More on Zizira Natural Garcinia Pedunculata (Amlavet) -Dried
One bite into it and you can be sure to screw up your eyes and feel this very strong and intense sourness spread throughout your mouth! It is a wild fruit endemic to Meghalaya. Garcinia pedunculata is a wild fruit found in the foothills of Himalaya and distributed along the foothills of Himalayas and Northeast states of India. The fruit contains 20.1 % of organic acid called hydroxy citric acid (HCA). It is believed that this compound helps in reducing weight. It has also been known to boost your immune system as well as ensuring digestive health.
It is also believed to have the following health benefits:
- It can help with kidney and gall bladder stones
- Good for the stomach – addresses gastric issues
- Good for the liver
- Helps with arthritis, rheumatic pain
- Having it on a regular basis helps maintain good health.
- Helps even with headaches and diarrhea
- Helps reduce excess fat in the body
Uses: You can add Garcinia pedunculata pieces while brewing tea. Eat it raw or cooked. Add it to curries for a sour flavor. Sohdanei is also used to enhance the tangy flavor while fermenting bamboo shoots. It is widely popular in Assam as a souring agent added to the fish curry.