Health benefits of Lakadong Turmeric
Our Lakadong Turmeric has the maximum curcumin level and with it comes maximum health benefits. Some of its health benefits are as follows:
- Helps in reducing inflammation - Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound that helps the body to fight against foreign substances. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, whatever substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. Curcumin is one of them and is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that can fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Increase antioxidant capacity - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from a substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Curcumin will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
- May protect against Heart diseases - Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing various type of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing it from forming.
- May help ease the symptoms of severe joint pains (arthritis) - Due to its potent anti-inflammatory activity, curcumin may be a safe and an effective option for preventing osteoarthritis (swelling of joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation in the lining of joints, especially in hands and fingers).
- Aids in weight loss - Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin helps by stabilizing metabolism and manages the weight. It controls the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues.
- A natural blood thinner - At times, there are some health conditions where blood-thinning agents are required to prevent blockages. Curcumin acts as a natural blood thinner in certain conditions where it helps in preventing the clotting of blood.
- May help in diabetes - Curcumin helps in sensitizing insulin and helps in lowering the glucose level. These properties in it may help in dealing with both type1 (do not produce insulin) and type 2 (do not respond to insulin) diabetes.
- May help in high blood pressure - Turmeric is commonly used in stabilizing the blood pressure and prevents hypertension linked to natural ageing.
Health benefits of honey
These are a few health benefits of honey.
- A good source of antioxidants - It contains many plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties - These properties in it helps in killing unwanted bacteria that enters the body. It contains a substance in it that acts as an antiseptic.
- Helps in healing wounds - Raw honey is effective in killing germs and aid in repairing tissues. It will enhance the healing time and lower risk of infections.
- Soothes sore throat - It is an old remedy that helps in relieving sore throat. It also helps in suppressing cough.
- Treating diarrhoea - Raw honey helps in reducing the symptoms of diarrhoea as it soothes the effect of digestions. It will help in treating mild diarrhoea in both children and adults. It helps in nourishing the good bacteria that are present in the intestines which are not only beneficial for digestion but our overall health.
- Useful in weight management - Honey may help in burning out body fats even while sleeping. It will help in increasing the metabolism which in turn helps in reducing weight.
- Protecting the brain - Honey has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities in it that is beneficial for the brain. It protects it from damage caused by exposure to lead and some of the constituents in it also helps in fighting inflammation in the brain.
- Nutritious - Honey contains various nutrients in it that makes it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environments and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins in it. Honey also contains natural sugars which makes it a healthier option than sugar.
- Increase athletic performance - Honey is good or is even better than glucose, sugar, or water in boosting the energy of athletes. It is a great source of carbohydrates and sugar and it helps in maintaining glycogen (helps in storing energy) levels and improves recovery time as compared to other sweeteners.
- Honey is better than sugar for diabetics - Honey increases blood sugar levels less as compared to sugar and it may also lower inflammation, fat levels and bad cholesterol, it is possibly a healthier option for people with diabetes but it should still be consumed with caution.
Health Benefits of Birds Eye Chilli:
Capsaicin is a chemical compound that helps to heal stomach ulcers and indigestion. It helps in controlling flatulence. Bird’s eye chilli also keeps blood pressure and cholesterol level in check. There are traditional remedies for arthritis pain which use a bird’s eye chilli. Eating this chilli increases the metabolism rate and hence helps in weight-loss. It is also used to treat bruises and swelling by some people.
Hot Chilli Peppers are known to have the following health benefits.
- Helps in losing weight: Hot peppers contain Capsaicin which can speed up metabolism and help the body burn calories faster. This is because Capsaicin increases your body temperature and contributes to an increase in your heart rate. Furthermore, studies have shown that people who eat spicy foods eat smaller portions which can reduce their calories intake.
- Good for heart: Known to help to improve heart health by improving the body’s ability to dissolve blood clots. Research has shown that low-density cholesterol (LDL or bad cholesterol) resisted oxidation for a longer period of time (which can clog your arteries) when chilli was added to the diet, thus reducing the heart stroke risk. The capsaicin in peppers also fights inflammation, which has been identified as a risk factor for heart disease. Additionally, statistics show that cultures that eat spicy foods frequently have a much lower rate of heart attack and stroke.
- Improved circulation: Can promote good circulation, and they appear to lower blood pressure. Your body’s temperature is raised; therefore, it increases your blood flow and gets your heart pumping. Peppers help strengthen the blood vessel walls as they are high in vitamin A and C.
- Improved digestion: Spices also improve your digestion because they increase the hydrochloric secretion of your stomach. This, in turn, will increase blood flow to the stomach and even increase the mucous lining. Capsaicin also helps to kill bacteria like H. pylori and help to prevent or cure stomach ulcers.
- Cold and flu: Capsaicin promotes sweating and eases the discomfort of cold and flu symptoms. It also helps to open up the nasal passages. It may also reduce sinusitis and other flu symptoms.
- Improved Sleep Pattern: Researchers have found that people who regularly consumed spicy meals fell asleep more easily. They also woke up easier and had more energy throughout the day.
- Mood lifter: Chili peppers boost the level of endorphins and serotonin that dulls pain and give us a feeling of well being. It can act as a depression fighter and a powerful stress reliever.
- Improves breathing: Hot peppers act as an expectorant, therefore they can help people with asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, sinusitis, and other respiratory conditions breathe easier. Hot peppers can help you to breathe better by opening up clogged nasal passages.