Delay Notice: In light of the current situation, your products might take a bit longer than usual to reach you as our courier partners are unable to deliver in some locations
✔ Has antioxidant properties, the antioxidant is known to be responsible for keeping the body healthy.
✔ It May helps in reducing inflammation.
✔ It may be useful in weight management.
✔ All the ingredients are sourced directly from the farmers of Meghalaya.
✔ Cash on delivery available.
Limited Edition Winter Honey
These infusions are available only in the winter season from November to February.
Raw Honey from Meghalaya tends to have a higher moisture content compared to honey from elsewhere, therefore infusing it with other herbs and spices might cause fermentation in the summer, which leads to leakage in our honey bottles.
Therefore, limiting Zizira to provide these infusions in the winter only!
What is Turmeric Twist Honey?
Zizira’s Turmeric Twist is a honey that has been infused with a twist of our very famous Lakadong turmeric along with some ginger and black pepper. Our Lakadong turmeric has a high level of curcumin content in it which requires the help of a little piperine from black pepper to enhance its activity.
The objective of adding black pepper to any turmeric blend is to increase the absorption rate of curcumin in the body. Hence, a combination of a little black pepper with turmeric is necessary for magnifying their effects as well as the taste.
Turmeric Twist Honey is a special and unique flavoured honey that has been created to enhance the benefits of raw honey. This honey is a perfect blend of ingredients that will not only enhance the taste of the honey but will also provide maximum benefits that are essential for the body.
This particular honey infusion makes the consumption of herbs and spices highly acceptable and convenient. It is one of the simplest ways to provide maximum benefits of various herbs and spices to individuals of any age group.
What is Honey Infusion?
Honey infusions are simple concoctions that serve as a herbal remedy that not only provides maximum benefits but is delicious too. It is the easiest method of combining all sorts of herbs and spices with honey to bring about delicious and unique flavours as well as adding remedial values too.
Combining the healing properties of various herbs and spices with raw honey is the most effective way of keeping the body free from diseases and helps in boosting the immune system.
Ingredients in Turmeric Twist Honey
As the name suggests, this honey is a combination of natural ingredients that are beneficial as well as flavorful. These highly nutritious ingredients constituting this honey infusion are:
Mawsynram Honey - A natural honey that is directly collected from the dense forests of Mawsynram where the flora is in abundance. Our Mawsynram honey is provided to us by our partnered beekeeper, Kong Elvira who hails from Thieddieng village in Mawsynram. This honey is in pure, raw form and is free from all artificial additives.
Lakadong Turmeric - Lakadong Turmeric, scientifically known as Curcuma longa is a special variety of turmeric obtained from a place called ‘Lakadong’, which is located in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya. It is known for its high medicinal qualities as the Curcumin content in it is between 7 to 12.32% (last tested in 2020), which is one of the highest, as against 2 to 3% in most varieties of turmeric. Curcumin in it is responsible for its bright yellowish-orange colour along with its incredible medicinal properties. This component also determines its value. So, the higher the curcumin level the higher the value of the turmeric.
Ginger - Ginger, with the scientific name Zingiber officinale, is one of the healthiest spices in the world. Renowned for its taste elevating properties and is a must-have in Asian cooking. It is loaded with essential nutrients and bioactive components that have powerful benefits for the body. People have been using ginger for cooking as well as for medicinal purposes since ancient times. The unique fragrance and flavour of this spice come from its natural oils, gingerol. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound that is responsible for many of its medicinal properties. It provides powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects and is a popular home remedy for nausea, stomach disorders, and various other health issues.
Black pepper - Known as the king of spice as it is widely loved and extensively used by people all over the world. Black pepper’s signature aroma originates from the berries of the tropical Piper nigrum plant, one amongst the thousand species of the Piperaceae family. Black pepper is more than just a kitchen staple but is used medicinally in ancient medicines. It has active component piperine which does all the magic! It is responsible for all the health benefits that it provides and as been stated earlier, it is also an essential component that enhances curcumin absorption and activates it up to 2,000%. It works by supporting the gastrointestinal tract and the immune system.
Turmeric Twist Honey has been created with the intention of consuming spices like turmeric and ginger in the most convenient way by infusing it with the most versatile ingredient – Honey!
Our Mawsynram honey gets infused with our famous Lakadong turmeric powder giving this honey infusion a bright yellow colour that has an appealing appearance. The consistency of this honey is so smooth that it easily dribbles down a spoon.
Once you open the lid, there is an outburst of a sweet and spicy aroma that is strong yet pleasing. The unique blend gives the honey its unique taste that has a little sweetness along with some hint of spiciness from the ginger and black pepper.
An infusion worth trying! The uniqueness in its composition and the burst of flavour it produces is worth giving your food products a little twist while keeping all sorts of common everyday illnesses at bay.
What are the health benefits of Turmeric Twist Honey?
Raw honey contains most nutrients while its combination with other natural goodness makes the honey more nutritious, delicious, and full of health benefits.
Here are a few health benefits of Turmeric Twist Honey:
- A good source of antioxidants - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from the substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Turmeric Twist Honey contains many plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases as these natural antioxidants help in boosting the body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties - These properties are naturally available in all the ingredients in this honey infusion. Such properties in them help in killing unwanted bacteria that enter the body. This, in turn, helps in keeping the body free from diseases and enhances the body’s defence mechanisms by boosting the immune system.
- Helps in reducing inflammation - Curcumin in turmeric, gingerol in ginger, piperine in black pepper, and natural anti-inflammatory compounds in honey help the body fight against foreign substances. Ginger contains phytonutrients that may help in reducing cell damage and prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. These powerful anti-inflammatory substances that are present in turmeric twist may help in suppressing inflammation and fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Soothes sore throat - Honey mixed with some turmeric, ginger, and black pepper is an old remedy that helps in dealing with any kind of respiratory infection. The phytoconstituents that are present in this honey infusion helps in suppressing cough and also provide instant relief from sore throat.
- Useful in weight management - Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin and other constituents such as gingerol and piperine help by stabilizing metabolism and manages weight. They act by controlling the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues. Honey, on the other hand, is known for its ability to burn out body fats even while sleeping. It also acts by increasing the metabolism which in turn helps in reducing weight.
- Protecting the brain - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin and piperine along with other components can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory. Honey has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities that are beneficial for the brain. It protects it from damage caused by exposure to lead and some of the constituents in it also helps in fighting inflammation in the brain.
- May protect against Heart diseases - Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin as well as gingerol protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing the various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in ginger and honey help in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
- Helps in indigestion - Chronic indigestion causes pain and discomfort in the upper region of the stomach and it is believed that delayed gastric emptying is the main reason for indigestion. Ginger helps in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is beneficial for those who are suffering from the condition of indigestion. Honey is believed to be a home remedy for indigestion. Its antibacterial property inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria that can be responsible for causing stomach ulcers and indigestion. This honey infusion may help in dealing with stomach ulcers and may help in relieving irritation of the intestinal tract which is commonly experienced due to indigestion.
- Nutritious - Honey contains various nutrients in it that makes it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environment and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins. Turmeric twist is highly nutritious due to the various properties as well as the micro and macronutrients that are present in it. Its daily intake can provide maximum content of all the essential nutrients needed by the body.
- Increase athletic performance - Honey is good or is even better than glucose, sugar, or water in boosting the energy of athletes. It is a great source of carbohydrates and sugar and it helps in maintaining glycogen (helps in storing energy) levels and improves recovery time as compared to other sweeteners. The curcumin content in this infusion along with the anti-inflammatory activity of ginger and black pepper together helps in relieving muscle pain that occurs during and after working out.
- Helps in dealing with nausea - Ginger, an ingredient in this honey infusion is highly effective in dealing with nausea. It has traditionally been used as a remedy for seasickness and other forms of motion sickness.
- Ease a cold or flu - It is often told that ginger, turmeric, black pepper helps in recovering from a cold or flu. These ingredients help in protecting the respiratory system. The anti-inflammatory gingerols, shogaols in ginger helps in relieving sore throat and also removes viruses and bacteria that cause cold and flu.
Whether you are preparing a garnish or topping your favourite breakfast, this honey is a seamless compliment. Whichever way you use it, it will surely tingle your taste buds.
Here are a few ways you can use our Turmeric Twist Honey
Turmeric twist with citrus for soothing sore throat and cold- Mix a tablespoon of turmeric twist and half a teaspoon of lemon juice together in a bowl. Consume this mixture daily for soothing sore throat and cold.
Turmeric twist golden milk- Add a teaspoon of turmeric twist to a cup of warm milk for instant golden milk. Consume it before bed for a good night's sleep.
Turmeric twist toppings- Drizzle this delicious honey to your daily breakfast such as oats, pancakes or you can even spread it on your bread for that sweet yet healthy flavour.
Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Twist smoothie recipe:
- One tablespoon of Turmeric Twist Honey
- One cup of water
- One cup of milk
- One cup of diced mangoes/ pineapple
- 3/4th spoon of coconut oil Instructions:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend
- Empty it in a glass and add some ice
- Enjoy this smoothie to get relief from inflammatory conditions
- It is highly beneficial and refreshing with the sweet flavour from the fruits as well as the turmeric twist
How Should Honey Infusions be Stored?
The mixture of herbs and spices in it makes the honey more susceptible to get contaminated with moisture and other unwanted substances.
To avoid such circumstances, honey infusions should be sealed properly after opening and should be stored in a cool and dry area. The addition of moisture or water to it will make the honey go bad and lead to a fermentation process that produces a sour aftertaste.
Why Does Foaming Occur in Honey Infusions?
Honey infusion is a combination of herbs and spices with raw honey. This process includes the mixing of ingredients together which leads to the formation of bubbles and froth in the honey. It is a natural phenomenon that occurs during the processing and packaging of these honey infusions.
When packed in containers, the natural ingredients get infused together and produce a unique and delicious flavour in the honey that gets enhanced with time. The longer you keep your honey-infused, the stronger the flavour will be.
What Is the Shelf-life of Honey Infusions?
The flavour of any honey infusion becomes intense with time. It is preferred to use the honey infusion within six months from the manufacturing date because when kept for a longer duration, its taste can become extremely strong which may not be preferred by some.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- turmeric honey
- lemon shots
My mother just loves the honey which she has with her nimbu paani every morning.....
This review made our day! Glad to hear that your mother loves the honey. Thank you for your review.
Transperant and local farmer support is admirable. Zuban and her team manage the marketplace very well.
For Quality and to support farmers
Taste & Quality is really amazing. "Turmeric twist honey" is always ultimate.
A good and tasty product . Taste always fresh
Very good product. Only issue I have had is there is no consistency in the amount of turmeric/pepper added to the honey. My first order had a good amount but the second order of honey has too much pepper in it.
Had purchased both Ginger infused and Turmeric twist honey. The Turmeric twist honey was very good.