✔ With its natural and pure ingredients containing organically grown Haldi, Lakadong Ker will help you relax and have a good night's sleep.
✔ Lakadong Turmeric Powder when mixed with milk will soothe your stomach and keep stomach problems away.
✔ For those who don't drink milk, you can add the blend to a cup of water and drink it as turmeric ginger tea.
✔ Our Golden Milk blend is EXACTLY the same.
NOTE: We have changed the labels on the bottle because we wanted to improve our customer’s experience.
Lakadong Ker – a golden milk blend from Zizira is a perfect natural golden milk or haldi doodh that can be enjoyed all year-round and is a perfect drink to relish before bedtime to get a good night's sleep. It comes with the goodness of a rich array of health-aiding ingredients. The Lakadong turmeric, ginger, black cardamom, long pepper, and black pepper are the key ingredients that enable the exquisite flavour of this Ker.
Zizira golden milk has a strong flavour with a hint of pungency from ginger. Perfect golden milk is a must-have in every household. This blend will transform your simple milk into a beautiful yet extremely beneficial health drink that has strong flavours, and the feeling that accompanies it is exceptionally satisfying. To retain its potency for longer, it is advised to be kept away from direct sunlight, stoves, ovens.
Zizira is your one-stop destination to buy Lakadong golden milk or haldi doodh! You are assured to get premium-quality, only pure, organically-grown, and eco-responsibly sourced products at your doorstep at an unbeatable price!
Ingredients and Flavour
What are the ingredients in Lakadong Ker?
Lakadong ker is a combination of amazing ingredients that are directly and traditionally sourced from our farmers.
It consists of our very own Lakadong turmeric, Ginger, Black cardamom, Long pepper, and Black pepper.
Lakadong Turmeric - Lakadong Turmeric is a special variety of turmeric from a place called ‘Lakadong’, in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya. It is known for its medicinal qualities as the Curcumin content in it is between 7 to 9%, which is one of the highest, as against 2 to 3% in most varieties of turmeric. Curcumin in it is responsible for its bright yellowish-orange colour along with its incredible medicinal properties. This component also determines its value. So, the higher the curcumin level the higher the value.
Ginger - Ginger is one of the healthiest spices in the world. Renowned for its taste elevating properties and is a must-have in Asian cooking. It is loaded with essential nutrients and bioactive components that have powerful benefits for the body. People have been using ginger for cooking as well as medicines since ancient times. The unique fragrance and flavour of this spice come from its natural oils, gingerol. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound that is responsible for many of its medicinal properties. It provides powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects and is a popular home remedy for nausea, stomach disorders, and various other health issues.
Black Cardamom - It is the bigger version of the green cardamoms and is commonly known as Badi elaichi or Kali elaichi. Because of its distinct smoky aroma and flavour, black cardamom is often used as a substitute for green cardamoms. The pods have a slightly minty aroma due to their volatile content and are often used as a mouth freshener. Every Indian household uses this spice to flavour biryanis and other Indian cuisines. Along with flavour, it has also been traditionally utilized to treat various ailments.
Black pepper - Known as the king of spice as it is widely loved and extensively used by people all over the world. Black pepper’s signature aroma emanates from the berries of the tropical Piper nigrum vine, one among the thousand species of the Piperaceae family. Black pepper is more than just a kitchen staple but is used medicinally in ancient medicines. It has active component piperine which does all the magic! It is responsible for all the health benefits that it provides and it works by supporting the gastrointestinal tract and the immune system.
Long pepper - Piper longum is a popular spice of Meghalaya. It is known as "Pippali" in Sanskrit and in our local language khasi, it is known as "Sohmarit khlaw". It is referred to as long pepper as the fruits are long and slender and look a little like dried green chillies as the spikes on its surface resemble a rough-skinned version of chilli peppers. This product is not only a native of Meghalaya, but it is also a solid insurance policy for the farmers of Meghalaya.
Our Long pepper is sourced directly from Pynursla, Meghalaya and it has a bitter, spicy, and warming taste which is perhaps due to the presence of volatile content such as piplatine, piperlonguminine, piperine, and other unique chemical components. These phytoconstituents are responsible for producing distinctive aroma, flavour, and health benefits.
Our Lakadong Ker has been created as it dawned on us that people love to drink golden milk often made of turmeric. Therefore, our Lakadong Ker was formulated with the purpose of it being golden milk made with the famous Lakadong turmeric from the terrain of Meghalaya.
It has a strong flavour with a hint of pungency from ginger. Perfect golden milk is a must-have in every household. This blend will transform your simple milk into a beautiful yet extremely beneficial health drink that has strong flavours, and the feeling that accompanies it is exceptionally satisfying.
The bright and beautiful yellow powder is loaded with the goodness of natural ingredients that makes your milk rich and appealing. You will be delighted by the pleasant and flavoursome aroma it produces once you open the container and the aroma sizzles in the air and lingers in the mouth.
Benefits and Uses
Lakadong Ker has a maximum level of curcumin and other active components such as gingerol and piperine. These ingredients also come with maximum health benefits. Some of its health benefits are as follows:
1. Increase antioxidant capacity - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from the substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Curcumin along with antioxidants in cinnamon, black cardamom, and black pepper such as polyphenols and piperine will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
2. Lowers the risk of brain diseases - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin and piperine along with other components in cinnamon can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
3. May protect against heart diseases - Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin as well as gingerol protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in ginger and other ingredients in this blend helps in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
5. May help ease the symptoms of severe joint pains (arthritis) - Due to its potent anti-inflammatory activity, curcumin may be a safe and effective option for preventing osteoarthritis (swelling of joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation in the lining of joints, especially in hands and fingers).
6. Aids in weight loss - Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin helps by stabilizing metabolism and manages weight. It controls the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues.
7. A natural blood thinner - At times, there are some health conditions where blood-thinning agents are required to prevent blockages. Curcumin acts as a natural blood thinner in certain conditions where it helps in preventing the clotting of blood.
8. Helps in Diabetes - Curcumin helps in sensitizing insulin and helps in lowering the glucose level. These properties in it may help in dealing with both type1 (do not produce insulin) and type 2 (do not respond to insulin) diabetes. Cinnamon.
9. High blood pressure - Turmeric is commonly used in stabilizing blood pressure and prevents hypertension linked to natural ageing. Black cardamom helps in lowering blood pressure due to its diuretic effect which means that it can promote urination.
10. Reduces pain - Ginger has been traditionally used to relieve pain including menstrual pain in women. Gingerol content in it is highly effective against muscle pain that is induced due to exercise. It does not show an immediate impact, but it may be effective at reducing the day-to-day progress of muscle pain. This effect is due to its anti-inflammatory properties that relieve the body from chronic body aches.
11. Helps in indigestion - Chronic indigestion causes pain and discomfort in the upper region of the stomach and it is believed that delayed gastric emptying is the main reason for indigestion. Ginger helps in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is beneficial for those who are suffering from the condition of indigestion.
12. Helps in dealing with nausea - Ginger, an ingredient in this blend is highly effective in dealing with nausea. It has been traditionally been used as a remedy for seasickness and other forms of motion sickness. 13. Ease a cold or flu- It is often told that ginger, turmeric, black pepper helps in recovering from a cold or flu. These ingredients help in protecting the respiratory system. The anti-inflammatory gingerols, shogaols in ginger helps in relieving sore throat and also removes viruses and bacteria that cause cold and flu.
UsesHere are two recipes that we have created using our very own Lakadong Ker.
1. Lakadong Ker golden milk
o 1 cup milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
o 1/4th teaspoon Lakadong Ker
o 1 teaspoon of honey for a sweet taste
1. Take 1/4th teaspoon of Lakadong Ker or even more if you prefer a stronger flavour.
2. Add it in a cup and if you like it sweet, you can add honey and mix it to form a smooth paste.
3. Pour 250ml of warm milk over it and stir well.
4. Enjoy it warm at any time of the day.
2. Lakadong Ker Golden Milkshake:
o 1 cup of milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
o 1 tablespoon of cream
o ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
o 1 cup of water
o 2 teaspoon Lakadong Ker
o 1 teaspoon of honey
o A few ice cubes
1. Pour a cup of milk and water into a blender
2. Add Lakadong Latte to it
3. Followed with a tablespoon of cream and some vanilla extract
4. Add some ice cubes to it along with a teaspoon of honey
5. Blend it up for a few minutes
6. Pour the milkshake into a glass
7. Enjoy it cold. Perfect for the summers.
How to store Lakadong Ker?
A perfect natural golden milk that can be enjoyed all the year-round and is a perfect drink to relish before a good night's sleep.
To keep your Lakadong Ker fresh for a longer duration, store it away from direct sunlight, stoves, ovens, and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the blend to lose its flavour and strength.