✔ Authentic and Pure Wildflower Raw Honey from Meghalaya
✔ Multiflora honey - nectar collected by bees naturally from wild forest flowers
✔ Strengthens the immune system
Get Authentic and Pure Wildflower Raw Honey for Real Benefits!
Our premium pure wildflower raw honey is extracted, unblended, and cold-filtered to help preserve the natural proteins, vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals, and useful enzymes. Our hives are sited in carefully picked wildflower meadows during the summer months to ensure that the bees can produce the best raw honey in India.
The delightful complex flavour and aroma of our raw honey are left undisturbed as no artificial flavours are added to it. However, the taste and the composition of our wildflower honey will depend on the type of flower the nectar is originated from. Buy high quality and truly healthy raw honey online in India from Zizira at the most affordable price. If you are looking for the best raw honey brands in India, do not look beyond Zizira!
What is Multiflora Honey?
Multiflora honey is a mixture of honey obtained from different floral sources. It contains all the essential components like vitamins, minerals and natural enzymes in it. With every scoop of this honey, you are sure to discover subtle hints of multiple scents.
What is Special About Wildflower Honey?
Zizira’s Wildflower Honey is pure, natural, raw, and unprocessed. It has been tested free of artificial additives, colouring agents or preservative. Its colour & flavour depends directly on the source (wildflowers in this case) of the nectar.
Obtained from the traditional beekeepers of Meghalaya with years of indigenous knowledge, Zizira's pure wildflower honey (multiflora honey) is obtained from sun-soaked pollens and nectar collected by bees in the summer months.
The beekeepers plant the flowers that the bees love or place the hive in a habitat filled with wildflowers. Hence the flavour of this honey comes from the wildflowers growing naturally around the bee's nest.
Rainfall and micro-climate affect the flowers growing every season which gives the honey its unique identity. Our Wildflower honey is a clear reflection of the different seasons of Meghalaya which you will experience.
Local folks from Meghalaya love this honey for its delightful taste and for its multiple all-around uses.
Risks of consuming Raw Honey
Raw honey sometimes contains bacterial spores which can cause botulism poisoning that can lead to paralysis. But this condition is rare among older children and adults.
Due to this particular reason, raw honey should be avoided by infants below the age of 2, expecting and lactating mothers as well as elderly people.
Ingredients and Flavour
Zizira's Wildflower honey (multiflora honey) is pure and raw which is obtained from the sun-soaked pollen and nectar collected by bees in the summer months. It is directly sourced from different beekeepers of Thad village, Tynnai village, and Wahkhen village in Meghalaya. Wildflowers provide bees with an excellent source of both pollen and nectar.
Meghalaya is home to many floras, supplying pollen and nectar. The rainfall and cool climatic conditions also affect the flowers growing every season which gives the honey a unique identity.
Our honey is in pure and raw form which may undergo a crystallization process with time and with a change in temperature.
Flavour of Pure Wildflower Raw Honey
Derived from the nectar of different flowers, Zizira’s wildflower honey is raw and has a beautiful dark golden colour with a smooth consistency. It has a light, fruity and very rich flavour and you can taste a distinct floral undertone that lingers in your taste buds.
With the experience of the beekeepers, it is known that wildflower honey harvested during the late spring or early summers has a lighter colour and flavour whereas the one that is harvested in the late summers or early fall is darker and has a stronger flavour or taste. All this is due to the types of flowers that are available during the time the honey is made.
Wildflower honey just like any other honey varies from year to year. So, each time you receive a new jar of honey you will observe and experience a variation in its colour and flavour.
Benefits and Uses
Benefits of Pure Wildflower Raw honey
As with the other types of honey, wildflower honey also contains quite a good amount of different nutrients and provides various health benefits for those who consume it regularly. These are a few health benefits of wildflower honey.
- A good source of antioxidants - It contains many plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties - These properties in it helps in killing unwanted bacteria that enters the body. It contains a substance in it that acts as an antiseptic.
- Helps in healing wounds - Raw honey is effective in killing germs and aid in repairing tissues. It will enhance the healing time and lower the risk of infections.
- Soothes sore throat - It is an old remedy that helps in relieving sore throat. It also helps in suppressing cough.
- Treating diarrhoea - Raw honey helps in reducing the symptoms of diarrhoea as it soothes the effect of digestions. It will help in treating mild diarrhoea in both children and adults. It helps in nourishing the good bacteria that are present in the intestines which are not only beneficial for digestion but our overall health.
- Useful in weight management - Honey may help in burning out body fats even while sleeping. It will help in increasing the metabolism which in turn helps in reducing weight.
- Protecting the brain - Honey has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities in it that is beneficial for the brain. It protects it from damage caused by exposure to lead and some of the constituents in it also helps in fighting inflammation in the brain.
- Nutritious - Honey contains various nutrients in it that makes it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environments and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants and vitamins in it. Honey also contains natural sugars which makes it a healthier option than sugar.
- Increase athletic performance - Honey is good or is even better than glucose, sugar or water in boosting the energy of athletes. It helps in maintaining glycogen (helps in storing energy) levels and helps in improving recovery time as compared to other sweeteners.
- Honey is better than sugar for diabetics - Honey increases blood sugar levels less as compared to sugar and it may also lower inflammation, fat levels and bad cholesterol, it is possibly a healthier option for people with diabetes but it should still be consumed with caution.
Zizira's raw honey online is not just delicious but has plenty of healing properties. Pure wildflower raw honey offers many health benefits that other varieties are unable to provide, such as –
- Relief from seasonal allergies
- Strengthens the immune system
- Relief from upper respiratory infections
- Boost healing of wounds and reduce inspection
- Treat digestive issues like diarrhoea
- Soothes sore throats
- Stimulates metabolism and aids in weight loss
Health benefits of Honey
What Are the Many Uses of Wildflower Honey?
Whether you are preparing a garnish or topping a cheesecake, Zizira’s Wildflower honey is a seamless compliment. Whichever way you use this honey, it will tingle your taste buds.
Here are 10 ways you can use Wildflower Honey
- Honey citrus syrups for soothing sore throat and cold - Mix a tablespoon of honey and half a teaspoon of lemon juice together and consume it daily for soothing sore throat and cold.
- Ginger honey for stomach issues - Mix a tablespoon of honey with half a teaspoon of ginger powder or ginger juice together. You can add this to your teas or consume it directly to get relief from stomach issues.
- Honey as a moisturizer for cracked heels - Warm two tablespoons of honey and add one tablespoon of milk to it. Gently mix it and add 1 teaspoon of orange juice/lemon juice to it. Mix it properly and apply it on the affected area massaging it for a few minutes and leaving it for 45 minutes and rinse. Do this twice a day for better results.
- Honey and brown sugar for dry skin - The texture of brown sugar makes it ideal for the removal of dead skin. Mix 1 teaspoon of brown sugar with a tablespoon of honey along with a few drops of olive oil/coconut oil to it. Apply this mixture on your skin and gently massage for a few minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Honey and coconut water for sore muscles - Coconut water helps in dehydration which is the main reason for sore muscles. Adding a teaspoon of honey to it with a few drops of lemon juice will increase the effect of coconut juice and helps in overcoming dehydration.
- Honey and turmeric for oral ulcers - Mixing a teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder together and applying this mixture to sore gums may help in relieving it from pain.
- Honey mask for oily hair - This mask incorporates an egg yolk and a tablespoon of honey. Mix them together and apply this all over your hair from roots to tips. Leave it for 1 hour and rinse it with warm water.
- Honey spread - Snack it from the jar and use it as a spread on bread, buns or slices of cakes.
- Honey drizzle - Drizzle the honey over your favourite desserts and fruits.
- Honey as a sweetener - Add a teaspoon of honey as a natural sweetener in your favourite drinks such as juices, golden milk, coffee or teas.
The best raw honey in India from Zizira is versatile and can be enjoyed in many different ways. Apart from using it as a natural sweetener instead of sugar in milk, coffee, tea, and cakes, it can also be used as a dressing for your salad. You can even drizzle some over your sandwiches, pancakes, oatmeal, and many other recipes. It is also used in several skincare routines to improve the health of your skin. Irrespective of how you want to use our wildflower raw honey, you can be sure that it is in its purest and raw form.
Why Does Pure Raw Honey Undergo Crystallization Process?
If your honey bottle is solidified or has a creamy texture. It means you are witnessing a natural process called “Crystallization” which is perfectly normal for raw and pure honey.
It is a natural and uncontrolled process that happens when the glucose (or sugar content) in honey loses water and takes the form of crystals which is due to change in temperature. Other kinds of honey that are available in the market undergo a heating process known as pasteurization to maintain the consistency of the honey. This method can make it stay liquified for a long period, but it reduces the nutrients in it. So, observing a sign of crystallization in your honey indicates that it is not processed and is raw.
Phases of crystallization:
The different phases of crystallization of raw and pure honey at room temperature (20° C -22° C) are as follows.
Just after its filling - The honey has a warm, smooth and drippy consistency with a clear golden-brown colour.
After a week - The colour of the honey gets a little darker and its consistency becomes thick and sticky.
After two weeks - During the second week, the honey tends to attain a dull brown colour and becomes thick and this is when it starts crystallizing.
After 3 weeks - During the third week, you can actually see the signs of crystallization in your bottle. The colour of the honey becomes a lighter shade of brown with some white formation on it. The honey gets really thick with a semisolid texture.
After 4 weeks - You will really observe the difference during this week. The honey attains a light brown colour with some white tints. The texture becomes very thick, but you will still see some liquid in it.
After 6 weeks - During this phase, the honey turns into a creamy texture with an off-white colour. The consistency becomes extremely thick and it will not have a flow.
After 7 weeks - The honey becomes completely crystallized and will be buff coloured with a solid creamy texture. You will observe crystals like the formation of the natural sugars in it. A spoon will be needed to scoop it as this crystallized honey will not easily flow.
How to decrystallize honey?
To turn your crystallized honey into liquid again, a gentle heat technique is followed.
Boil water in a container and remove it from heat.
Place the jar of honey in it making sure the water does not reach the top of the jar.
The honey slowly liquefies. Repeat the process if the honey is still solidified.
The jar can also be kept under the sun until it liquefies.
Note: It is not recommended to microwave raw honey or to put it in direct heat as this may destroy some of its essential nutrients.
What Is the Shelf-life of Wildflower Honey?
Wildflower raw honey does not have an expiry date, but the crystallization process can change the colour and taste of the honey which is a natural process that can easily be resolved
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
It was a good product. I would love to buy again some other time.
Genuine Product Best service Value for money
Genuine product. Keep up the quality. Thank u zizra Team.
I have full faith in Zizira products
My experience wid Zizira is always amazing. Thanks to the whole team of Zizira for bringing the best honey at our doorstep. Would highly recommend Zizira’s honey instead of going for the honey which r in the racks of the supermarket adulterated with sugar syrup.
Everything excellent. Best quality and timely delivery
Good product. Very tasty. Part of my staple green tea.
Reliability of transaction, products, communication, updates and the personal touch. Thanks.