What is Valerian Root?
Valerian is a medicinal herb derived from the roots and underground stem of the Valeriana Jatamansi plant that is mostly found in Asia and Europe. The roots of this plant have long been used in traditional medicine for over 2,000 years due to its calming properties that help soothe the nervous system and an active mind. Our Valerian tea uses only the finest blend of pure valerian tea root, lemongrass, bay leaf, and Lakadong turmeric. Valerian tea in India from Zizira offers you a delicious and soothing way to unwind after a long day.
Valerian root, known to be one of the stress-relieving herbs among many is one of the ingredients in our sleep tea blend.
Many of our friends and customers have shared with us about the problems they have in falling asleep or having a rested sleep, therefore we have come up with this natural aid that includes valerian and other herbs that are known to help you deal with sleeping problems but keep your entire body calm and relaxed.
The Ingredients present in Valerian Sleep Tea are:
- Valerian root
- Bay leaf
- Lemongrass, and
- Lakadong Turmeric
Our Valerian tea consists of several useful compounds such as valerenic acid, isovaleric acid, and many different antioxidants that are great for your body. The top benefits of Valerian tea include –
- Valerian tea root is a natural sedative that helps reduce anxiety and stress
- It may help in treating insomnia and promotes good sleep
- Helps eliminate the feeling of depression by calming the nerves
- Relieves headaches, migraines, and muscle pain
- Improve memory performance and increase focus in adults
- Stimulate muscle function in the stomach and result in normal bowel movements
- Boosts your immune system and helps the body fight infections
Drinking Valerian Sleep Tea can give several Health Benefits such as:
- It can help induce sleep. It may reduce the amount of time it takes to fall asleep or help you experience a more rested sleep.
- It can help increase antioxidant capacity
- Helps improve digestive health
- Helps in reducing menopausal symptoms
- Relieves pain and inflammation
Disclaimer: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Not intended for use by individuals below the age of 18 years.
- Not recommended for use by expecting and lactating mothers.
- Consult a doctor before use if you have any medical condition or taking any medications.
- If any adverse effects occur, immediately stop using the product.
Flavour: What does Valerian Sleep Tea taste like?
The presence of Valerian roots gives the tea a woodsy flavour along with a sharp, pungent, bitter taste from the bay leaves. The tea blend also offers a citrusy and lemony flavour from the lemongrass.
Beautiful light and clear drink with a tint of yellow from the turmeric adds beautiful colour to it. Overall, this tea will keep you relaxed and calm due to the pleasant and soothing aroma and flavour it imparts.
The lively flavour of our herbal tea infusion can be brought to life using the following steps –
- Measure the desired portion of Valerian tea
- In a pot, put in one cup of water and let it boil. Once the water starts to boil, turn off the flame and pour the herbal tea into it for seeping
- Cover the pot and wait for 10 minutes
- You may add a small amount of lemon or honey for sweetness
- Enjoy the freshly brewed tea immediately for maximum benefit
For best effect, drink 2-3 cups of valerian tea in a day with the last one about 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime.
How to use Valerian Sleep Tea?
- Take 1/2 tsp. of the tea blend and add it to a cup or pot.
- Add approximately 150 ml (1 cup) of hot water to it and steep it for 5-10 minutes. If you prefer boiling then boil it for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the tea or you can also use it along with the herbs.
- Add honey for sweetness (optional).
- Drink this tea at least ½ -1 hour before sleeping.
- You can enjoy this tea on alternate days.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Valerian tea
Excellent experience all good
This tea is fanstastic. I took it to Kerela where my brothers also tried this tea. We all loved the tea so much that we stopped having the normal tea now. I will order more for me and my brothers. The after taste and effect is superb. Thanks Zizira.
Received your valerian tea its awesome taste very refreshing and delicious.
When I came across Zizira, I wasn't expecting much! Because, I have had tried multiple brands that claimed everything and more and was always disappointed. But, when I went through Zizira's page, the mission and vision totally impressed me. The team is great! whenever I checked on the status, they patentily explained me whole process and explained how products are made in small batches for the quality purpose and gave me a tentitive delivery date inspite of lockdown and other climatic challenges we all are going through. the products got deliveries, starting from quality of packaging material to all the products amazed me. Valerian tea has done wonders for me someone with sleep disorder for more than a decade. and other products are nothing less. I have been benefited by the products in a way I cannot put in words. took me 2 weeks to see the difference. I want to acknowledge and appreciate all the efforts Zizira team put to make the world a better place one farmer, one consumer at a time :)
The taste was very yummy and the quality of the product is good and even the smell (aroma) was very pleasent
I had ordered valerian root powder, forest honey and lakadyong turmeric powder. I was so excited to have found your website! Just imagine having honey directly from Meghalaya! It's a dream come true!! We are having the valerian root powder as tea for the past month and benefited immensely from it. It has become our pre bed ritual. Thank you for making these products available for customers like us! And on a side note, I have visited Meghalaya and loved the experience. Would definitely visit again and mnaybe come and meet you all! All the very best!
I have purchased this for my father who had sleeping problems but after using this valerian tea for sometime, it does show its effect. It is very effective. Thanks