Health Benefits of Black Pepper
- Helps in reducing inflammation - Black pepper has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help the body fight against foreign substances. It contains phytonutrients that may help in reducing cell damage and also prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. Piperine is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that can suppress inflammation and fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Increase antioxidant capacity - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from a substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Piperine along with polyphenols in Black Pepper will help in boosting our body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Piperine along with other components in it can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing the various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in black pepper help in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
- Improves digestion - Black pepper helps in stimulating the digestive juices and enzymes and enhances digestion. Research has suggested that black pepper has a positive effect on pancreatic enzymes which benefits the overall digestive process. It has carminative properties and helps relieve stomach gas and flatulence.