Presenting you Zizira Wholesome Gift Basket that comprises three of the exquisite products from the pristine lands of Meghalaya – Lakadong turmeric, Mawsynram honey, and bird’s eye chilli. Each of these products not only possesses commendable culinary benefits, but also come with great health-aiding attributes as well.
Lakadong Turmeric – This variant of turmeric is native to ‘Lakadong’, in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya, and is widely celebrated across the globe for its health benefits. This is a rich source of curcumin, 7 to 12% to be specific, thus, is considered a powerhouse of nutrients, and a potent health-aiding spice. Zizira turmeric powder has a shelf life of 1 year if stored under appropriate conditions. However, its potency may decline over time. Used for generations for multiple medicinal purposes, high curcumin Lakadong turmeric is bright yellowish-orange in colour, fresh with strong earthy and subtly flavour filled with a pleasant fruity aroma that makes it one of the finest turmerics in the world and health watchers’ favourite.
Mawsynram Honey – This honey variant from Zizira is native to the dense forests of Mawsynram, Meghalaya. Natural honey compared to the commercial variants is a rich source of antioxidants, antifungal, antibacterial properties, and thus is a potent remedy for several health complications. Obtained from the traditional beekeepers of Meghalaya with years of indigenous knowledge, Zizira's pure Mawsynram Honey is obtained from sun-soaked pollen and nectar collected by bees during summers and winters.
Bird’s Eye Chilli – Bird’s Eye Chilli, referred to as ‘sohmynken khnai’ in the local Khasi language, and grown organically widely in Meghalaya, has been a key kitchen ingredient to spice up your delicacies. Also known as Thai Pepper, this spice from Zizira makes the list of the worlds’ hottest chillies. This chilli is hot and pungent. It uplifts the delicacy of a dish by adding a certain zing, colour, and flavour to it. Bird’s eye chilli is high in Capsaicin which is responsible for its primary taste. The shelf-life of dry chillies does not get much affected by time. Whole chillies and chilli flakes are more durable, retaining good flavours for up to twelve months if they are properly stored.
Avail of this exquisite Zizira combo pack for an enriching experience that goes beyond culinary space!
Health benefits of Lakadong Turmeric
Our Lakadong Turmeric has the maximum curcumin level and with it comes maximum health benefits. Some of its health benefits are as follows:
- Helps in reducing inflammation - Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound that helps the body to fight against foreign substances. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, whatever substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. Curcumin is one of them and is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that can fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Increase antioxidant capacity - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from a substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Curcumin will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
- May protect against Heart diseases - Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing various type of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing it from forming.
- May help ease the symptoms of severe joint pains (arthritis) - Due to its potent anti-inflammatory activity, curcumin may be a safe and an effective option for preventing osteoarthritis (swelling of joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation in the lining of joints, especially in hands and fingers).
- Aids in weight loss - Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin helps by stabilizing metabolism and manages the weight. It controls the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues.
- A natural blood thinner - At times, there are some health conditions where blood-thinning agents are required to prevent blockages. Curcumin acts as a natural blood thinner in certain conditions where it helps in preventing the clotting of blood.
- May help in diabetes - Curcumin helps in sensitizing insulin and helps in lowering the glucose level. These properties in it may help in dealing with both type1 (do not produce insulin) and type 2 (do not respond to insulin) diabetes.
- May help in high blood pressure - Turmeric is commonly used in stabilizing the blood pressure and prevents hypertension linked to natural ageing.
Health benefits of honey
These are a few health benefits of honey.
- A good source of antioxidants - It contains many plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties - These properties in it helps in killing unwanted bacteria that enters the body. It contains a substance in it that acts as an antiseptic.
- Helps in healing wounds - Raw honey is effective in killing germs and aid in repairing tissues. It will enhance the healing time and lower risk of infections.
- Soothes sore throat - It is an old remedy that helps in relieving sore throat. It also helps in suppressing cough.
- Treating diarrhoea - Raw honey helps in reducing the symptoms of diarrhoea as it soothes the effect of digestions. It will help in treating mild diarrhoea in both children and adults. It helps in nourishing the good bacteria that are present in the intestines which are not only beneficial for digestion but our overall health.
- Useful in weight management - Honey may help in burning out body fats even while sleeping. It will help in increasing the metabolism which in turn helps in reducing weight.
- Protecting the brain - Honey has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities in it that is beneficial for the brain. It protects it from damage caused by exposure to lead and some of the constituents in it also helps in fighting inflammation in the brain.
- Nutritious - Honey contains various nutrients in it that makes it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environments and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins in it. Honey also contains natural sugars which makes it a healthier option than sugar.
- Increase athletic performance - Honey is good or is even better than glucose, sugar, or water in boosting the energy of athletes. It is a great source of carbohydrates and sugar and it helps in maintaining glycogen (helps in storing energy) levels and improves recovery time as compared to other sweeteners.
- Honey is better than sugar for diabetics - Honey increases blood sugar levels less as compared to sugar and it may also lower inflammation, fat levels and bad cholesterol, it is possibly a healthier option for people with diabetes but it should still be consumed with caution.
Health Benefits of Birds Eye Chilli:
Capsaicin is a chemical compound that helps to heal stomach ulcers and indigestion. It helps in controlling flatulence. Bird’s eye chilli also keeps blood pressure and cholesterol level in check. There are traditional remedies for arthritis pain which use a bird’s eye chilli. Eating this chilli increases the metabolism rate and hence helps in weight-loss. It is also used to treat bruises and swelling by some people.
Hot Chilli Peppers are known to have the following health benefits.
- Helps in losing weight: Hot peppers contain Capsaicin which can speed up metabolism and help the body burn calories faster. This is because Capsaicin increases your body temperature and contributes to an increase in your heart rate. Furthermore, studies have shown that people who eat spicy foods eat smaller portions which can reduce their calories intake.
- Good for heart: Known to help to improve heart health by improving the body’s ability to dissolve blood clots. Research has shown that low-density cholesterol (LDL or bad cholesterol) resisted oxidation for a longer period of time (which can clog your arteries) when chilli was added to the diet, thus reducing the heart stroke risk. The capsaicin in peppers also fights inflammation, which has been identified as a risk factor for heart disease. Additionally, statistics show that cultures that eat spicy foods frequently have a much lower rate of heart attack and stroke.
- Improved circulation: Can promote good circulation, and they appear to lower blood pressure. Your body’s temperature is raised; therefore, it increases your blood flow and gets your heart pumping. Peppers help strengthen the blood vessel walls as they are high in vitamin A and C.
- Improved digestion: Spices also improve your digestion because they increase the hydrochloric secretion of your stomach. This, in turn, will increase blood flow to the stomach and even increase the mucous lining. Capsaicin also helps to kill bacteria like H. pylori and help to prevent or cure stomach ulcers.
- Cold and flu: Capsaicin promotes sweating and eases the discomfort of cold and flu symptoms. It also helps to open up the nasal passages. It may also reduce sinusitis and other flu symptoms.
- Improved Sleep Pattern: Researchers have found that people who regularly consumed spicy meals fell asleep more easily. They also woke up easier and had more energy throughout the day.
- Mood lifter: Chili peppers boost the level of endorphins and serotonin that dulls pain and give us a feeling of well being. It can act as a depression fighter and a powerful stress reliever.
- Improves breathing: Hot peppers act as an expectorant, therefore they can help people with asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, sinusitis, and other respiratory conditions breathe easier. Hot peppers can help you to breathe better by opening up clogged nasal passages.
Here are the 10 ways you can use Lakadong Turmeric
- Golden milk: Infuse turmeric in boiling milk along with other spices like cinnamon, black pepper to extract the goodness of curcumin in the turmeric. Black pepper helps the body to absorb curcumin better.
- Golden honey: Turmeric is used to avoid certain sicknesses like the flu and cold. Mix turmeric powder and raw honey for a perfect Golden Honey remedy.
- Heal bruises: If you have a black eye, bruises or swelling apply a very basic turmeric paste to your eye. Notice a big difference within an hour, especially a reduction in the swelling.
- Create your own Turmeric Tea for healthy tea: Add 1tsp of Turmeric powder, 1tsp of Black pepper powder to a cup of boiling water. 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 slices of raw ginger and cinnamon for flavour. Stir them together and enjoy your cup of turmeric tea.
- Turmeric cake: If you love baking, you should try baking turmeric cake. It is a simple and delicious cake to bake especially if you are a vegan. You should try this out and surprise yourself. Make turmeric leaf cakes by steaming rice with grated coconut, rice and jaggery wrapped in turmeric leaves.
- Face mask: Use organic turmeric paste to fight pimples and breakouts. Regular use can also clear acne, scars and inflammation. It is a great exfoliator and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
- Soaps and shampoos: Turmeric soap can be interesting to make. You can add turmeric and other natural ingredients like calendula, coconut, lemongrass, amla and others. These are beneficial for the hair and cleanses your skin.
- Toothpaste for teeth whitening: Stop looking for that branded product and head straight to the pantry and find an ingredient that whitens teeth naturally.
- First aid for pets: Organic turmeric is useful to cure your pets of sickness. If you love your pets and they need medical attention for cuts or gastrointestinal disorder, feed them with this medicinal spice. It will cure your pet before you reach the vet.
- Pests repellent: Turmeric is a favourite food for us, but ants and other pests hate it. They avoid totter around it. To repel pests, especially ants, simply sprinkle turmeric powder around the corner, or anywhere near the ant traces.
Here Are 10 Ways You Can Use Honey
- Honey citrus syrups for soothing sore throat and cold - Mix a tablespoon of honey and half a teaspoon of lemon juice together and consume it daily for soothing sore throat and cold.
- Ginger honey for stomach issues - Mix a tablespoon of honey with half a teaspoon of ginger powder or ginger juice together. You can add this to your teas or consume it directly to get relief from stomach issues.
- Honey as a moisturizer for cracked heels - Warm two tablespoons of honey and add one tablespoon of milk to it. Gently mix it and add 1 teaspoon of orange juice/lemon juice to it. Mix it properly and apply it on the affected area massaging it for a few minutes and leaving it for 45 minutes and rinse. Do this twice a day for better results.
- Honey and brown sugar for dry skin - The texture of brown sugar makes it ideal for the removal of dead skin. Mix 1 teaspoon of brown sugar with a tablespoon of honey along with a few drops of olive oil/coconut oil to it. Apply this mixture on your skin and gently massage for a few minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Honey and coconut water for sore muscles - Coconut water helps in dehydration which is the main reason for sore muscles. Adding a teaspoon of honey to it with a few drops of lemon juice will increase the effect of coconut juice and helps in overcoming dehydration.
- Honey and turmeric for oral ulcers - Mixing a teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder together and applying this mixture to sore gums may help in relieving it from pain.
- Honey mask for oily hair - This mask incorporates an egg yolk and a tablespoon of honey. Mix them together and apply this all over your hair from roots to tips. Leave it for 1 hour and rinse it with warm water.
- Honey spread - Snack it from the jar and use it as a spread on bread, buns, or slices of cakes. It is an awesome pair for baking your favourite cakes substituting your sugar with it.
- Honey drizzle - Drizzle the honey over your favourite desserts and fruits. It will give your oatmeal that extra sweetness needed along with a whole bunch of healthy goodness.
- Honey as a sweetener - Add a teaspoon of honey as a natural sweetener in your favourite drinks such as juices, golden milk, coffee, or teas.
How Will You Use the Bird’s Eye Chill
Bird’s eye chilli powder can be used for any curry-based dishes and give them a hot spicy punch
- Make your buttermilk more interesting by adding finely chopped chilli pieces to it
- North-East style pickle –Preserve the chillies in Mustard oil and experience the taste of pickle getting better each day for years
Chicken salad recipe
- 1 cup green leafy vegetables (Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, coriander etc.)
- 1 bowl of chopped boiled French beans
- 1 cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup chopped onion or chives
- 1 tablespoon of bird’s eye chilli flakes
- 1 cup of mashed potato
- 1 cup of chicken shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt to taste
- Start by making your very own homemade mashed potato. Place the peeled potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover them. Bring the water to boil, cover the lid and cook for 20 mins. Check if the potatoes are soft and break apart easily when pressed with a fork. Drain the water and let the potatoes cool. Mash with a potato masher until there are no lumps and the texture is smooth and soft.
- Blanch fresh green beans by taking a large saucepan of boiling water. Add the beans and cook for 4 minutes or until the beans are crisp and tender. Cut them into small pieces.
- Take another saucepan with 2 cups of water and add the chicken breast into it. Bring it to boil. Cook on medium heat; simmer until the chicken meat is no longer pink. Allow the chicken to cool, place in a bowl and shred the meat using a fork.
- Now you can add vegetables of your choice. But, for this unique chicken salad recipe, cut a handful of capsicum and onions or chives. Take a chunk of green leafy vegetables – for this, you can use lettuce, spinach, cabbage and coriander – and roughly chop them.
- Add chilli flakes to it. You can always reduce the quantity according to your palate for spiciness and heat.
- For the dressing – mix vigorously a tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
- Toss the salad till the dressing and the ingredients are mixed well and serve fresh. Try out this easy recipe. Unleash your creativity in choosing what goes into the salad and its dressing. Innovate and enjoy every crunch!
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Their Honey and turmeric is the best
I had ordered a combo pack of turmeric, honey and birds eye chilli powder. Am more than happy with all the products, especially the packing. A minimum quantity is sufficient for the desired flavour.Will surely order more once we've consumed all the products.
The confidence of consuming pure and unadulterated stuff is further reinforced after perusing the process of selection and preparation is explained by Zizira. Keep up the good work of supplying pure herbs.
Since i m often ordering zizira products and like to much so this was for one of our close friends
Hi Ramji, This is awesome! Thank you for being our valued customer. We are so grateful for the pleasure of serving you and we would like to thank you for all the love and support. -Risa (Team Zizira)
Honey and turmeric are WOW
Must say packaging is bomb and the turmeric smells so good. The honey is delicious