Lakadong Turmeric Health Benefits
The amazing health benefits of the Lakadong turmeric lies in its bioactive components like curcuminoids, polysaccharides, and other essential oils. Some of the key benefits include –
It helps lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol in the body
It boosts the immune system and fights off diseases
It helps reduce the risk of some kinds of cancer
It boosts memory and promotes a healthy brain
It helps reduce the symptoms of skin disorders
It slows down the ageing process and helps prevent age-related diseases
It helps reduce sore throat and reduce inflammation
How to use Lakadong Turmeric?
- Zizira's Lakadong turmeric is suitable for everyday cooking to add colour and flavour to a variety of dishes.
- It is added to vegetables, lentils, rice, and baked dishes.
- It is also one of the ingredients added to marinades for chicken, tofu, red meat, and fish.
- It also adds flavours to soups and stews.
- You can also add it to your beverages such as milk, tea, smoothies, and others to reap its benefits.
Here are 10 ways to use Lakadong Turmeric
- Create your own Turmeric Tea for healthy tea: Add 1tsp of Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp of Black pepper powder to a cup of boiling water. 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 slices of raw ginger, and cinnamon for flavour. Stir them together and enjoy your cup of turmeric tea.
- Toothpaste for teeth whitening: Stop looking for that branded product and head straight to the pantry and find an ingredient that whitens teeth naturally.
- Face mask: Use organic turmeric paste to fight pimples and breakouts. Regular use can also clear acne, scars, and inflammation. It is a great exfoliator and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
- Soaps and shampoos: Turmeric soap can be interesting to make. You can add turmeric and other natural ingredients like calendula, coconut, lemongrass, amla, and others. These are beneficial for the hair and cleanses your skin.
- Heal bruises: If you have a black eye, bruises or swelling apply a very basic turmeric paste to your eye. Notice a big difference within an hour, especially a reduction in the swelling.
- Pests repellent: Turmeric is a favourite food for us, but ants and other pests hate it. They avoid totter around it. To repel pests, especially ants, simply sprinkle turmeric powder around the corner, or anywhere near the ant traces.
- Golden milk: Infuse turmeric in boiling milk along with other spices like cinnamon, black pepper to extract the goodness of curcumin in the turmeric. Black pepper helps the body to absorb curcumin better.
- Golden honey: Turmeric is used to avoid certain sicknesses like the flu and cold. Mix turmeric powder and raw honey for a perfect Golden Honey remedy.
- Turmeric cake: If you love baking, you should try baking turmeric cake. It is a simple and delicious cake to bake especially if you are a vegan. You should try this out and surprise yourself. Make turmeric leaf cakes by steaming rice with grated coconut, rice, and jaggery wrapped in turmeric leaves.
- First aid for pets: Organic turmeric is useful to cure your pets of sickness. If you love your pets and they need medical attention for cuts or gastrointestinal disorders, feed them with this medicinal spice. It will cure your pet before you reach the vet.