What are the health benefits of Ginger Infused Honey?
Here are a few benefits of Ginger Infused Honey:
- It contains Gingerol – the active component of ginger that has powerful medicinal properties.
- Speeds up metabolism – Honey is known to help burn out body fats even while sleeping. This metabolism-quickening ingredient might help in losing weight and staying fit.
- Helps in reducing inflammation – Honey has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help the body fight against foreign substances. It helps in reducing cell damage and prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. This anti-inflammatory property of this infusion is widely used to soothe arthritis and reduce discomfort and pain.
- Boosts energy - Honey is a good source of carbohydrates which makes it better than glucose, sugar, or water in boosting energy. It helps in maintaining glycogen (helps in storing energy) levels and helps in improving recovery time as compared to other sweeteners.
- Nutritious - Honey contains various nutrients in it that make it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environment and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins. Honey also contains natural sugars which makes it a healthier option than sugar.
- A good source of antioxidants - honey contains many phytoconstituents that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases and helps in boosting immunity.
Whether you are preparing a garnish for your salads or toppings for your favourite cuisines, this honey is a seamless compliment. Whichever way you use it, it will surely tingle your taste buds and leaves you with a satisfying aftertaste.
Here are a few ways you can use your Ginger Infused Honey
- Add it to warm milk
- Add it to your tea with a little lemon for ginger honey lemon tea.