What Is the Shelf-life of Lakadong Turmeric?
Zizira Lakadong turmeric can last for twelve months if it is properly stored. The powder does not get spoilt, but it will start to lose its potency with time and the flavour or show its benefits will not be as strong as intended.
How to Store Lakadong Turmeric?
Here are a few simple steps to follow in order to keep your Lakadong Turmeric fresh for a longer duration.
- Store the turmeric in an airtight container and remember to close the lid of the container tightly as soon as you finish using it.
- Before storing the spice in airtight containers, make sure the turmeric, as well as the bottle, is thoroughly dried because the presence of moisture will cause the turmeric powder to develop moulds.
- Coloured bottles are a better option to store the turmeric as it protects it from direct sunlight. If you are using clear bottles, remember to store them in closed cabinets or wall racks which do not receive direct sunlight.
- Store it away from stoves, ovens, windows, and do not keep it on the top of a refrigerator because the heat emitted from them causes the spice to lose its strength.
- Avoid storing it in plastic containers for a long time as this may absorb the smell of the plastic which is not very healthy.