Benefits and Uses
What are the health benefits of Bhut Jolokia-infused honey?
Raw honey contains the most nutrients, while its combination with Bhut Jolokia will certainly enhance its taste as well as provide some benefits too. Here are a few health benefits of Bhut Jolokia infused honey:
- It can help in dealing with migraines - Bhut Jolokia can help in reducing migraine pain. The capsaicin content in it numbs the brain’s trigeminal nerve (responsible for sensation in the face and motor functions) where some migraines and severe headaches start.
- Clears a runny nose - A whiff of capsaicin may help to calm the effects of a runny or stopped-up nose. It triggers the nasal passage and increases the production of mucus and saliva.
- May help speed up metabolism - Capsaicin is responsible for sensing a total-body flush and it also increases the rate at which the body heats up when consuming chillies. It activates the sensory neuron called TRPV1, which helps in keeping the body fat from building up and helps in controlling the appetite. Honey, on the other hand, is known to help burn out body fats even while sleeping. The combination of these metabolism-quickening ingredients might help in losing weight and keeps the body fit.
- It can help in scrambling pain signals - The capsaicin present in Bhut Jolokia triggers a sensation (sends a signal) to the nerve cells in the brain that normally deals with pain to avoid the sensation of pain instead focuses on the spiciness of the chilli. It tricks the brain in such a way that a person forgets the pain and focuses more on the hot sensation from the chilli. This property helps in controlling pain.
- Helps in reducing inflammation - Honey along with capsaicin in Bhut Jolokia has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help the body fight against foreign substances. It helps in reducing cell damage and also prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. This anti-inflammatory property of this infusion soothes arthritis and reduces discomfort and pain.
- May help fight diseases - Some studies have stated that capsaicin may help in killing cells that are linked to more than forty types of cancers. This spicy chemical helps in changing the linkage of some genes with cancer cells and may even terminate them from growing or multiplying. This property of capsaicin may help in fighting diseases such as cancer.
- It can boost energy - Honey is a good source of carbohydrates which makes it better than glucose, sugar, or water in boosting energy. It helps in maintaining glycogen (helps in storing energy) levels and helps in improving recovery time as compared to other sweeteners. But Jolokia is also packed with major components such as vitamin A, B, C, and E. The capsaicin content in it also acts as antioxidants that protect the cells from getting damaged.
- Reduces snacking habits - The spiciness of the chilli helps in scorching the snacking habit but consuming it at a higher quantity can lead to belly pain, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting or even burning sensation of the stomach. It is safe to consume a small quantity of this infusion to help deal with snacking scenes.
- Nutritious - Honey contains various nutrients in it that make it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environment and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins. Honey also contains natural sugars which makes it a healthier option than sugar.
- A good source of antioxidants - Both honey and Bhut Jolokia contain many phytoconstituents that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases and helps in boosting immunity.
Here are a few ways you can use our Bhut Jolokia infused honey
Whether you are preparing a garnish for your salads or toppings for your favourite cuisines, this honey is a seamless compliment. Whichever way you use it, it will surely tingle your taste buds and leaves you with a satisfying aftertaste.
- Sweet and spicy mix - Mix a teaspoon of Bhut Jolokia infused honey and half a teaspoon of lemon juice together in a glass. Add chilled juice to it and enjoy this drink.
- Bhut Jolokia infused honey toppings - Drizzle this delicious honey to your evening snacks such as samosas and dhokla. It will definitely enhance the taste. It can also be drizzled on salads for that sweet and spicy flavour.
- Bhut Jolokia infused honey garnishes and marinades - This honey infusion is a perfect glaze for your Asian cuisines. Garnish your vegetables and meat with this unique combination for a perfect sweet and spicy flavour.
- Bread spread- This sweet and spicy infusion can also be spread on bread and or toasts for a hint of spiciness.
Bhut Jolokia infused honey tomato sauce recipe
- One teaspoon of Bhut Jolokia infused honey
- Two fresh tomatoes
- One onion
- A few coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Cut the tomatoes and onion into cubes
- Add them into a blender
- Add Bhut Jolokia infused honey and salt to it
- Blend the mixture well
- Empty the mixture into a bowl and garnish it with some chopped coriander
- Sweet and spicy tomato sauce is ready to be enjoyed