Benefits and Uses
What are the Benefits of Bird’s Eye Chillies?
- Aid in Weight loss: Bird’s Eye Chillies contain Capsaicin which can speed up metabolism and help the body burn calories faster.
- Help Relieve Cold and Flu: The Capsaicin found in these chillies promotes sweating and eases the discomfort of cold and flu symptoms.
- Improved Breathing: These chillies act as an expectorant, therefore they can help people with asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, sinusitis, and other respiratory conditions breathe easier.
- Improved Circulation: Bird's eye chillies can promote good circulation and they are known to lower blood pressure. The capsaicin in these chillies also raises your body’s temperature; therefore, they increase your blood flow and get your heart pumping.
- Improves Digestion: The significance of eye chilli powder in improving digestion can’t be overstated. It is known to increase the production of enzymes that, in turn, helps in the digestion process. It is also deemed beneficial in the movement of food in the intestinal tract and enhancing the appetite by stimulating the gut.
- Treatment of Gum Problems: Gum problems and chilli may seem an odd combination. But bird’s chilli powder has been proven beneficial in the treatment of gum problems, and toothache since ancient times.
- Prevention and Treatment of Arthritis: This spice has been traditionally used to prevent as well as treat mild conditions of arthritis.
- Bird’s eye chilli is also proven beneficial in reducing blood pressure, treating bruises, and also reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
How to use Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder?
Our Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder can be used in a variety of ways. Here are a few:
- Use it in your chutneys to add a punch of heat and flavour.
- Use it in your pickles to increase the spiciness and add a depth of flavour.
- Add it to curries, soups, and stews for a dash of heat. This is especially beneficial to ease sore throats and the common cold.
- Add it to marinades for a slow-infused fiery punch.
- Cut up some citrus fruits and finely chop some mustard leaves. Mix well and season with salt and Bird’s Eye Chilli Powder and enjoy some traditional mouth-watering ‘khleh soh’ from Meghalaya!
Disclaimer: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.