Are you someone who likes the food moderately spice, aromatic, and mouthwatering at the same time? Well, this is a dream come true, and the Szechuan pepper from the pristine lands of Meghalaya, North East is just the kitchen ingredient that can weave the magic. While this kitchen spice has garnered quite a bit of popularity across the globe, there is a chance that you might not be aware of its features, and benefits. Let’s get you started!
Szechuan pepper or Sichuan Pepper is an essential spice used in Asian cuisines. The Chinese cuisines have leveraged this not pepper, not chilli spice, for centuries due to obvious reasons. It is known for the mouth-tingling sensation it leaves and its fragrant aroma, which resembles that of lavender. Chefs use its numbing sensation to balance the heat of chilli pepper. It is mostly ground or roasted before adding to dishes or infused with oil and salt for a savoury seasoning. It is hard to guess its unique taste from this description! Nothing like trying it yourself!
If you are looking forward to getting Sichuan Pepper at the best price in India, Zizira is your best bet. Why? The Zizira team collaborates with the farmers in remote Meghalayan villages to get this pepper variant in its purest, raw, and authentic form. The health-aiding benefits, and the unmistakable culinary features will leave you pining for more! Do check out the Zizira Szechuan Pepper price online before making your purchase decision.
- When harvested, the pepper consists of a pinkish-red husk that is sun-dried till it turns brown. It is then separated from the spikes and made ready for storage.
- The spice has a peppery, citrus-like flavour and a unique aroma. It is used in the seasoning of chicken, fish, eggplant curries and mixed with chutneys. At times, even the tender leaves of the tree are added, to elevate the taste in fish curries.
- Szechuan Pepper is used as a traditional medicine to relieve flatulence, abdominal pain, and toothache, as it contains antispasmodic properties.
- It is also one of the ingredients of the exotic Asian five-spice powder that includes other spices like star anise, fennel, clove, and cinnamon.
This spice is commonly used by the people of Meghalaya for flavouring chutneys and for its numbing sensation, to neutralize the heat of the chillies. So, wait no more, buy Szechuan Pepper online at Zizira right away!
The aroma of Szechuan peppercorn is similar to that of lavender. When consumed, the first taste is bitter, then a numbing heat is sensed, followed by citrus flavour. This spice is famous for the powerful numbing sensation it causes around the mouth.
These peppercorns contain the molecule hydroxy-alpha-sanshool which interacts with nerve cell receptors in the lips and mouth.
It excites the touch sensors and the confusing sensation feels like numbness. With enough stimulation, it feels like the area has gone numb.
Health Benefits of Szechuan Pepper
- Stimulates circulation - For someone who feels lethargic, weak, or lightheaded without knowing why this may be due to a condition known as anaemia. Those suffering from anaemia lack the amount of healthy red blood cells that help in carrying adequate oxygen to the various body tissues. It is one of the most common health problems and is also known as iron deficiency. Szechuan peppers contain a high level of iron which helps in providing enough haemoglobin in the body which thus help in oxygenating the red blood cells and stimulate the circulatory system.
- Helps in reducing pain - Although Szechuan peppers are associated with spice and heat, it also actually works as an analgesic (pain killer) substance. The phytochemicals that are present in Szechuan peppers can grip pain receptors and eliminate the nervous system from producing pain or discomfort. It is not a cure for pain but will definitely help in relieving it.
- Can help boost immunity - Szechuan peppers have high levels of zinc in them which makes them potent for strengthening the immune system. Zinc is highly beneficial in keeping immunity in check. The volatile oils that are present in Szechuan pepper are packed with excellent amounts of antioxidants and other important chemicals that have anti-fungal and antiviral properties that make them extremely effective.
- Aids in appetite - It is often very difficult to gain back a normal appetite after recovering from an illness. However, it is during this time that the body is continuously healing and repairing and is in need of the maximum level of nutrients. There are many different compounds in Szechuan peppers that help in stimulating the appetite and also improves the rate of metabolism, which means that it will aid in deriving essential nutrients from the food eaten at a faster rate.
- Helps in strengthening bones - Quite a few essential minerals are found in minimum quantity within Szechuan peppers which include copper, manganese, phosphorus, and iron that play an extremely important role in building up strong bones. These compounds also help in preventing age-related problems like osteoporosis (bones become weak and increase the chances of breaking). The density of bone minerals in our body decreases as we get older, so it is very important for us to supplement ourselves with maximum quantities of minerals whenever possible. This infusion is very helpful in providing these essential minerals and keeping the bones strong.
- Helps prevent, and manage inflammation: Szechuan Pepper is deemed to be a powerhouse of various antioxidants including phytosterols and terpenes. The natural anti-inflammatory effects this spice offers are highly beneficial in combating all sorts of infections, and inflammations in the body. It is also known to help combat oxidative stress-induced cellular damage. The key chemical compounds in it tend to neutralize the free radicals and prevent the inflammation from taking root.
- Stomach Care: Digestive system health is paramount for our holistic health, and well-being. Stomach ache is one of the key Zizira Szechuan Pepper benefits. It is known to stimulate the metabolism process while reducing any form of inflammation of the stomach. Preventing stomach cramps, bloating, and constipation can also be considered as some of the key benefits.
Manage blood pressure: This pepper variant tends to contain significant levels of potassium. Apart from being good for cardiovascular health, it also helps relax the blood vessels preventing high blood pressure and lowers the potential effect of cholesterol.
Check out the Szechuan Pepper Online collection at Zizira right away!
How to Store Szechuan Peppercorn?
Here are a few simple steps to follow in order to keep your Szechuan peppercorns fresh for a longer duration.
- Store it in an airtight container and remember to close the lid of the container tightly as soon as you finish using it.
- Before storing them in airtight containers, make sure the peppercorns, as well as the bottle, are thoroughly dried because the presence of moisture will cause the seeds to develop molds.
- Coloured bottles are a better option to store the peppercorns as it protects it from direct sunlight. If you are using clear bottles, remember to store them in closed cabinets or wall racks which do not receive direct sunlight.
- Store it away from stoves, ovens, windows and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the peppercorns to lose their strength and volatile content.
What Is The Shelf-life of Szechuan Peppercorns?
Our Szechuan peppercorn can last for twelve months if it is properly stored. The powder does not get spoilt, but it will start to lose its potency with time and will not flavour or show its benefits as intended.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Product is very good,I’m very much satisfied.keep it up
I have been using there products they are really good and pure.
Genuine spices packaging and quick delivery. Service is real good. Appreciated
new experience of this spice for us so gifted my relative
Needed good Szechuan peppers for Chinese cooking
Best quality of your products from Zizira