Delay Notice: In light of the current situation, your products might take a bit longer than usual to reach you as our courier partners are unable to deliver in some locations
Not Sold Separately. Only available through the Meghalaya Spice Basket
About Black Cardamom Powder
Black cardamom, also known as badi elaichi or kali elaichi, is a very popular spice that is found mostly in every Indian kitchen. Although its name suggests being black, the pods are often dark brown to chestnut brown in colour. This spice has always been loved by chefs for its bold and smoky flavour that it gives to savoury dishes.
The intense aroma and flavour of this spice have put it in the warming spice category along with black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, and cumin seeds combined together forming a very famous Indian spice mix- “Garam Masala”.
Zizira’s black cardamom is naturally and traditionally grown by our farmer partners from Meghalaya who have put in the effort to provide you with high-quality spices that you can use in your daily cooking.Note: This product is brought to you from the farms, unprocessed, and in its purest form.
What Is the Shelf-life of Black Cardamom?
The whole Black cardamom can stay at its best quality for about 1 year if it is properly stored in airtight containers. The spice does not get spoilt, but it will start to lose its potency over time and will not flavour food as it is intended.
Black cardamom is rich in aromatic fragrances and it also contains a wide range of health benefits that can do wonders to the body.
- Aids in stomach health- Consumption of black cardamom helps in dealing with many digestive disorders such as gas and bloating as it helps in producing stomach juices that improve digestion. It also helps in improving appetite.
- Helps in respiratory problems- Black cardamom may help in respiratory disorders such as asthma, congestion, sore throat, and cough. It may help in relieving the symptoms as it keeps the flow of mucous normal throughout the respiratory tract.
- Helps in detoxifying the body- The presence of minerals in it helps in purifying the body and the presence of vitamin C helps in improving blood circulation throughout the body.
- Protect against infections- The seeds of black cardamom are antiseptic and antibacterial which helps to fight against infections which further helps in boosting the immune system.
- Keeps oral health in check- Oral health issue s such as cavities, bad breath, and bleeding gums can be overcome by chewing black cardamom seeds. The aromatic oils that are present in the seeds of black cardamom are beneficial for oral health.
How to use Black Cardamom?
- For use in your daily dish
Crush few Pods of black cardamom and put them into your dish during cooking to enhance and intensify the taste of other ingredients. It has a nice flavour and aroma that stimulates the taste buds when used in your daily food like dal and rice.
- As a mouth freshener
Take a few ground pieces of black cardamom and chew them after taking your daily meals to get rid of the bad breath.
- Garam Masala Recipe
- Black cardamom- 20gm
- Cinnamon sticks- 20gm
- Cloves- 10gm
- Cumin seeds- 20gm
- Black pepper seeds- 20 gm
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame. It would take about 2 minutes to heat up.
- Add all raw spices to the pan and roast them for about 5 minutes on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the stove. Mix well.
- Keep aside the roasted spices for 10 minutes to cool down to room temperature.
- Once they cool down, Grind the whole/raw spices together in a grinder to a smooth powder.
- After grinding, sieve the Masala powder to remove the leftover threads of Cardamom as they will not taste good in the mouth when eating the dish.
- The Garam masala is ready to use and can be preserved for about 6 months in an airtight container.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.