Black pepper is more than just a kitchen staple but is used medicinally in ancient medicines. It has active component piperine which does all the magic!
It is responsible for all the health benefits that it provides and is also an essential component that enhances curcumin absorption and activates it up to 2,000%. It works by supporting the gastrointestinal tract and the immune system.
Black pepper from Meghalaya is sourced from framers from a slightly warmer part of the region. Black pepper is a household spice in Indian houses that have been used for generations as a seasoning as well as for traditional healing. It has several good nutrients and vitamins.
Note: This product is brought to you from the farms, unprocessed, and in its purest form.
There is a distinct and a certain earthiness to the flavour of black pepper.
A taste that is woody, piney, and sharp all at the same time.
Black pepper also has a unique pungent taste. In northeast India it is also used to spice up pickles and preserves, giving them a distinctive aroma and flavour.
Over the years, we have developed good relationships with ethical farmers who provide us with pure and great quality products.
Our team travels to the most isolated and remote villages to source the best ingredients.
Health Benefits of Black Pepper
- Helps in reducing inflammation - Black pepper has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help the body fight against foreign substances. It contains phytonutrients that may help in reducing cell damage and also prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. Piperine is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that can suppress inflammation and fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Increase antioxidant capacity - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from a substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Piperine along with polyphenols in Black Pepper will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Piperine along with other components in it can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing the various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in black pepper help in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
- Improves digestion - Black pepper helps in stimulating the digestive juices and enzymes and enhances digestion. Research has suggested that black pepper has a positive effect on pancreatic enzymes which benefits the overall digestive process. It has carminative properties and helps relieve stomach gas and flatulence.
How to Store Black Pepper?
Here are a few simple steps to follow in order to keep your Black pepper fresh for a longer duration.
- Store it in an airtight container and remember to close the lid of the container tightly as soon as you finish using it.
- Before storing the spikes in airtight containers, make sure the fruits, as well as the bottle, are thoroughly dried because the presence of moisture will cause the fruits to develop molds.
- Coloured bottles are a better option to store the fruits as it protects it from direct sunlight. If you are using clear bottles, remember to store them in closed cabinets or wall racks which do not receive direct sunlight.
- Store it away from stoves, ovens, windows and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the fruits to lose their strength and volatile content.
What Is the Shelf-life of Black pepper?
Our Black pepper can last for twelve months if it is properly stored. The fruits do not get spoilt, but they will start to lose their potency with time and will not flavour or show their benefits as intended.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Nice products. For home use
good for health in future you will some offer for our
i have used and liked it. its pure!!
Excellent product. Ordered turmeric
Pepper has very good flavour. I use it with raw honey for my throat and blood purification.
Thanks your black pepper is really good
It's the ideal pepper which i have been looking for
There is different flavour all together in the peppercorns.