Ginger is one of the most loved spices in Indian kitchens that comes with tremendous health benefits. This spice with its origin in South East Asia is renowned as one of the healthiest spices on the planet earth. It is rich in properties like antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, and much more.
Ginger, basically the rhizome of the plant, can be used in a whole, dried, or ground form to transform delicacies and avail of the greatest health benefits. However, to reap its maximum benefits, the ginger powder must be consumed in its purest, raw, and unadulterated form.
If you are planning to buy ginger powder online, Zizira is your go-to option! We bring to you dry ginger powder derived from naturally-grown ginger in the traditional farms of Meghalaya. It has a pale yellow colour with a strong and tangy flavour. Team Zizira sources ginger from the farmers in the remote villages in Meghalaya, industrially yet untouched. By eliminating the scope for middlemen in the supply chain, adhering to food safety, and stringent quality testing guidelines, we make sure only pure, chemical and pesticide-free ginger reaches all our customers' doorstep. We have partnered with farmers from Ri Bhoi District to bring you this spice that you can use to transform your daily cooking.
Our ginger powder is known to have a shelf life of twelve months when stored under appropriate conditions. However, it may lose its potency, flavour, and aroma over time.
Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger powder benefits have been widely recognized since ancient times and they are still relevant. Gingerol, the natural oil found in ginger, is essentially responsible for its plethora of medicinal attributes. Potent with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, ginger has found immense usage in traditional and alternative medicine as well.
Are you aware of the numerous ginger powder uses? This highly potent spice can be leveraged in whole, dried or ground form in daily consumption to reap its maximum benefits. Ginger powder tea is your ultimate solution if you have been experiencing nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, seasickness. Besides, it can lend you a helping hand if you are on your quest of optimal weight management. It also helps relieve body pain, and manage blood sugar levels efficiently.
If you are not an avid fan of tea, then you can opt to consume the juice of ginger. Ginger juice is deemed beneficial for improving digestion, keeping the symptoms of cough, cold, and sore throat at bay, preventing bad breath, and controlling hypertension. It may also help in reducing acne, pimples, breakouts on the skin as well as untimely hair loss.
Lemon-honey-ginger tea comes with a triple punch - combined benefits of three super ingredients. This can help in your weight loss regimen, detoxification, and enhancing cognitive functionality.
Here are some of the key ginger powder benefits.
- May help treat many forms of nausea - Ginger powder appears to be highly effective against nausea especially morning sickness. It has traditionally been used in alleviating seasickness and may also relieve nausea and vomiting after surgery as well as in patients undergoing chemotherapy. Studies have suggested a dose of 1- 1.5 grams of ginger per day to help prevent various types of nausea.
- May help reduce muscle pain and soreness - Research studies cite that a daily intake of two grams of ginger can reduce muscle pain induced due to exercise. Studies even suggest that ginger tends to reduce the production of different chemical substances that promotes joint pain. It also contains some chemical substances like salicylates which the body converts to salicylic acid that helps in preventing the nerves from making certain prostaglandins (responsible for controlling processes like inflammation) and this further helps in relieving pain and discomfort.
- Anti-inflammatory effects - Studies have suggested that gingerol, shogaol, and paradol in dried ginger powder impact certain inflammatory processes at a cellular level. They are rich in anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, and antioxidant properties and analgesic activity, which helps in reducing pain resulting from an exercise-induced injury.
- It may help in lowering blood pressure - High blood pressure is a very common symptom and when left untreated, it may lead to damage of the arteries, and other major organs like the heart, brain, kidney as well eyes. Ginger is one natural ingredient that helps in improving blood pressure by acting as a vasodilator, which means it helps expand the blood vessels. This further helps in improving the circulation in the body reducing the overall blood pressure. It also contains an important mineral-potassium that has been proven to be helpful in lowering blood pressure.
- Antibacterial properties - It has been found that ginger powder has effective antibacterial properties and is thus considered effective in the treatment of a host of microbial diseases such as Bacillus and E. coli. It also helps to inhibit the growth of pathogens that contribute to inflammation of the gums causing gum bacteria.
- Blood-sugar regulator - Diabetes is one of the most common diseases affecting a wide range of people and Type 2 diabetes accounts for about 90% of diabetes diagnoses. Studies cite that ginger powder is known to control the surge in blood sugar levels and help in overall health and well-being.
- Reduces Menstrual Pains - Menstrual pain can be extremely painful. There are many medications available that are dedicated to this pain, but ginger is one natural ingredient that can provide relief from it. The gingerol content in ginger has been traditionally used in alleviating this pain.
- Helps in treating chronic indigestion - Chronic digestion is also known as dyspepsia, which is characterized by repetitive pain and discomfort in the upper part of the abdomen. The main cause for indigestion is the delay in emptying of the stomach. Ginger has the amazing power to help in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is highly beneficial for people who are suffering from indigestion and other stomach discomforts.
- May lower the risk of rare diseases - Ginger has a cell-protecting property that helps in lowering the long-term risk of various rare diseases. It acts by reducing the cellular activity that causes the changes in DNA, cell death, and multiplication of cancer cells. It may also help in sensitizing tumours for treatments like chemotherapy and radiation. Although it may not cure any chronic disease but using it regularly may help in benefiting the overall health.
- Ease cold and flu - It is an old age tradition of using dried ginger powder to help recover from a cold and flu. It helps in protecting the respiratory system and improves recovery time. The compounds in ginger help in killing the viruses and bacteria that cause common colds and flu. It helps in stimulating the immune system and reduces the incidences of sore throat, providing relief from symptoms.
How to use Ginger powder?
You can use Zizira ginger powder in your daily cooking to add a touch of tanginess to your delicacies and enhance their aroma, and flavour. Here are a few ginger powder uses:
- One teaspoon of ginger powder can alter the flavour, and aroma of your dish altogether. Apart from its culinary attributes, it is known to be rich in health-aiding properties.
- ½ a teaspoon of the dried ginger powder and you are sorted for an early morning or late afternoon tea time
- ½ a teaspoon of ginger powder when taken in combination with pure, raw honey before bedtime is known to help in relieving cold and cough. It is considered effective for children and adults alike.
These are a few ways of how Zizira ensures the purity of all products:
We term it responsible because we work directly with the farmers who are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and this is where we emphasize purity and quality. And we are responsible for only working with farmers who practice sustainable farming methods.
Knowing where the ingredients come from:
Zizira deeply cares about where every ingredient comes from. Over the years, the Zizira team has been able to build relationships with the ethical farmers and beekeepers of Meghalaya and Zizira gives importance to providing pure and safe products to customers like you.
Evaluation of ingredients:
To provide you with the best products, Zizira selects the absolute best quality ingredients. The Zizira team as well as farmer partners share the same mission of prioritizing the long-term health of the land. The land is free from all unwanted artificial additives such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and insecticides resulting in safe and pure ingredients.
All of Zizira's Products are Processed in-house in locations across Northeast India under the direct responsibility of Zizira
In the processing of food, several hazards can creep in. Zizira does not take chances with any kind of hazard – physical, chemical, or biological. Zizira takes every precaution to control them at every critical point in our food processing facilities. That is done with every new harvest of each and every ingredient that is used.
Credible, Safe, and Wholesome:
Zizira follows a similar process for all products. Credible, high standard quality maintenance without excuses. Zizira chooses whom to work with, partner with, to serve you in a way that makes a difference. Zizira’s continued effort and diligent work will contribute to your health, as well as to the prosperity of the farmers as they revive and regenerate traditional farming practices.
Payment & Security
- ginger powder
- process support
Very authentic, fresh and aromatic
Excellent Natural Immunity bossters
innocent Meghalaya, authentic products
The purest form of products
Hi Nitasha, Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are glad to know that you loved all our products. Keep sharing your experiences. Regards, Bikash - Team Zizira
For obvious reasons. It really is good !! Thank you
I loved the freshness of ginger. Very authentic
Hi Shubhra Bagchi, Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. This is pure and naturally grown ginger and yes, as soon as you open the packet, you can feel the freshness of Meghalaya . Regards, Bikash -Team Zizira
Great products and even more so your communication