✔ Known as Mustard Honey
✔ A good source of antioxidants
✔ Soothes Sore Throat
✔ Useful in Weight Management
What is Pyngkya Honey?
Zizira’s Pyngkya Honey is sourced from our trusted and ethical beekeeper, Kong Tharina Umsong, hailing from a small village called Pyngkya located in East Khasi Hills District, Meghalaya.
The special thing about this particular honey, although not a unifloral, is that it can be known as mustard honey, as the bees mostly feed on mustard flowers and few other wildflowers present in the vicinity.
Pyngkya Honey contains only pure raw honey collected directly from the beehives. It has not undergone any processing beyond filtering out the debris such as beeswax.
Zizira’s Pyngkya honey has a warm and refreshing flavour to it. It is also comparatively lighter in colour as compared to other honey.
Benefits of Pyngkya Honey
As with the other types of honey, this particular honey also contains quite a good amount of different nutrients and provides various health benefits for those who consume it regularly. These are a few health benefits of Pyngkya Honey:
- A good source of antioxidants: It contains many plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties: These properties in it helps in killing unwanted bacteria that enters the body. It contains a substance in it that acts as an antiseptic.
- Helps in healing wounds: Raw honey is effective in killing germs and aid in repairing tissues. It will enhance the healing time and lower the risk of infections.
- Soothes sore throat: It is an old remedy that helps in relieving sore throat. It also helps in suppressing cough.
- Treating diarrhoea: Raw honey helps in reducing the symptoms of diarrhoea as it soothes the effect of digestions. It will help in treating mild diarrhoea in both children and adults. It helps in nourishing the good bacteria that are present in the intestines which are not only beneficial for digestion but our overall health.
- Useful in weight management: Honey may help in burning out body fats even while sleeping. It will help in increasing the metabolism which in turn helps in reducing weight.
- Protecting the brain: Honey has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities in it that is beneficial for the brain. It protects it from damage caused by exposure to lead and some of the constituents in it also helps in fighting inflammation in the brain.
- Nutritious: Honey contains various nutrients in it that makes it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environments and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins in it. Honey also contains natural sugars which makes it a healthier option than sugar.
Whether you are preparing a garnish for your salads or toppings for your favourite cuisines, this honey is a seamless compliment. Whichever way you use it, it will surely tingle your taste buds and leaves you with a satisfying aftertaste.
Here are a few ways you can use your Pyngkya Honey:
- Add it to warm milk.
- Add it to your tea with a little lemon for ginger honey lemon tea.
What Is the Shelf-life of Pyngkya Honey?
Pyngkya honey does not have an expiry date, but the crystallization process can change the colour and taste of the honey which is a natural process that can easily be resolved. Burst some myths about raw honey.
Why Does Pure Raw Honey Undergo Crystallization Process?
If your honey bottle is solidified or has a creamy texture. It means you are witnessing a natural process called “Crystallization” which is perfectly normal for raw and pure honey.
It is a natural and uncontrolled process that happens when the glucose (or sugar content) in honey loses water and takes the form of crystals which is due to change in temperature. Other kinds of honey that are available in the market undergo a heating process known as pasteurization to maintain the consistency of the honey. This method can make it stay liquified for a long period, but it reduces the nutrients in it. So, observing a sign of crystallization in your honey indicates that it is not processed and is raw.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Sealing of both bottles were not proper. Due to that too much honey was found leaked out inside the packing and thus, wasted. It is very costly. I in fact got one bottle honey for a price of two. Hope you will react to it and compensate.
Hi BP Singh, We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused due to the leakage. Our customer support team will connect with you soon and assist you with this. Regards, Bikash, Team Zizira
Quality of the product and timely delivery.