Our Lakadong Mirch has a maximum level of curcumin and other active components such as gingerol and capsaicin. These ingredients also come with maximum health benefits and will also deal with your snacking habit. Some of its health benefits are as follows:
Helps in reducing inflammation- Curcumin in turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon have natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help the body fight against foreign substances. Ginger contains phytonutrients that may help in reducing cell damage and also prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance.
Curcumin and gingerol are powerful anti-inflammatory substances that can suppress inflammation and fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Increase antioxidant capacity- The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from a substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Curcumin along with antioxidants in ginger, cinnamon, black cardamom, and Bhut Jolokia such as polyphenols and will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases- In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin, gingerol along with other components in cinnamon can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
- May protect against heart diseases- Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin as well as gingerol protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases- Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing the various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in ginger and other ingredients in this blend helps in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
- May help ease the symptoms of severe joint pains (arthritis)- Due to its potent anti-inflammatory activity, curcumin may be a safe and effective option for preventing osteoarthritis (swelling of joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation in the lining of joints, especially in hands and fingers).
- Aids in weight loss- Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin helps by stabilizing metabolism and manages weight. Capsaicin in bhut jolokia controls the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues.
- A natural blood thinner- At times, there are some health conditions where blood-thinning agents are required to prevent blockages. Curcumin acts as a natural blood thinner in certain conditions where it helps in preventing the clotting of blood.
- Helps in diabetes- Curcumin helps in sensitizing insulin and helps in lowering the glucose level. These properties in it may help in dealing with both type1 (do not produce insulin) and type 2 (do not respond to insulin) diabetes. Cinnamon
- High blood pressure- Turmeric is commonly used in stabilizing blood pressure and prevents hypertension linked to natural ageing. Black cardamom helps in lowering blood pressure due to its diuretic effect which means that it can promote urination.
- Reduces pain- Ginger has been traditionally used to relieve pain including menstrual pain in women. Gingerol content in it is highly effective against muscle pain that is induced due to exercise. It does not show an immediate impact, but it may be effective at reducing the day-to-day progress of muscle pain. This effect is due to its anti-inflammatory properties that relieve the body from chronic body aches.
- Helps in indigestion- Chronic indigestion causes pain and discomfort in the upper region of the stomach and it is believed that delayed gastric emptying is the main reason for indigestion. Ginger helps in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is beneficial for those who are suffering from the condition of indigestion.
- Ease a cold or flu- It is often told that ginger and turmeric help in recovering from a cold or flu. These ingredients help in protecting the respiratory system. The anti-inflammatory gingerols, shogaols in ginger helps in relieving sore throat and also removes viruses and bacteria that cause cold and flu. Bhut Jolokia is also helpful in opening clogged nasal passages during cold as it increases the production of mucus and saliva.
Here are two recipes that we have created using our very own Lakadong Mirch.
1. Lakadong Mirch Golden Milk
- 1 cup milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
- ½ teaspoon Lakadong Mirch
- 1 teaspoon of honey for a sweet taste
- Take ½ teaspoon of Lakadong Mirch or even more if you prefer a spicier flavour.
- Add it in a cup and if you prefer a little more sweetness, you can add honey and mix it to form a smooth paste.
- Pour 250ml of warm milk over it and stir well.
- Enjoy it warm at any time of the day especially on those days when you are having a cold. It will surely do its magic!
2. Sweet and Spicy Health drink
- ½ teaspoon of Lakadong Mirch
- 1 glass guava juice/ any juice you prefer
- Add ½ teaspoon of Lakadong Mirch to a container
- Add a teaspoon of honey and mix it to form a smooth paste
- Pour a glass of guava juice/ any juice of your choice
- Stir well till the mixture is uniformly mixed
- Transfer it to a glass add some ice cubes and garnish it with some lemon or mint
- Enjoy this sweet and spicy health drink