The stinging nettle plant offers a wide spectrum of health benefits. Here are some of them:
- It can help in lowering blood sugar levels.
- It can help control the symptoms of hay fever and allergies.
- It has diuretic properties which enables it to be used as a flush to clear up the urinary tract.
- It is a revitalizing herb that is used to maintain the health and vitality of bones, nerves and kidneys.
- Nettle is high in B vitamins that are essential for mental health, a well-balanced nervous system and a well-functioning metabolism.
- It contains Vitamin B5 and Vitamin C which help form the brain chemical serotonin which promotes a calm mood and deep sleep.
- It is an excellent source of minerals like calcium in iron, potassium, silicon, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and chromium.
- Nettle supports healthy prostate health.
- Nettle can help in treating liver problems.