More on Zizira Sticky Glutinous Rice from Garo Hills
Enjoy the rich nutty flavor and delicate texture of Minil. It is a short grain rice also known as glutinous rice due to the presence of a starch compound called amylopectin which makes it sticky. Remember, it is gluten free! Use it and enjoy the full-flavored natural taste of Minil from the Pristine hills of Meghalaya
The Garo sticky rice is cultivated using traditional methods of farming for healthy produce. Zizira sources the sticky rice directly from the green fields of Meghalaya and structuring its accessibility to all parts of India.
- The Minil is cultivated using years of traditional method of farming in the lush green fields of Meghalaya.
- The sticky rice has a sweet flavor and delicious aroma. It has high fibre content and contributes for a healthy diet.
- It is very starchy and gluten free. Provides glucose to fuel the brain, liver and muscle function.
- It is a good source of selenium to stimulate antioxidant production naturally. It also contains vitamins that boost your metabolism.
- It has a consistent binding quality and can be used to make Asian cuisines and savory desserts. It also works as a soup and gravy thickener.
- The Garo tribe of Meghalaya enjoy snacks called Pita, Sakkin and Jakep made from ground Minil.
- You can simply boil or steam it like any ordinary rice and eat it as staple.