What is the Megha Samples Pack?
Zizira’s Megha Samples Pack was created with the idea of providing customers with the option of combining 6 of Zizira’s unique ingredients in sample-sized packages.
The pack includes a range of Zizira’s best-selling products from tea blends to herbs and spices.
The ingredients offered in this pack are all sourced from our partner farmers right here in Meghalaya and they are naturally grown without the use of any fertilizers or pesticides.
Zizira’s herbal tea blends are easy to make and require no hassle whatsoever. You can make the perfect cup of Valerian Tea, Ing Makhir Fit Tea or any other tea blend in the mix in just under 3 steps:
• Boil water
• Steep your tea blend
• Enjoy you perfect cup of herbal tea!
Pro Tip- Adding raw honey to your teas amplifies the flavour and leaves you feeling even more refreshed or relaxed.
Herbs and Spices
Gotu Kola Sambol Recipe
Gotu Kola sambol is a herby coconut salad popular in Sri Lanka
Small bunch of Gotu Kola, washed (alternatively use curly leaf parsley or curly kale)
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 small green finger chilli, finely sliced
6 small red shallots, finely sliced
½ fresh coconut (alternatively use 200g/7oz fresh coconut flakes)
1 tbsp Maldive fish flakes (dried tuna flakes, also known as Maldive chips)
½ lime, juice only table salt, to taste
- Finely chop the Gotu Kola, including the stalks, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli, and shallots and mix together.
- Using a coconut scraper, scrape out the coconut flesh into a bowl.
- Add a couple of handfuls of coconut flesh to the bowl, along with the Maldive fish flakes, lime juice, and a little salt.
- Mix well to combine, taste, and add more salt if desired.
Known as ‘Nature’s Valium’, Valerian root can be used to make a herbal tea or a tincture for relieving stress and headache.
Stinging Nettle leaves
Once processed (cooked, dried, or frozen) the Stinging Nettle leaves do not sting anymore and it can be used to make nettle tea or you can even cook it with other leafy greens.
Szechuan pepper has a peppery, citrus flavour to it which gives it a nice kick to your dishes. It is mostly ground or roasted before adding it to your savour dishes or salads.
Hailed as the ‘king of spices’, black pepper is used in almost every dish that we make at home. Be it stews and broths, to curries and salads, black pepper is one condiment that does not need any introduction.
Lemongrass is an aromatic herb which is perfect for your broths and stews. It has a citrusy and lemony flavour and adds a nice zing to your recipes. Here’s a couple ways in which you can you use lemongrass.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 to 3 teaspoons of dried lemongrass chunks
- Steep for at least five minutes
- Strain the tea
- Enjoy hot or add ice cubes for iced lemongrass tea
250 g lemongrass chunks
1/4 tsp salt
1 L of water
150 g powdered sugar
4 large ice cubes
- Heat 1 L of water in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add in the lemongrass and simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Strain the water into a large jug.
- Add the sugar and salt, stir well until dissolved, and pour the mixture into another pan.
- Bring it to a boil and remove it from the flame. Allow it to cool completely.
- Add some ice cubes to a glass and pour the juice over it.
- Serve chilled.
Perilla seeds are aromatic, and they have a delicious nutty flavour. They are used as a spice and makes delicious chutneys and salads. The locals of Meghalaya roast and ground perilla seeds, and mix them with vegetables such as radish, boiled bitter gourd, cabbage to make healthy nutritious salads.
Cinnamon is used both in-ground and stick forms and is an essential ingredient for baking bread and desserts. It can be used as a flavour for chocolate dishes, drinks, in syrups for fruit salads and even meat or veggie stews.
Bay Leaf Powder
1. Tej Patta Chai: We Indians love ‘tej patta chai’. It is also called ‘Masala chai’ because of its strong, spicy taste.
Ingredients you need:
4-5 cups water
1-2 teaspoon of black tea leaves
1-2 dried bay leaves
2 slices of ginger
2 cups of milk
How to prepare tej patta chai:
- Heat water in a container and bring it to a boil.
- Add the black tea leaves and continue boiling for 4-5 mins.
- Add ginger slices and bay leaves to the mixture.
- Add milk and keep boiling for 3-4 mins.
- Your tej patta chai is now ready.
- Take it off your stove or heater. Strain it using a sieve. Pour into a cup and add sugar for sweetness.
- Enjoy every sip of this refreshing bay leaf tea.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.