A hot cup of latte and cinnamon biscuits- is there a better way to start a day?
But have you ever wondered what the word latte means? The word “latte” is derived from the Italian words caffè latte, which means "milk coffee".
It is the most favored way to enjoy coffee in the US. A latte is normally made with espresso, steamed milk and milk foam.
It is somewhat like a cappuccino, but it has less foamed milk and more steamed milk.
When Did It Become Popular?
1980s was the year latte started getting popular in Seattle, Washington. But it gained mass popularity in the 1990s.
There is also the "latte art", pictures that you see on various social media platforms of a latte with beautiful presentation of white milk at the top of the mug. Beautifully designed and 'Instagram worthy'!
Basically, anything connected to sweet can be a latte, a Brooklyn-based coffee shop, 'The End' invented a Unicorn Latte.
View this post on Instagram
How about a Turmeric Latte or High Curcumin Latte?
Turmeric latte is one very popular drink around the world. It is not just some regular latte. It is a lifestyle need on major countries like USA, UK etc. Fused with major health benefits, turmeric latte should be your drink of choice.
Commonly called as the "Golden Milk" around the world or the Golden Latte. It is a mixture of milk and turmeric, with turmeric being the key part of the mixture.
Why Is It Popular?
Its popularity has been gaining since 2015, with major countries serving turmeric latte to its customers in café’s. According to a report in The Guardian, turmeric latte is more in demand than regular lattes in Oxford, UK.
It is somewhat of a household remedy in South Asian cultures, but its rise has been rapid all over the world. Nama, a vegan restaurant in London first started serving their 'golden mylk' (the y in milk indicates that it’s not an animal product). Its sale has gone up in the US and Australia.
Starbucks itself has included turmeric latte on its menu. This bright yellow drink has become a trendy topic on social media for the last few years.
They are generally caffeine free, although some do have it with coffee as well like the recipe below. But even with caffeine in it, you will be able to reap it health benefits.
For a health-conscious person this is their drink of choice for a healthy skin, ease in digestion and boost your immunity. But, People all around the world have taken to like for it.
Zizira's Very Own Lakadong Turmeric Latte - Curcumin Latte
Lakadong Latte consists of Lakadong turmeric, cinnamon, black cardamom and black pepper.
Lakadong turmeric derived from a place name Lakadong located in Jaintia Hills District of Meghalaya.
What makes it special is because of the high curcumin content in Lakadong turmeric (7-9%). This is comparatively higher to other varieties of turmeric.
Zizira source the turmeric directly from the farmers that grow them.
Apart from its delicious taste as a latte alternative, it comes with some major health benefits. It is gluten-free and caffeine free golden milk, but you can add coffee as well.
It is the perfect drink during the fall and wintertime, especially if you don’t like the winter cold. But you could have it iced as well during the summer.
We have for you 3 delicious Lakadong Latte recipe below:
1. Lakadong Latte with coffee: With or without coffee, this could be your preferred latte for your everyday life.
- 2 cups milk (regular milk, coconut or almond)
- 1 teaspoon Lakadong Latte
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (optional- it is good for winter to keep body warm)
- 1/4 cup honey (you can use Zizira honey)
- 1 heaping teaspoons of coffee
- Heat Milk, ginger, cinnamon and lakadong latte in pan.
- Let it heat for 3 minutes but not up to it boiling point.
- Pour it into a glass and add honey
- To make your latte, add 1 tsp of coffee in a mug
- Pour the mixture into the mug
- Stir to Combine
2. Iced Lakadong Latte: You can have it cold as well during the summer to cool your body and freshen up your mind.
- 2 cups of milk (regular milk, coconut or almond)
- 1 teaspoon Lakadong Latte
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of honey
- Pour milk into a glass
- Add Lakadong Latte and Ginger
- Mixed well and leave for 5 minutes
- Take a mug and pour ice cubes in it
- Pour the mixture
- Add honey
3. Vanilla Lakadong Latte: Lakadong might be bitter to some users, so a mixture of pure vanilla extract would counteract the bitterness from the Lakadong. This is nice way to enjoy a day off work.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon of Lakadong Latte
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Heat Milk, Lakadong Latte and honey and stir well till mixture blend together
- Let it heat but not up to boiling point
- Remove from heat and use strainer to strain and return it to a pan
- Stir the vanilla into the mixture
- Taste and add honey if needed
- Pour into mug and Enjoy
Our simple recipes will take you fewer than 5 minutes to drink your joy.
Golden Latte will prove to be phenomenal if you add it to your latte life. A cup of Lakadong latte and our recipe will surely help you feel cozy, warm and energized you throughout the day.
So, what are you waiting for?