A recipe you must try
Turmeric Lemon Cake
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Lakadong Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour loaf pans. You may also line the bottom with parchment paper, if desired.
- Combine 2 cups granulated sugar and eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes and add the lemon zest.
- In one bowl add all the powdered ingredients baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine lemon juice, the buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- When the cakes are done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
A place where tasty recipes meets healthy living, Ju’s Kitchen is the place for all things food.
Ju’s Kitchen is a space where every day ingredients take the forefront, and exciting recipes are born. From local favourites to fresh new ideas, Ju’s Kitchen is curated to embrace all cultures from across the country.
What is Ju’s Kitchen?
Headed by Juban, our innovative and creative team member, Ju’s Kitchen is birthed from the idea of creating an online space where simple and healthy recipes are transformed into favourite dishes that one can whip up in no time.
The core idea of Ju’s Kitchen seeks to break away from the conventional claim that ‘healthy food can never be as good or as tasty’. And here’s where Ju’s Kitchen comes into the picture. When creativity meets healthy food choices, anything is possible and that includes healthy recipes as well!
What’s in store?
Ju’s Kitchen was also created to showcase the amazing and unique ingredients that Meghalaya has to offer. How they are used, and which recipes absolutely compliments these ingredients is what Ju’s Kitchen is all about.
Better yet, Ju’s Kitchen is not limited to only Meghalaya’s recipes. Ju’s take on classic pan Indian recipes with a healthy twist is also one of the perks of this series.
From shakes to cakes, to soups and salad, smoothies and tea, and so much more! Ju’s Kitchen is packed with amazing recipes that you can try out today!
Most of the ingredients used in the recipes are readily available and easy to find. And what’s more, you can even buy some if not all of Zizira’s ingredients so that you can start your journey towards a fun and healthy lifestyle filled with tasty and simple recipes.
So, its time to get your cook on!
© 2020 Zizira – We are based in Shillong, Meghalaya