Delay Notice: In light of the current situation, your products might take a bit longer than usual to reach you as our courier partners are unable to deliver in some locations
✔ High Curcumin content: 12.32%
✔ Naturally grown by family farmers in Lakadong
✔ Ethically sourced through direct relationships
What is Lakadong Chyrmit?
Lakadong Chyrmit is the world's best turmeric that is grown in 'Lakadong,' located on the foothill of Jaintia Hills in Meghalaya. Unlike other varieties of turmeric, Lakadong turmeric powder contains 7-12.32% of curcumin, which is much higher than the 2-3% of the active ingredient that other turmeric varieties have. The higher content of curcumin in Lakadong Chyrmit from Meghalaya makes it more potent than other products. We are one of the few authentic Lakadong turmeric suppliers selling authentic turmeric at the best price online. If you are looking to buy turmeric powder online, make sure that you check the turmeric powder cost to ensure that you are purchasing only the original Lakadong turmeric powder.
What is the meaning of the name Lakadong Turmeric?
Long before Lakadong turmeric got its name, the golden-yellow spice used to be known as ‘Shangpung Turmeric’. Shangpung was among the most developed village and was a market hub. Farmers from different villages come to this market to sell their produces and they brought their turmeric along to be grounded, packed, and dispatched there. Hence, the name ‘Shangpung Turmeric’. Then eventually, farmers of Lakadong village realized the importance of the spice and started growing them in their gardens and everywhere in the village making it popularly known as Lakadong Chyrmit (turmeric).
What Are The Steps Taken by Zizira to Ensure the Quality of Lakadong Turmeric?
Zizira wants to ensure that the price you pay for each of our Lakadong turmeric products is worth it. Here is the list of things we follow to ensure that:
100% assured safe Zizira Lakadong Turmeric-We have taken a more critical measure towards our mission of providing safe, clean, and pure Lakadong Turmeric. Our turmeric undergoes quality control tests from SGS private limited who provides us with the test report to ensure us that it is free from pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
Zero Adulteration-To ensure that our customers receive a zero adulteration Lakadong Turmeric, we follow in-house processing which involves the following steps:
- Step 1. Freshly harvested Lakadong turmeric rhizomes are separated to remove dirt
- Step 2. Rhizomes are soaked in clean water for 10 minutes to loosen dirt
- Step 3. Then they are triple washed to ensure squeakier clean rhizomes
- Step 4. Cleaned rhizomes then go to food-grade containers to drain off excess water
- Step 5. The rhizomes are then moved to mechanized slicers for slicing
- Step 6. Turmeric slices are then placed in bamboo trays and moved to the drying chambers
- Step 7. We use the solar dryer for drying the turmeric. The temperature of the dryer is maintained between 50 degrees Celsius to 65 degrees Celsius. This process of drying kills unwanted pathogens
- Step 8. Dried slices which are now at zero moisture (using moisture meter) are fed to the mechanized grinder for the grinding and sieving process
- Step 9.Packed in airtight bio-degradable pouches along with food-grade oxygen absorbers and silica gel for longer shelf-life
What extra effort does Zizira take to ensure the high quality of Lakadong Turmeric?
Zizira goes the extra mile when it comes to ensuring the high quality of all our products. Some of them are:
- Knowing where our turmeric comes from-We deeply care about where our turmeric comes from. We only look for heirloom, non-GMO Lakadong Turmeric.
- Ingredient Evaluation- To provide the world's best turmeric, we select the best from the very people who grow them, who knows the difference between Lakadong turmeric and other varieties. We make the extra effort to partner with farmers from Jaintia Hills whose traditional farming practices emphasize quality and responsibility. We know our farmer partners and we share the same mission. We prioritize the long-term health of the land. The land of these farmers is free from pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides. They use traditional methods of farming: cow dung, manure, and vermicompost in their soil while cultivating Lakadong turmeric.
Quality assurance-We send the turmeric powder to the accredited testing house to rule out the presence of any kind of hazard. We must be sure the turmeric slices or powder that we offer our customer is no lesser than pure, high-curcumin Lakadong turmeric. We send test samples to ensure the turmeric is free from unwanted contaminants such as heavy metals, chemical fertilizers, insecticides, pesticides, and toxic chemicals. Only after getting the favourable test reports do we release our products to the shelves.
- Extra care when washing-At our in-house processing unit, the freshly harvested turmeric rhizomes are removed and the fingers separated. We do this to remove the soil stuck in between the fingers. The entire lot is then soaked in clean water for about 10 minutes to loosen soil and dirt particles. One batch after another then goes into a roller-drum washer for a thorough 7 to 10 minutes roll-washing under a jet of running water. At the end of that time, the turmeric fingers come out scrubbed and cleaned. But we are not yet done. The 3-basin washes are the next steps for the rhizome pieces to come out even squeakier clean, smooth, and shining, cleared of all physical dirt. The cleaned rhizomes then go to food-grade containers to drain off the extra water. Next, they are fed to a mechanized slicer for slicing. Even as we slice the rhizomes, we savour that wafting special aroma that can only belong to pure Lakadong. A deep golden yellow colour diffuses across the workroom; the aroma that now permeates the air is so distinctive and defining. There is no mistaking the scent of freshly harvested Lakadong, the world’s best turmeric.
- Drying chambers-We keep three types of driers in place to ensure we pass this critical point: solar dryer, gas dryer, and wood-burning dryer. All three are utilized as required to quicken the drying process so that all slices become devoid of moisture within 4 hours. That will rule out fungal and other microbial growth. Besides, the temperatures inside the drying chambers are well beyond 100°C, enough to eliminate any lurking pathogen. Within the next 48 hours, the slices will have to be fully dried.
Used for generations for multiple medicinal purposes, high curcumin Lakadong turmeric is fresh with a strong flavour and aroma that makes it one of the finest turmeric in the world and health watchers favourite.
Read more about the benefits of high curcumin turmeric.
Lakadong Chyrmit consists 100% purely of Lakadong Turmeric sourced straight from the farmers
What is Curcumin?
Well, Curcumin is a component that is present in all the different types of turmeric. It is responsible for giving turmeric its bright yellow colour along with its incredible medicinal properties. Curcumin content determines the value of turmeric. So, the higher the curcumin level the higher is its value.
- Over the years, Zizira has developed good relationships with ethical farmers who provide pure and high-quality products. The Zizira team travels to the most isolated and remote villages to source the best products.
- Zizira only sources from farmers who follow traditional practices without using chemicals such as pesticides and fertilizers.
- Zizira's Lakadong Turmeric is tested in FSSAI-approved labs to make sure it is not contaminated or adulterated after processing. We go the extra mile to make sure that our products are authentic and pure.
Flavour, Texture, and Appearance of Lakadong Chyrmit
High-curcumin Lakadong turmeric is a bright yellowish-orange in colour. It has a fresh strong earthy fragrance and a pleasant fruity aroma. Its subtle flavour also makes it one of the finest turmeric varieties in the world and the health watchers’ favourite.
Health Benefits of Lakadong Chyrmit from Meghalaya
The curcumin in Lakadong Chyrmit gives it the yellow colour, but it does more than that. It is a compound that is well-known for most of its health benefits.
- It is used as an anti-inflammatory ingredient in case of inflammation
- It is used to help in regulating blood pressure and for protecting against many age-related diseases
- It is known to improve endothelial function in people with Type-2 diabetes, reducing the risk of stroke or heart attack
- Its anti-inflammatory characteristic helps in preventing and maybe treating many cancer types
- It is used as an antidepressant to treat depression
- It is used for a number of skin conditions
- It helps the body fight the effects of free radicals and other environmental pollutants
Uses of Lakadong Chyrmit
The high curcumin level in Lakadong Chyrmit powder gives the powder a fresh, bright yellowish-orange colour. The strong earthy and pleasant fruity aroma makes it the miracle spice for those looking to add something extra to their dishes and for health watchers. It is used in a variety of Indian curries and for marinating meat and fish. Many people add it to their milk to yield the many health benefits it has to offer.
10 Ways You Can Use Lakadong Chyrmit today!
- Golden milk: Infuse turmeric in boiling milk along with other spices like cinnamon, black pepper to extract the goodness of curcumin in the turmeric. Black pepper helps the body to absorb curcumin better.
- Golden honey: Turmeric is used to avoid certain sicknesses like the flu and cold. Mix turmeric powder and raw honey for a perfect Golden Honey remedy.
- Heal bruises: If you have a black eye, bruises or swelling apply a very basic turmeric paste to your eye. Notice a big difference within an hour, especially a reduction in the swelling.
- Create your own Turmeric Tea for healthy tea: Add 1tsp of Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp of Black pepper powder to a cup of boiling water. 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 slices of raw ginger, and cinnamon for flavour. Stir them together and enjoy your cup of turmeric tea.
- Turmeric cake: If you love baking, you should try baking turmeric cake. It is a simple and delicious cake to bake especially if you are a vegan. You should try this out and surprise yourself. Make turmeric leaf cakes by steaming rice with grated coconut, rice, and jaggery wrapped in turmeric leaves.
- Face mask: Use organic turmeric paste to fight pimples and breakouts. Regular use can also clear acne, scars, and inflammation. It is a great exfoliator and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
- Soaps and shampoos: Turmeric soap can be interesting to make. You can add turmeric and other natural ingredients like calendula, coconut, lemongrass, amla, and others. These are beneficial for the hair and cleanses your skin.
- Toothpaste for teeth whitening: Stop looking for that branded product and head straight to the pantry and find an ingredient that whitens teeth naturally.
- First aid for pets: Organic turmeric is useful to cure your pets of sickness. If you love your pets and they need medical attention for cuts or gastrointestinal disorders, feed them with this medicinal spice. It will cure your pet before you reach the vet.
- Pests repellent: Turmeric is a favourite food for us, but ants and other pests hate it. They avoid totter around it. To repel pests, especially ants, simply sprinkle turmeric powder around the corner, or anywhere near the ant traces.
What Is the Shelf-life of Lakadong Turmeric?
Zizira Lakadong turmeric can last for twelve months if it is properly stored. The powder does not get spoilt, but it will start to lose its potency with time and the flavour or show its benefits will not be as strong as intended.
How to Store Lakadong Turmeric?
Here are a few simple steps to follow in order to keep your Lakadong Turmeric fresh for a longer duration.
- Store the turmeric in an airtight container and remember to close the lid of the container tightly as soon as you finish using it.
- Before storing the spice in airtight containers, make sure the turmeric, as well as the bottle, is thoroughly dried because the presence of moisture will cause the turmeric powder to develop moulds.
- Coloured bottles are a better option to store the turmeric as it protects it from direct sunlight. If you are using clear bottles, remember to store them in closed cabinets or wall racks which do not receive direct sunlight.
- Store it away from stoves, ovens, windows, and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the spice to lose its strength.
- Avoid storing it in plastic containers for a long time as this may absorb the smell of the plastic which is not very healthy.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
The quality was excellent. And I received my order promptly. Thank you
Just purity is most important thats why we are experienced and maintained good humunity lockdong turmeric one of the priest really we appreciate your quality
I like your natural products
Quality product and efficient service delivery.
Able to experience the purity and aroma. Nice quality product.
I'm having it since a week .It's good. Glad I purchased it.
I am using with A2 milk every day since two year I am aged 60 even though I got Corona last April but luckily I am mild because of using zizira turmeric powder with milk . every day so o saved my life through this turmeric with milk only because percent purity and good immunity in body so great experience I got from this zizira turmeric powder great thanks on behalf of my family