Based on the different colors of the seed coat, sesame seeds are divided into white sesame, black sesame, and yellow sesame, of which white sesame and black sesame seeds are the most common.
Black sesame seeds impart a slightly more intense flavor which is strong and nutty with a crunch to it.
These seeds are known to be nutritious with high protein, low oil, and high melanin and are very versatile when it comes to their culinary uses.
Health Benefits of Black Sesame Seeds?
Black sesame seeds are an excellent source of nutrients that supports health. Here are some of the health benefits of black sesame seeds.
- Rich in antioxidants - Black sesame seeds are rich in antioxidants and other healthy plant compounds.
- Good for digestion - The seeds are rich in omega-3 oils that the intestines lubricated and helps deal with constipation. The seeds are also rich in fiber content and hence, improves bowel movement.
- Aids in lactation - The seeds are rich in calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, B vitamins, unsaturated fats, and protein that helps in promoting lactation in nursing mothers.
- May help with stabilizing blood pressure - The seeds are rich in magnesium which helps in preventing high blood pressure. Sesamin, present in the seed oil helps in keeping the level of blood pressure in check.
- For stronger and healthier bones - The calcium content in the seeds helps in keeping the bones strong whereas the high content of zinc in it strengthening the bones and improves bone density.
- May promote healthy hair and skin - The seed contains many nutrients such as iron, zinc, fatty acids, antioxidants that are known to help promote healthy skin and hair. The iron and B vitamins in the seeds help fight age-related symptoms such as poor eyesight and grey hair.
Here are some ways you can use black sesame seeds
- Dry roast the seeds lightly under a low flame for a few minutes. The flavor of these seeds gets enhanced on roasting. Sprinkle these roasted seeds over salad, sandwich, stir-fried food items, or baked goods.
- Roasted or unroasted seeds can be mixed with yogurt or smoothies to give them that nutty flavor.
- Black sesame seed laddu
- 1 cup jaggery
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 1 cup black sesame
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Grated coconut for garnish
- In a pan, add jaggery, water and let it melt. Add black sesame, ghee and mix it well.
- Grease a plate with ghee. Add the sesame mixture and let it cool down.
- Apply water on the palm and make a laddu of the mixture. Garnish with grated coconut and serve.
- 2 tbsp ghee
What is the shelf-life of Black sesame?
Black sesame seeds can last for about 1-2 years if the seeds are properly stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry area as this will avoid the seeds from turning rancid.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- shipping speed
- product quality
because we use it very often
Quality is main criteria for this rating
1 product quality 2 shipping speed
Very good quality
The Zizira team were very prompt in responding to my query on availability of the products I wanted and ensured that I recieve the product.
Hi Dr.Leena, Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Happy we are of service to you, we endeavour to provide speedy service Thank you for letting us know that you received your product. Do let us know your feedback when you try the product. Thank you for choosing Zizira. - Juban (Team Zizira)