✔ A higher concentration of beneficial plant compounds: gingerol and zingiberene compared to regular ginger varieties
✔ Rich in antioxidants, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-nausea properties
✔ Helps improve digestion, relieves congestion and cold, relieve pain, treats bad breath, etc.
✔ Directly sourced from local farmers, naturally grown, minimally processed, and free of chemicals and pesticides
We’re all familiar with ginger but have you heard of Ing Makhir Ginger?
It’s a special species of ginger that grows in Meghalaya.
What’s special about Ing Makhir Ginger is that it has a high amount of zingiberene and gingerol which makes it super strong and flavourful.
Its strong flavour and aroma give it many uses outside of the kitchen and it has been revered as a medicinal herb in Meghalaya for centuries.
We've never come across any ginger variety that's as strong as this one and we sure you haven't either!
Ing Makhir is a variety of ginger native to Meghalaya that is highly valued for its strong medicinal properties as compared to the common ginger root. Ing Makhir contains zingiberene, an essential oil that contributes its strong distinct flavour.
An age-old tradition of the Khasis used a herbal formulation comprising of Ing Makhir ginger and other herbs to treat an ailment found in new-borns or infants known as “Niangsohpet” (‘Niang’ means germs and ‘sohpet’ means navel in the Khasi dialect).
This ancient folk remedy contains a mixture of various herbs which also include Ing Makhir as an effective ingredient.
Though Ing Makhir is utilized and valued for its uses in medicine, the rhizome is also used to make one of Meghalaya’s most famous ethnic side dishes- Tungrymbai which is a popular fermented soybean chutney.
Compared to your regular varieties of ginger, Ing Makhir is superior in terms of potency, flavour, and health benefits. Here are some of the special attributes of Meghalaya’s Ing Makhir Powder:
- Strong and pungent flavour and aroma
- A higher concentration of beneficial plant compounds: gingerol, and zingiberene
- Rich in antioxidants; it has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-nausea properties
- Helps improve digestion, relieves congestion and cold, relieve pain, reduces bad breath, etc.
- Directly sourced from local farmers, naturally grown, minimally processed, and free of chemicals and pesticides
Ing Makhir is loaded with a number of nutrients and bioactive compounds that are responsible for numerous health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of Ing Makhir ginger:
- It can help treat and reduce nausea symptoms
- It can help reduce muscle pain and soreness
- It has anti-inflammatory effects
- It may help in lowering blood pressure
- It has antibacterial properties
- It can be an effective blood-sugar regulator
- It can help in treating chronic indigestion
- It can help ease cold and flu symptoms
- It has immune-boosting properties
- It is effective in improving digestion and known to relieve pain and discomfort in the stomach
- Scientific research proves that it can help in lowering cholesterol and control high blood sugar in the body
- It facilitates weight loss; curbing hunger, burning the stored fat in the body, and processing glucose faster
- It helps to reduce inflammation in the body caused by injury and offers relief from swollen joints
- It can benefit women who suffer from menstrual pain and help reduce pain and cramps effectively
- It enhances brain function and can help protect the brain against age-related diseases such as Alzheimer's
This ginger is an effective aromatic ingredient in the kitchen for curries, marinades, stews, and more. The strong and flavourful taste of the ginger makes it perfect for a variety of dishes from vegetables, meats, pickles, stews, curries, soups, and even baked goods. Here are a few ways to use Ing Makhir ginger:
- One teaspoon of grated Ing Makhir ginger can be added and boiled with your tea for flavour as well as for its benefits.
- ½ a teaspoon of the grated fresh gingercan be taken with honey before bedtime. This can also be a remedy to help in relieving cold and cough in both children and adults.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.