Zizira’s natural cinnamon spice is sourced from the pristine hills of Meghalaya, free of chemical impurities. This cinnamon bark is obtained from a tree called Casia.
The bark is manually peeled, and sun-dried naturally before storage. The environment where they are cultivated is natural and green - free from chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
It is used both in-ground and stick forms and is an essential ingredient for baking bread and desserts. It can be used as a flavour for chocolate dishes, drinks, in syrups for fruit salads and even meat or veggie stews.
Indeed, it is a versatile spice for your culinary ventures.
The essence of good cinnamon spice is fresher in stick form than the powdered form. Cinnamon barks have a high level of oil, which makes it more compelling to use.
You can grind the cinnamon barks in small amounts, just before you need to use it because the freshness and flavours disappear quickly in powdered form.Note: This product is brought to you from the farms, unprocessed and in its purest form.
What Is the Shelf-life of Cinnamon Bark?
Our Cinnamon bark can last for twelve months if it is properly stored. The sticks do not get spoilt, but it will start to lose their potency with time and will not flavour or show its benefits as intended.
How to Store Cinnamon Bark?
Here are a few simple steps to follow in order to keep your Cinnamon bark fresh for a longer duration.
- Store it in an airtight container and remember to close the lid of the container tightly as soon as you finish using it.
- Before storing the sticks in airtight containers, make sure the sticks, as well as the bottle, is thoroughly dried because the presence of moisture will cause the seeds to develop molds.
- Coloured bottles are a better option to store the sticks as it protects it from direct sunlight. If you are using clear bottles, remember to store it in closed cabinets or wall racks which do not receive direct sunlight.
- Store it away from stoves, ovens, windows and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the stick to lose its strength and volatile content.
Cinnamon has a warm, sweet flavour and pungent aroma. The taste and scent come from cinnamaldehyde, which makes up most of the essential oil of cinnamon, but also 80 additional aromatic compounds.
Cassia has a stronger flavour than the more subtle true cinnamon, which can have floral notes.
Why This Product
Over the years, we have developed good relationships with ethical farmers who provide us with pure and great quality products.
Our team travels to the most isolated and remote villages to source the best ingredients.
The extra mile
- Knowing where our ingredients come from- We deeply care about where each and every ingredient we use comes from. Over the years our team has been able to build up relations with the ethical farmers of Meghalaya and what is important is that we give importance to providing pure and safe products to our customers.
- Evaluation of ingredients- To provide our customers with the best products, we make sure to select the absolute best ingredients with maximum quality. Both our team and our farmer partners share the same mission and we prioritize on the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
- Product safety- In the processing of food, we are aware of hazards that can creep in. We do not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical or biological. We take every necessary precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facility. That is what we are doing with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that we use.
- Credible, Safe and Wholesome- We follow a similar process for all of Zizira's products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. We understand that the choices we make and who we work with, partner with, what and how we serve can make a difference. We believe that our continued effort and diligent work will contribute to the health of our customers, to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Note: Only a maximum of 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder should be consumed in a day.
- Help manage type 2 diabetes- A daily dose of cinnamon has an impact on type 2 diabetes. It helps by reducing blood pressure and improving the sensitivity of insulin. Some of the compounds in it possess similar effects of insulin and helps in regulating the blood sugar level which is an important factor for those who are suffering from diabetes.
- Reduces cholesterol- Cinnamon helps in lowering LDL which is bad cholesterol and raises the HDL (good cholesterol) levels. One specific compound cinnamate may help in decreasing the activity of an enzyme that produces cholesterol which further helps in reducing the fatty acid content in the blood.
- Reduces inflammation- Cinnamaldehyde in cinnamon is an incredible compound that gives the bark its odour and flavour. This compound also helps in relieving swelling and prevents the platelets in the blood to clump together. The anti-inflammatory qualities in it also help in blocking the harmful substances that are associated with the abnormal growth of cells and therefore decrease the risk of various diseases.
- Rich in antioxidants- Antioxidants are highly important because they help the body in reducing oxidative stress that leads to cell damage which further leads to chronic diseases. Cinnamon is extremely rich in antioxidants and thus helps in preventing the risk of many rare diseases.
- Freshen breath- An incredible compound cinnamaldehyde helps in killing different oral bacteria which causes problems in the gums. This further leads to bad oral odour but chewing a cinnamon stick or gargling with a simple cinnamon mouthwash (boil 5 cinnamon sticks in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes) will help in relieving gum pain and bad odour.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Good Product and Authentic Quality
Good quality and quick delivery
Hi Ajay , Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We are ecstatic that you loved our product. Thank you for your kind words. We will continue to persevere and improve ourselves. Thank you for choosing Zizira. - Juban (Team Zizira)
You guys are amazing
Thank you so much, Ag Sh. -Risa (Team Zizira)