More on Zizira Proso Millets |Wild Corn Kernels from Meghalaya
Zizira Proso Millets is a rich source of protein and niacin (Vitamin B3). It is gluten-free and has a significantly high amount of carbohydrates and fatty acids. It also contains essential minerals which are necessary for the well-being of the body.
It can be added to a variety of dishes, its nutty flavor works well in salads or stir fried with vegetables and paneer. You can also eat these corns for breakfast with some milk and honey.
How to use Zizira Proso Millets |Wild Corn Kernels from Meghalaya
Here is an easy to make mint and paneer proso millet recipe.
Ingredients required: ½ cup Zizira Proso millets, ½ cup mint leaves, 1 cup coriander leaves, 8-10 garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon of garlic paste, 6 pieces of green chilli, ½ cup paneer, 1 whole onion (chopped), 1 cinnamon stick, 1 ½ tablespoon of oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 ½ cup of water.
- Wash ½ cup of proso millets. Now take freshly drawn water in a pressure cooker, add the millets and salt. Bring it to heat until the pressure cooker whistles. 1 whistle at high flame and 2 whistles in low flame (approx. 10 minutes)
- Now prepare the green chutney. Make a fine consistent texture of coriander, mint leaves, green chillies, garlic, ginger using a blender. Transfer the contents into a bowl.
- Chopped the paneer into small cubes. Now take 3 cups of water and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the chopped paneer, cook for 2 minutes. Drain the water and transfer the cooked paneer in a clean bowl. (this makes the paneer softer and tasty)
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the cinnamon bark and sauté for 1 minute. Now add the chopped onions and sauté until transparent.
- Keep the flame low. Now add the green chutney into the pan. Stir it and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Throw in the cooked paneer and mix it well. Then add the proso millet and mix it all together. Keep it for 3 minutes.
- Serve it hot.