Benefits and Uses
Lakadong Ker has a maximum level of curcumin and other active components such as gingerol and piperine. These ingredients also come with maximum health benefits. Some of its health benefits are as follows:
1. Increase antioxidant capacity - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from the substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Curcumin along with antioxidants in cinnamon, black cardamom, and black pepper such as polyphenols and piperine will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
2. Lowers the risk of brain diseases - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin and piperine along with other components in cinnamon can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
3. May protect against heart diseases - Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin as well as gingerol protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in ginger and other ingredients in this blend helps in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
5. May help ease the symptoms of severe joint pains (arthritis) - Due to its potent anti-inflammatory activity, curcumin may be a safe and effective option for preventing osteoarthritis (swelling of joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation in the lining of joints, especially in hands and fingers).
6. Aids in weight loss - Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin helps by stabilizing metabolism and manages weight. It controls the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues.
7. A natural blood thinner - At times, there are some health conditions where blood-thinning agents are required to prevent blockages. Curcumin acts as a natural blood thinner in certain conditions where it helps in preventing the clotting of blood.
8. Helps in Diabetes - Curcumin helps in sensitizing insulin and helps in lowering the glucose level. These properties in it may help in dealing with both type1 (do not produce insulin) and type 2 (do not respond to insulin) diabetes. Cinnamon.
9. High blood pressure - Turmeric is commonly used in stabilizing blood pressure and prevents hypertension linked to natural ageing. Black cardamom helps in lowering blood pressure due to its diuretic effect which means that it can promote urination.
10. Reduces pain - Ginger has been traditionally used to relieve pain including menstrual pain in women. Gingerol content in it is highly effective against muscle pain that is induced due to exercise. It does not show an immediate impact, but it may be effective at reducing the day-to-day progress of muscle pain. This effect is due to its anti-inflammatory properties that relieve the body from chronic body aches.
11. Helps in indigestion - Chronic indigestion causes pain and discomfort in the upper region of the stomach and it is believed that delayed gastric emptying is the main reason for indigestion. Ginger helps in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is beneficial for those who are suffering from the condition of indigestion.
12. Helps in dealing with nausea - Ginger, an ingredient in this blend is highly effective in dealing with nausea. It has been traditionally been used as a remedy for seasickness and other forms of motion sickness. 13. Ease a cold or flu- It is often told that ginger, turmeric, black pepper helps in recovering from a cold or flu. These ingredients help in protecting the respiratory system. The anti-inflammatory gingerols, shogaols in ginger helps in relieving sore throat and also removes viruses and bacteria that cause cold and flu.
UsesHere are two recipes that we have created using our very own Lakadong Ker.
1. Lakadong Ker golden milk
o 1 cup milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
o 1/4th teaspoon Lakadong Ker
o 1 teaspoon of honey for a sweet taste
1. Take 1/4th teaspoon of Lakadong Ker or even more if you prefer a stronger flavour.
2. Add it in a cup and if you like it sweet, you can add honey and mix it to form a smooth paste.
3. Pour 250ml of warm milk over it and stir well.
4. Enjoy it warm at any time of the day.
2. Lakadong Ker Golden Milkshake:
o 1 cup of milk (regular milk, coconut, or almond milk)
o 1 tablespoon of cream
o ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
o 1 cup of water
o 2 teaspoon Lakadong Ker
o 1 teaspoon of honey
o A few ice cubes
1. Pour a cup of milk and water into a blender
2. Add Lakadong Latte to it
3. Followed with a tablespoon of cream and some vanilla extract
4. Add some ice cubes to it along with a teaspoon of honey
5. Blend it up for a few minutes
6. Pour the milkshake into a glass
7. Enjoy it cold. Perfect for the summers.