Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger powder benefits have been widely recognized since ancient times and they are still relevant. Gingerol, the natural oil found in ginger, is essentially responsible for its plethora of medicinal attributes. Potent with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, ginger has found immense usage in traditional and alternative medicine as well.
Are you aware of the numerous ginger powder uses? This highly potent spice can be leveraged in whole, dried or ground form in daily consumption to reap its maximum benefits. Ginger powder tea is your ultimate solution if you have been experiencing nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, seasickness. Besides, it can lend you a helping hand if you are on your quest of optimal weight management. It also helps relieve body pain, and manage blood sugar levels efficiently.
If you are not an avid fan of tea, then you can opt to consume the juice of ginger. Ginger juice is deemed beneficial for improving digestion, keeping the symptoms of cough, cold, and sore throat at bay, preventing bad breath, and controlling hypertension. It may also help in reducing acne, pimples, breakouts on the skin as well as untimely hair loss.
Lemon-honey-ginger tea comes with a triple punch - combined benefits of three super ingredients. This can help in your weight loss regimen, detoxification, and enhancing cognitive functionality.
Here are some of the key ginger powder benefits.
- May help treat many forms of nausea - Ginger powder appears to be highly effective against nausea especially morning sickness. It has traditionally been used in alleviating seasickness and may also relieve nausea and vomiting after surgery as well as in patients undergoing chemotherapy. Studies have suggested a dose of 1- 1.5 grams of ginger per day to help prevent various types of nausea.
- May help reduce muscle pain and soreness - Research studies cite that a daily intake of two grams of ginger can reduce muscle pain induced due to exercise. Studies even suggest that ginger tends to reduce the production of different chemical substances that promotes joint pain. It also contains some chemical substances like salicylates which the body converts to salicylic acid that helps in preventing the nerves from making certain prostaglandins (responsible for controlling processes like inflammation) and this further helps in relieving pain and discomfort.
- Anti-inflammatory effects - Studies have suggested that gingerol, shogaol, and paradol in dried ginger powder impact certain inflammatory processes at a cellular level. They are rich in anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, and antioxidant properties and analgesic activity, which helps in reducing pain resulting from an exercise-induced injury.
- It may help in lowering blood pressure - High blood pressure is a very common symptom and when left untreated, it may lead to damage of the arteries, and other major organs like the heart, brain, kidney as well eyes. Ginger is one natural ingredient that helps in improving blood pressure by acting as a vasodilator, which means it helps expand the blood vessels. This further helps in improving the circulation in the body reducing the overall blood pressure. It also contains an important mineral-potassium that has been proven to be helpful in lowering blood pressure.
- Antibacterial properties - It has been found that ginger powder has effective antibacterial properties and is thus considered effective in the treatment of a host of microbial diseases such as Bacillus and E. coli. It also helps to inhibit the growth of pathogens that contribute to inflammation of the gums causing gum bacteria.
- Blood-sugar regulator - Diabetes is one of the most common diseases affecting a wide range of people and Type 2 diabetes accounts for about 90% of diabetes diagnoses. Studies cite that ginger powder is known to control the surge in blood sugar levels and help in overall health and well-being.
- Reduces Menstrual Pains - Menstrual pain can be extremely painful. There are many medications available that are dedicated to this pain, but ginger is one natural ingredient that can provide relief from it. The gingerol content in ginger has been traditionally used in alleviating this pain.
- Helps in treating chronic indigestion - Chronic digestion is also known as dyspepsia, which is characterized by repetitive pain and discomfort in the upper part of the abdomen. The main cause for indigestion is the delay in emptying of the stomach. Ginger has the amazing power to help in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is highly beneficial for people who are suffering from indigestion and other stomach discomforts.
- May lower the risk of rare diseases - Ginger has a cell-protecting property that helps in lowering the long-term risk of various rare diseases. It acts by reducing the cellular activity that causes the changes in DNA, cell death, and multiplication of cancer cells. It may also help in sensitizing tumours for treatments like chemotherapy and radiation. Although it may not cure any chronic disease but using it regularly may help in benefiting the overall health.
- Ease cold and flu - It is an old age tradition of using dried ginger powder to help recover from a cold and flu. It helps in protecting the respiratory system and improves recovery time. The compounds in ginger help in killing the viruses and bacteria that cause common colds and flu. It helps in stimulating the immune system and reduces the incidences of sore throat, providing relief from symptoms.
How to use Ginger powder?
You can use Zizira ginger powder in your daily cooking to add a touch of tanginess to your delicacies and enhance their aroma, and flavour. Here are a few ginger powder uses:
- One teaspoon of ginger powder can alter the flavour, and aroma of your dish altogether. Apart from its culinary attributes, it is known to be rich in health-aiding properties.
- ½ a teaspoon of the dried ginger powder and you are sorted for an early morning or late afternoon tea time
- ½ a teaspoon of ginger powder when taken in combination with pure, raw honey before bedtime is known to help in relieving cold and cough. It is considered effective for children and adults alike.