy for nausea, stomach disorders, and various other health issues.
Black pepper: Known as the king of spice as it is widely loved and extensively used by people all over the world. Black pepper’s signature aroma emanates from the berries of the tropical Piper nigrum vine, one among the thousand species of the Piperaceae family.
Black pepper is more than just a kitchen staple but is used medicinally in ancient medicines. It has active component piperine which does all the magic!
It is responsible for all the health benefits that it provides and is also an essential component that enhances curcumin absorption and activates it up to 2,000%. It works by supporting the gastrointestinal tract and the immune system.
Our Meghalaya Masala Chai is known for its strong and pleasant flavours and this blend can be included in the daily diet because of the many benefits it has. It is a perfect tea blend that is a must-have in every household. This blend will transform your simple tea into a beautiful yet extremely beneficial healthy beverage.
The brownish-green powder is loaded with the goodness of natural ingredients that makes your tea rich and appealing. You will be delighted by the pleasant aroma it produces once you open the container and the aroma sizzles in the air and lingers in the mouth.
This amazing chai has a delicious flavorful taste and the feeling that accompanies it is exceptionally satisfying.
A classic chai that can be enjoyed all the year-round and is a perfect drink to relish during a cold rainy day.
Buy masala chai online at Zizira and you are sorted! While our masala tea powder makes for a delicious cup of tea, you can reap the many benefits that it has to offer. Carefully picked masala tea ingredients such as black tea, black pepper, bay leaf, lemongrass, etc. from the remote, industrially-unexploited lands of Meghalaya make it a rejuvenating mix of health and taste. If you have been thinking to go after health, you have to compromise on taste, you can’t be farther from the truth. And, we at Zizira, strive to bust this myth with our exquisite blend of Indian masala tea!.
- Reduce Inflammation – The healthy ingredients in masala tea help reduce inflammation in the muscles and form a potent painkiller. Most of the ingredients in our Meghalaya masala chai powder are rich sources of antioxidants, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, which, in turn, offer an antiinflammatory shield to your body.
- Aids in Digestion – Strong spices help speed up the digestive system and keep the gut healthy.
- Increases Immunity – The spices used to make tea masala contains immune-boosting properties that protect the body from disease-causing germs.
- Boosts Energy Levels – Masala tea works as a stimulant and helps drive away fatigue.
- Cancer Prevention - Several studies cite that, armed with potent antioxidant properties, masala tea is deemed beneficial in preventing the onset and spread of cancerous developments up to a certain extent.
- Heart Healthy - By controlling the bad cholesterol levels in the body, masala chai helps optimize heart health.
- Pain Management - Joint pains are quite common in elderly. Masala tea blends are known to help alleviate the distress, discomfort and sluggish movement by increasing blood circulation.
- Sleep-aid - Heard of refreshing properties of masala chai? Well, it can be leveraged to avail of the much-needed restful night’s sleep too. It helps calm your nervous system, promote a sense of tranquility, and soothe your body, and mind.
How to make a Delicious Masala Tea
- Take a tea pan over medium flame and add some water to it
- Bring the water to boil, and then add tea leaves, tea masala, sugar, grated ginger. Allow it to boil for 5-10 minutes
- Slowly add dairy milk/soy milk/almond milk to it and allow it to simmer for a few more minutes
- When you start to smell an amazing aroma, turn off the flame
- Pour the tea through the strainer in a cup and enjoy!
How to Store This Chai?
Here is a simple way to follow in order to keep this Meghalaya Masala Chai fresh for a longer duration.
Store it away from direct sunlight, stoves, ovens, and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the blend to lose its flavour and strength.
What Is the Shelf-life of Meghalaya Masala Chai?
Our Meghalaya Masala chai can last for twelve months if it is properly stored. The blend does not get spoilt, but it will start to lose its potency with time and will not flavour or show its benefits as intended when it exceeds the period of twelve months.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.