More on Zizira Unpolished Sticky Black Rice
Sticky black rice is rich in minerals, high in dietary fiber and has antioxidant properties. It has a natural sweetness which is why it is used for creating mouth watery savory dishes. The unusual color makes black rice very popular for exotic desserts. It is perfect with a poached egg, griddled chicken breasts, or a bright green leafy salad.
- Zizira Sticky Black Rice has an uneven black colored bran layer that gives it the extravagant or exotic look alongside the nutrient rich nutty flavor.
- Sourced directly from the traditional farmers of Northeast India’s Meghalaya. The farmers growing black sticky rice have been practicing traditional farming methods which have been passed down for generations and is free from the usage of any chemical based fertilizers and pesticides.
- Zizira Black Sticky Rice is un-milled and therefore far more nutritious than the commonly available milled rice where the bran layer is completely removed.
- The bran layer of black sticky rice is said to have a high anti-oxidant level. Adding to this sticky black rice is also believed to help protect heart health, improve digestive health and can help detoxify body.
- You can simply steam or simmer it like any common rice and enjoy it as a staple.