Delay Notice: In light of the current situation, your products might take a bit longer than usual to reach you as our courier partners are unable to deliver in some locations
✔ A higher concentration of beneficial plant compounds: gingerol and zingiberene
✔ Rich in antioxidants, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-nausea properties
✔ Helps improve digestion, relieves congestion and cold, relieve pain, treats bad breath, etc.
✔ Directly sourced from local farmers, naturally grown, minimally processed, and free of chemicals and pesticides
We’re all familiar with ginger but have you heard of Ing Makhir Ginger?
It’s a species of ginger that grows in Meghalaya.
What’s special about Ing Makhir Ginger is that it has high amounts of zingiberene and gingerol which makes it super potent, making it the world’s best ginger.
Its strong flavour and aroma give it many uses outside of the kitchen and it has been revered as a medicinal herb in Meghalaya for centuries.
A Brief History of Ing Makhir Ginger
Ing Makhir is a variety of ginger native to Meghalaya that is highly valued for its strong medicinal properties as compared to the common ginger root. Ing Makhir contains zingiberene, an essential oil that contributes its strong distinct flavour.
An age-old tradition of the Khasis used a herbal formulation comprising of Ing Makhir ginger and other herbs to treat an ailment found in new-borns or infants known as “Niangsohpet” (‘Niang’ means germs and ‘sohpet’ means navel in the Khasi dialect.)
Niangsohpet is a form of infantile diarrhoea or irregular bowels which is accompanied by the yellowish colour of the skin known as neonatal jaundice. This ancient folk remedy contains a mixture of various herbs which also include Ing Makhir as an effective ingredient.
Though Ing Makhir is utilized and valued for its uses in medicine, the rhizome is also used to make one of Meghalaya’s most famous ethnic side dishes- Tungrymbai which is a popular fermented soybean chutney.
What is Gingerol?
Gingerol is an active compound found in ginger just as piperine in black pepper. It is known to give ginger its analgesic or pain-relieving properties. It is also one reason why ginger can be taken while one is feeling nauseous or having indigestion. The presence of bioactive compounds such as gingerol in ginger determines the price of ginger in the market.
Flavour of Ing Makhir Ginger Powder
It is a pale yellow coloured powder with a very pungent taste and a hot flavour. The chemical compounds, 6-shogaol, zingiberene, and zingerone make the ginger hot and peppery. Rich in vitamin C and magnesium, this ginger variety has many health benefits.
What is Special About Ing Makhir Ginger Powder?
Compared to your regular varieties of ginger, Ing Makhir is superior in terms of potency, flavour, and health benefits. Here are some of the special attributes of Meghalaya’s Ing Makhir Powder:
- Strong and pungent flavour and aroma
- A Higher concentration of beneficial plant compounds: gingerol, and zingiberene
- Rich in antioxidants, it has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-nausea properties
- Helps improve digestion, relieves congestion and cold, relieve pain, treats bad breath, etc.
- Directly sourced from local farmers, naturally grown, minimally processed, and free of chemicals and pesticides
What Are the Health Benefits Ing Makhir Ginger?
As the world’s best ginger, Ing Makhir is loaded with a number of nutrients and bioactive compounds that are responsible for numerous health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of Ing Makhir ginger:
- It can help treat and reduce nausea symptoms
- It can help reduce muscle pain and soreness
- It has anti-inflammatory effects
- It may help in lowering blood pressure
- It has antibacterial properties
- It can be an effective blood-sugar regulator
- It can help in treating chronic indigestion
- It can help ease cold and flu symptoms
- It has immune-boosting properties
- It is effective in improving digestion and known to relieve pain and discomfort in the stomach
- Scientific research proves that it can help in lowering cholesterol and control high blood sugar in the body
- It facilitates weight loss curbing hunger, burning the stored fat in the body, and processing glucose faster
- It helps to reduce inflammation in the body caused by injury and offers relief from swollen joints
- It can benefit women who suffer from menstrual pain and help reduce pain and cramps effectively
- It enhances brain function and protects the brain against age-related diseases such as Alzheimer's
How to Use Ing Makhir Ginger?
This world’s best ginger powder is an effective aromatic ingredient in the kitchen making a number of spices and masalas for curries, marinades, stews, and more. The sharp and unique taste of the powder makes it perfect for a variety of dishes from vegetables, meats, pickles, stews, curries, soups, and even baked goods. Here are a few ways to use Ing Makhir ginger:
- One teaspoon of Ing Makhir ginger powder can be added to your food for flavour as well as for its benefits.
- ½ a teaspoon of the powder can be added to your morning and evening teas.
- ½ a teaspoon of the powder taken with honey before bedtime. This can also be a remedy to help in relieving cold and cough in both children and adults.
What Is the Shelf-life of Ing Makhir Ginger Powder?
Our Ing Makhir ginger powder can last for twelve months when it is properly stored in an airtight container. After twelve months, the powder does not get spoiled, however, it will start to lose its potency and you will not reap its maximum health benefits.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- payment issue
- healing powder
- ing makhir
The purity of their products is
I have tried the termeric powders 7-9% Curcumin in our cooking and Drinking 10-12% curcumin in hot water. Both are good. Again ordered Ginger. Hope, it will be of good quality.
Fantastic experience on all counts!! Prompt resolution of my payment issue!! Super fast delivery!! Outstanding products!! An unparalleled experience!! God bless the entire team
Products are genuinely fresh and very flavourful. I tried turmeric and ginger powder, both are of excellent quality. Must try for anyone look for authentic ingredients.
Good quality products
Quality was excellent
The best products ever. Absolutely pure.
I have trusted because of the process video and I am satisfied with the quality