The Bird's Eye Chilli is a pepper variant from the species Capsicum annuum commonly found in the Southeast Asian continent. This spicy spice finds production in India majorly in Meghalaya, Assam, and Kerala. Apart from spicing up your taste buds, this chilli has tremendous health benefits as well, contrary to the popular belief.
Are you excited to learn more about this red chilli powder? We will stave off your curiosity in a while. And, if you are planning to buy eye chilli powder online, Zizira is your one-stop destination. Zizira brings to you an excellent range of bird’s eye chilli products that are eco-responsible sourced, in their purest, raw form.
What is Mizo Bird’s Eye Chilli?
The Mizo Bird’s Eye Chilli is a variety of Bird’s Eye Chilli which grows in one of India's remotest districts along the Myanmar border in Siaha, Mizoram. It is small, about half an inch in length greenish in colour before ripening, and becomes bright red when ripe. Some say Bird’s Eye Chillies get their name from the fact that the shape of these chillies looks like the eyes of a bird. Mizo Bird's Eye Chillies have been accorded a Geographical Indication (GI) tag of their own.
Dried Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder from Mizoram
Flavour – What does Bird’s Eye Chillies taste like?
Bird’s eye chillies have a distinct pungent fruity flavour. On the Scoville scale, these chillies rate between 50,000 and 100,000 Scoville units. The common Indian green chilli measures at between 20,000 to 30,000 Scoville units.
They are hot but mild enough to be used regularly in Indian meals. If you taste a Bird’s eye while it is still green, it will taste sour and citrusy while the dried flakes and powder are a little pungent.
What are the Benefits of Bird’s Eye Chillies?
- Aid in Weight loss: Bird’s Eye Chillies contain Capsaicin which can speed up metabolism and help the body burn calories faster.
- Help Relieve Cold and Flu: The Capsaicin found in these chillies promotes sweating and eases the discomfort of cold and flu symptoms.
- Improved Breathing: These chillies act as an expectorant, therefore they can help people with asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, sinusitis, and other respiratory conditions breathe easier.
- Improved Circulation: Bird's eye chillies can promote good circulation and they are known to lower blood pressure. The capsaicin in these chillies also raises your body’s temperature; therefore, they increase your blood flow and get your heart pumping.
- Improves Digestion: The significance of eye chilli powder in improving digestion can’t be overstated. It is known to increase the production of enzymes that, in turn, helps in the digestion process. It is also deemed beneficial in the movement of food in the intestinal tract and enhancing the appetite by stimulating the gut.
- Treatment of Gum Problems: Gum problems and chilli may seem an odd combination. But bird’s chilli powder has been proven beneficial in the treatment of gum problems, and toothache since ancient times.
- Prevention and Treatment of Arthritis: This spice has been traditionally used to prevent as well as treat mild conditions of arthritis.
- Bird’s eye chilli is also proven beneficial in reducing blood pressure, treating bruises, and also reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
How to use Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder?
Our Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder can be used in a variety of ways. Here are a few:
- Use it in your chutneys to add a punch of heat and flavour.
- Use it in your pickles to increase the spiciness and add a depth of flavour.
- Add it to curries, soups, and stews for a dash of heat. This is especially beneficial to ease sore throats and the common cold.
- Add it to marinades for a slow-infused fiery punch.
- Cut up some citrus fruits and finely chop some mustard leaves. Mix well and season with salt and Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder and enjoy some traditional mouth-watering ‘khleh soh’ from Meghalaya!
Disclaimer: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
- service support
- network connection
- combo pack
Best quality products
Absolutely love the quality of the products
Good quality products
All items are best in quality.
Loved the product. Fresh and superb in adding that flavour to cooking.
Their products are genuine