*These baskets are handcrafted by local artisans and therefore take more time to be made.
The Zizira Essentials Pack is a trio of our best-selling products. From the high curcumin Lakadong Turmeric, the aromatic Ing Makhir Ginger, to the flavourful wildflower honey, these classic ingredients showcase the unique treasures that Meghalaya has to offer. Packed in a classic bamboo basket made by artisans from Meghalaya, take home a piece of Meghalaya's finest with the Zizira Essentials Pack.
Lakadong Turmeric Powder (50g)
Lakadong Turmeric is a special variety of turmeric from the Lakadong villages in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya, and undeniably, Zizira's best-selling product. It is known for its medicinal qualities, as the Curcumin content in it is between 7 to 9% (last tested in 2021), which is one of the highest, as against 2 to 3% in most varieties of turmeric.
Ing Makhir Ginger Powder (30g)
Ing Makhir Ginger is a special variety of ginger that has high amounts of zingiberene and gingerol which makes it super potent. Its strong flavour and aroma give it many uses outside of the kitchen and it has been revered as a medicinal herb in Meghalaya for centuries.
Raw Wildflower Honey (150g)
Our premium pure wildflower raw honey is extracted, unblended, and cold-filtered to help preserve the natural proteins, vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals, and useful enzymes. Our hives are sited in carefully picked wildflower meadows during the summer months to ensure that the bees can produce the best raw honey.
Ingredients and Flavour
Zizira Lakadong Turmeric consists of pure, unadulterated Lakadong turmeric powder sourced from Lakadong, Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya. Lakadong turmeric is bright yellowish-orange in colour. It is fresh with a strong warm flavour filled with a pleasant earthy aroma that makes it one of the finest turmeric varieties in the world.
Ing Makhir Ginger
Zizira’s Ing Makhir Ginger is a pale yellow coloured powder with a very strong taste and a hot aromatic flavour. The chemical compounds, 6-shogaol, zingiberene, and zingerone make the ginger hot and peppery. Rich in vitamin C and magnesium, this ginger variety has many health benefits.
Derived from the nectar of different flowers, Zizira’s wildflower honey is raw and has a beautiful dark golden colour with a smooth consistency. It has a light, fruity and rich flavour with a distinct floral undertone that lingers in your taste buds.
Wildflower honey just like any other honey varies from year to year. So, each time you receive a new jar of honey you will observe and experience a variation in its colour and flavour.
Lakadong Turmeric Health Benefits
The amazing health benefits of the Lakadong turmeric lie in its bioactive components like curcuminoids, polysaccharides, and other essential oils. Some of the key benefits include –
- It can help lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol in the body
- It can boost the immune system and ward off diseases
- It may help reduce the risk of certain kinds of cancer
- It may boost memory and promote a healthy brain
- It can help reduce the symptoms of some skin disorders
- It may slow down the ageing process and help prevent age-related diseases
- It can help reduce sore throat and reduce inflammation
Ing Makhir Ginger Health Benefits
As a potent ginger variety, Ing Makhir is loaded with a number of nutrients and bioactive compounds that are responsible for numerous health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of Ing Makhir ginger:
- It can help treat and reduce nausea symptoms
- It can help reduce muscle pain and soreness
- It has anti-inflammatory effects
- It may help in lowering blood pressure
- It has antibacterial properties
- It can be an effective blood-sugar regulator
- It can help in treating chronic indigestion
- It can help ease cold and flu symptoms
- It has immune-boosting properties
- It is effective in improving digestion and known to relieve pain and discomfort in the stomach
Wildflower Honey Health Benefits
Zizira's raw honey online is not just delicious but has plenty of healing properties. Pure wildflower raw honey offers many health benefits that other varieties are unable to provide, such as –
- It can bring relief from seasonal allergies
- It can help strengthen the immune system
- It can provide relief from upper respiratory infections
- It can help boost healing of wounds and reduce infection
- It can help treat digestive issues like diarrhoea
- It may help soothe sore throats
- It may stimulate metabolism and aid in weight loss
Where Do the Ingredients Come From?
The ingredients that make up this combo are naturally and ethically grown by our trusted farmer partners from Meghalaya who refrain from using chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
Each ingredient is carefully sourced from different parts of Meghalaya from these trusted farmer partners so that you don't have to worry about the origin and the quality of the raw materials used in the products.