For use in your daily dish: Crush a few Pods of black cardamom and put them into your dish during cooking to enhance and intensify the taste of other ingredients. It has a nice flavour and aroma that stimulates the taste buds when used in your daily food like dal and rice.
As a mouth freshener: Take a few ground pieces of black cardamom and chew them after taking your daily meals to get rid of the bad breath.
Garam Masala Recipe
- Black cardamom- 20gm
- Cinnamon sticks- 20gm
- Cloves- 10gm
- Cumin seeds- 20gm
- Black pepper seeds- 20 gm
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame. It would take about 2 minutes to heat up.
- Add all the raw spices to a pan and roast them for about 5 minutes on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the stove. Mix well.
- Keep aside the roasted spices for 10 minutes to cool down to room temperature.
- Once they cool down, Grind the whole/raw spices together in a grinder to a smooth powder.
- After grinding, sieve the Masala powder to remove the leftover threads of Cardamom as they will not taste good in the mouth when eating the dish.
- The Garam masala is ready to use and can be preserved for about 6 months in an airtight container.