✔ Increases antioxidant capacity
✔ Strong flavour
✔ Aids in inflammation
✔ Aids indigestion
Tea has been an integral part of morning routines in Indian households as well as across the globe. In fact, it’s the second most coveted beverage, and rightfully so. Turmeric is a globally-renowned spice that has been holding a special significance for centuries due to its culinary, and health-aiding benefits. Turmeric tea brought to you by Zizira brings together these two ingredients at their very best, pure, and natural form. Wait no more, and get ready to buy Lakadong turmeric tea that is eco-responsible sourced, processed and packaged with great care to reach your doorstep.
Get ready to revitalize your mornings with the heavenly concoction prepared with a pinch of Lakadong Turmeric tea Powder and you are sorted for the day’s hustle and bustle.
Lakadong gold turmeric tea got its name from its bright and beautiful colour “gold”. It was introduced as a tea blend and as a basic need for all those who favoured a healthy form of tea. The blend is a very basic one comprising of our very basic ingredients that are full of benefits.
Why This Product?
Sceptical about your decision to buy Lakadong Turmeric Tea? Here is all you need to know about this wonderful tea blend from the Meghalayan landscape. Lakadong Gold turmeric tea blend is packed with components that are overloaded with medicinal bioactive compounds such as curcumin, curcuminoids, piperine, and gingerol that are essential in keeping our body healthy.
Our team travels to the most isolated and remote villages to source the best ingredients. This blend has been formulated by combining the goodness of such natural ingredients that have been well chosen by our ethical farmers.
What Are the Ingredients in Lakadong Gold?
This basic yet beneficial Lakadong Gold Turmeric Tea blend is a combination of amazing ingredients that are directly and traditionally sourced from our farmers. It consists of our very own Lakadong turmeric, Ginger, and Black pepper.
Lakadong Turmeric: Lakadong Turmeric is a special variety of turmeric from a place called ‘Lakadong’, in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya. It is known for its medicinal qualities as the Curcumin content in it is between 7 to 9%, which is one of the highest, as against 2 to 3% in most varieties of turmeric. Curcumin in it is responsible for its bright yellowish-orange colour along with its incredible medicinal properties. This component also determines its value. So, the higher the curcumin level the higher the value.
Ginger: Ginger is one of the healthiest spices in the world. Renowned for its taste elevating properties and is a must-have in Asian cooking. It is loaded with essential nutrients and bioactive components that have powerful benefits for the body. People have been using ginger for cooking as well as medicines since ancient times.
The unique fragrance and flavour of this spice come from its natural oils, gingerol. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound that is responsible for many of its medicinal properties. It provides powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects and is a popular home remedy for nausea, stomach disorders, and various other health issues.
Black pepper: Known as the king of spice as it is widely loved and extensively used by people all over the world. Black pepper’s signature aroma emanates from the berries of the tropical Piper nigrum vine, one among the thousand species of the Piperaceae family. Black pepper is more than just a kitchen staple but is used medicinally in ancient medicines. It has active component piperine which does all the magic! It is responsible for all the health benefits that it provides and also works by supporting the gastrointestinal tract and the immune system.
Our Lakadong Gold has been created as a basic tea blend for someone who prefers the addition of healthy ingredients in their tea. Therefore, our Lakadong Gold was formulated with the purpose of it being a golden tea blend as well as basic golden milk made with the famous Lakadong turmeric from the hills of Meghalaya.
It has a strong pleasant flavour accompanied by a hint of pungency from the ginger. Perfect addition in your morning and evening teas as well as in milk. A must-have in every Indian kitchen. This blend will transform your simple tea or milk into a beautiful yet extremely beneficial health drink that comes with strong flavours and the feeling that accompanies it is remarkably satisfying.
The bright and beautiful yellow powder is loaded with the goodness of natural ingredients that makes your cup of tea or milk rich, appealing, and extremely healthy. Once you open the lid, you will be delighted by its pleasant and flavoursome aroma that sizzles in the air and lingers in the mouth.
A perfect natural tea blend that can be enjoyed all year-round and is a perfect drink to relish before a goodnight's sleep.
Our Lakadong Gold has a maximum level of curcumin and other active components such as gingerol and piperine. These ingredients also come with maximum health benefits. Some of its health benefits are as follows:
Helps in reducing inflammation- Curcumin in turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help the body fight against foreign substances. Ginger contains phytonutrients that may help in reducing cell damage and also prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance.
Curcumin, gingerol, and piperine are powerful anti-inflammatory substances that can suppress inflammation and fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Increase antioxidant capacity- The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from the substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Curcumin along with antioxidants in ginger and black pepper such as gingerol and piperine will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases- In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin and piperine along with gingerol can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
- May protect against Heart diseases- Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin as well as gingerol protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases- Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing the various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in ginger and black pepper helps in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
- May help ease the symptoms of severe joint pains (arthritis)- Due to its potent anti-inflammatory activity, curcumin may be a safe and effective option for preventing osteoarthritis (swelling of joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation in the lining of joints, especially in hands and fingers).
- Aids in weight loss- Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin helps by stabilizing metabolism and manages the weight. It controls the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues.
- A natural blood thinner- At times, there are some health conditions where blood-thinning agents are required to prevent blockages. Curcumin acts as a natural blood thinner in certain conditions where it helps in preventing the clotting of blood.
- Helps in diabetes- Curcumin helps in sensitizing insulin and helps in lowering the glucose level. These properties in it may help in dealing with both type1 (do not produce insulin) and type 2 (do not respond to insulin) diabetes.
- High blood pressure- Turmeric is commonly used in stabilizing blood pressure and prevents hypertension linked to natural ageing. Ginger helps in improving blood pressure as it acts as a vasodilator which means it expands the blood vessels and is helpful in increasing the blood circulation in the body which further reduces the blood pressure. Ginger also contains potassium which also helps in lowering high blood pressure.
- Reduces pain- Ginger has been traditionally used to relieve pain including menstrual pain in women. Gingerol content in it is highly effective against muscle pain that is induced due to exercise. It does not show an immediate impact, but it may be effective at reducing the day-to-day progress of muscle pain. This effect is due to its anti-inflammatory properties that relieve the body from chronic body aches.
- Helps in indigestion- Chronic indigestion causes pain and discomfort in the upper region of the stomach and it is believed that delayed gastric emptying is the main reason for indigestion. Ginger helps in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is beneficial for those who are suffering from the condition of indigestion.
- Helps in dealing with nausea- Ginger, an ingredient in this blend is highly effective in dealing with nausea. It has been traditionally been used as a remedy for seasickness and other forms of motion sickness.
- Ease a cold or flu- It is often told that ginger, turmeric, black pepper helps in recovering from a cold or flu. These ingredients help in protecting the respiratory system. The anti-inflammatory gingerols, shogaols in ginger helps in relieving sore throat and removes viruses and bacteria that cause cold and flu.
Here are a few recipes that we have created using our very own Lakadong Gold:
Lakdong Gold Healthy Tea
- 1 teaspoon of Lakadong Gold
- A cup of water and a cup of milk
- 1/4th teaspoon of tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Add water and milk to a pot and heat it
- To this mixture add the tea leaves and bring them to a boil
- Add the Lakadong gold powder to it and mix it well
- Strain it in a cup and add honey for sweetness
- Enjoy this healthy tea at any time of the day
Lakadong Gold Tonic
- 1 teaspoon of Lakadong Gold
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 small cup of coconut water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- In a cup add a teaspoon of Lakadong gold
- A few drops of lemon juice and mix it well
- Add coconut water and honey to it
- Stir the mixture well
- It's ready to be enjoyed for a stronger immunity
Lakadong Gold Golden Milk
- 1 cup milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
- 1/4th teaspoon Lakadong Gold
- 1 teaspoon of honey for a sweet taste
- Take 1/4th teaspoon of Lakadong Gold or even more if you prefer a stronger flavour.
- Add it in a cup and if you like it sweet, you can add honey and mix it to form a smooth paste.
- Pour 250ml of warm milk over it and stir well.
- Enjoy it warm at any time of the day.
Lakadong Gold Milkshake
- 1 cup of milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoon Lakadong Gold
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- A few ice cubes
- Pour a cup of milk and water into a blender
- Add Lakadong Gold to it
- Followed with a tablespoon of cream and some vanilla extract
- Add some ice cubes to it along with a teaspoon of honey
- Blend it up for a few minutes
- Pour the milkshake into a glass
- Enjoy it cold. Perfect for the summers.
What Is the Shelf-life of Lakadong Gold?
Our Lakadong Gold can last for twelve months when properly stored. The powder does not get spoilt, but it will start to lose its potency with time and will not flavour or show its benefits as intended when it exceeds the period of twelve months.
How to Store Lakadong Gold?
To keep your Lakadong Gold fresh for a longer duration, store it away from direct sunlight, stoves, ovens, and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the blend to lose its flavour and strength.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
They r v good in quality.
Very nice blend
Zizira product is organic and quality one
The product is good for health
Good quality. Prices are bit expensive though quality is very good when compared to other
I m convinced of Zizira products after doing alot of reading on Meghalaya
Being from Meghalaya, always love to use products from the home state even living outside. Even gifted to friends and they too loved it the most. Has been using Turmeric regularly at home and have benifited a lot. Thanks a lot to each and evey member of Zizira.