Delay Notice: In light of the current situation, your products might take a bit longer than usual to reach you as our courier partners are unable to deliver in some locations
✔ Zizira Lakadong Turmeric – The Healthiest Go-To-Spice in the Market
✔ Higher Curcumin level (7-9%) than ordinary turmeric (2-3%)
✔ Sourced directly from family farms, without going through middlemen or distributors
✔ Delivered directly to your doorstep, anywhere in India.
Turmeric powder, called ‘Haldi’ in Hindi, is one of the essential ingredients in any Indian kitchen. No Indian dish is complete without the use of turmeric powder. Zizira brings you the purest and the freshest Lakadong turmeric, known for its high curcumin content. It is directly sourced from a place called Lakadong on the foothills of Jaintia in Meghalaya. The high curcumin level in Zizira Lakadong turmeric powder ranging from 6-9% greatly enhances its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Zizira is the leading Lakadong turmeric supplier in India, offering freshly grounded Lakadong root without any added colour, flavours, or chemicals that are commonly added to inexpensive turmeric found in the market. The bright yellowish-orange colour of Zizira's Lakadong turmeric online along with its distinct earthy flavour of turmeric will make you want to replace your daily turmeric with this healthier version. Check out Zizira's affordable turmeric powder 100g price or the bulk price that will only be an added bonus! You can even offset the Lakadong turmeric price as you only need a little amount of Lakadong turmeric to get the same colour and taste as ordinary turmeric.
What’s Special About Lakadong Turmeric?
- The high altitude, cool climate, abundant rain, the quality of the soil, the ancient variety of turmeric, and traditional farming methods.
- Lakadong Turmeric is known for its medicinal qualities. The Curcumin content in Lakadong Turmeric is between 6 to 9% (last tested in 2019), which is one of the highest, as against a mere 2 to 3% in most varieties of turmeric.
- Despite many of its clones, Lakadong Turmeric's uniqueness has never been usurped.
People Call It the Miracle Spice
Used for generations for multiple medicinal purposes, high curcumin Lakadong turmeric is fresh with a strong flavour and aroma that makes it one of the finest turmeric varieties in the world, and health watchers’ favourite.
Zizira Lakadong Turmeric consists of 100% pure, unadulterated Lakadong turmeric powder sourced from Lakadong, Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya.
Flavour – What does Lakadong Turmeric taste like?
Lakadong turmeric is bright yellowish-orange in colour. It is fresh with a strong earthy and subtle flavour filled with a pleasant fruity aroma that makes it one of the finest turmeric varieties in the world.
Lakadong Turmeric Health Benefits
The amazing health benefits of the Lakadong turmeric lies in its bioactive components like curcuminoids, polysaccharides, and other essential oils. Some of the key benefits include –
It helps lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol in the body
It boosts the immune system and fights off diseases
It helps reduce the risk of some kinds of cancer
It boosts memory and promotes a healthy brain
It helps reduce the symptoms of skin disorders
It slows down the ageing process and helps prevent age-related diseases
It helps reduce sore throat and reduce inflammation
How to use Lakadong Turmeric?
- Zizira's Lakadong turmeric is suitable for everyday cooking to add colour and flavour to a variety of dishes.
- It is added to vegetables, lentils, rice, and baked dishes.
- It is also one of the ingredients added to marinades for chicken, tofu, red meat, and fish.
- It also adds flavours to soups and stews.
- You can also add it to your beverages such as milk, tea, smoothies, and others to reap its benefits.
Here are 10 ways to use Lakadong Turmeric
- Create your own Turmeric Tea for healthy tea: Add 1tsp of Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp of Black pepper powder to a cup of boiling water. 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 slices of raw ginger, and cinnamon for flavour. Stir them together and enjoy your cup of turmeric tea.
- Toothpaste for teeth whitening: Stop looking for that branded product and head straight to the pantry and find an ingredient that whitens teeth naturally.
- Face mask: Use organic turmeric paste to fight pimples and breakouts. Regular use can also clear acne, scars, and inflammation. It is a great exfoliator and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
- Soaps and shampoos: Turmeric soap can be interesting to make. You can add turmeric and other natural ingredients like calendula, coconut, lemongrass, amla, and others. These are beneficial for the hair and cleanses your skin.
- Heal bruises: If you have a black eye, bruises or swelling apply a very basic turmeric paste to your eye. Notice a big difference within an hour, especially a reduction in the swelling.
- Pests repellent: Turmeric is a favourite food for us, but ants and other pests hate it. They avoid totter around it. To repel pests, especially ants, simply sprinkle turmeric powder around the corner, or anywhere near the ant traces.
- Golden milk: Infuse turmeric in boiling milk along with other spices like cinnamon, black pepper to extract the goodness of curcumin in the turmeric. Black pepper helps the body to absorb curcumin better.
- Golden honey: Turmeric is used to avoid certain sicknesses like the flu and cold. Mix turmeric powder and raw honey for a perfect Golden Honey remedy.
- Turmeric cake: If you love baking, you should try baking turmeric cake. It is a simple and delicious cake to bake especially if you are a vegan. You should try this out and surprise yourself. Make turmeric leaf cakes by steaming rice with grated coconut, rice, and jaggery wrapped in turmeric leaves.
- First aid for pets: Organic turmeric is useful to cure your pets of sickness. If you love your pets and they need medical attention for cuts or gastrointestinal disorders, feed them with this medicinal spice. It will cure your pet before you reach the vet.
How to Store Lakadong Turmeric Powder?
To keep your Lakadong Turmeric Powder fresh for a longer duration, store it away from direct sunlight, stoves, ovens, and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the blend to lose its flavour and strength.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Longdong turmeric Very high quality, excellent product, value for money, u can buy it blindly Price I haven’t compared
Healthy and Pure
I bought the turmeric. Got high percentage of curcumin. Good for diabetes and is also an antioxidant.
Yet to use it more...
Pure and non adulterated, maintaining the original aroma and taste of turmeric
USED IT AND FOUND IT TO BE GOOD
we had purchased this item before and love it thanks