Health Benefits of Lakadong Chyrmit from Meghalaya
The curcumin in Lakadong Chyrmit gives it the yellow colour, but it does more than that. It is a compound that is well-known for most of its health benefits.
- It is used as an anti-inflammatory ingredient in case of inflammation
- It is used to help in regulating blood pressure and for protecting against many age-related diseases
- It is known to improve endothelial function in people with Type-2 diabetes, reducing the risk of stroke or heart attack
- Its anti-inflammatory characteristic helps in preventing and maybe treating many cancer types
- It is used as an antidepressant to treat depression
- It is used for a number of skin conditions
- It helps the body fight the effects of free radicals and other environmental pollutants
Uses of Lakadong Chyrmit
The high curcumin level in Lakadong Chyrmit powder gives the powder a fresh, bright yellowish-orange colour. The strong earthy and pleasant fruity aroma makes it the miracle spice for those looking to add something extra to their dishes and for health watchers. It is used in a variety of Indian curries and for marinating meat and fish. Many people add it to their milk to yield the many health benefits it has to offer.
10 Ways You Can Use Lakadong Chyrmit today!
- Golden milk: Infuse turmeric in boiling milk along with other spices like cinnamon, black pepper to extract the goodness of curcumin in the turmeric. Black pepper helps the body to absorb curcumin better.
- Golden honey: Turmeric is used to avoid certain sicknesses like the flu and cold. Mix turmeric powder and raw honey for a perfect Golden Honey remedy.
- Heal bruises: If you have a black eye, bruises or swelling apply a very basic turmeric paste to your eye. Notice a big difference within an hour, especially a reduction in the swelling.
- Create your own Turmeric Tea for healthy tea: Add 1tsp of Turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp of Black pepper powder to a cup of boiling water. 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 slices of raw ginger, and cinnamon for flavour. Stir them together and enjoy your cup of turmeric tea.
- Turmeric cake: If you love baking, you should try baking turmeric cake. It is a simple and delicious cake to bake especially if you are a vegan. You should try this out and surprise yourself. Make turmeric leaf cakes by steaming rice with grated coconut, rice, and jaggery wrapped in turmeric leaves.
- Face mask: Use organic turmeric paste to fight pimples and breakouts. Regular use can also clear acne, scars, and inflammation. It is a great exfoliator and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
- Soaps and shampoos: Turmeric soap can be interesting to make. You can add turmeric and other natural ingredients like calendula, coconut, lemongrass, amla, and others. These are beneficial for the hair and cleanses your skin.
- Toothpaste for teeth whitening: Stop looking for that branded product and head straight to the pantry and find an ingredient that whitens teeth naturally.
- First aid for pets: Organic turmeric is useful to cure your pets of sickness. If you love your pets and they need medical attention for cuts or gastrointestinal disorders, feed them with this medicinal spice. It will cure your pet before you reach the vet.
- Pests repellent: Turmeric is a favourite food for us, but ants and other pests hate it. They avoid totter around it. To repel pests, especially ants, simply sprinkle turmeric powder around the corner, or anywhere near the ant traces.