What are the health benefits of Turmeric Twist Honey?
Raw honey contains most nutrients while its combination with other natural goodness makes the honey more nutritious, delicious, and full of health benefits.
Here are a few health benefits of Turmeric Twist Honey:
- A good source of antioxidants - The main reason as to why antioxidants are extremely beneficial for the body is because it protects it from the substance that causes damage to the cells in our body. Turmeric Twist Honey contains many plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. These antioxidants help in protecting the cells of the body from getting damaged. Consuming antioxidant-rich foods may help in reducing the risk of rare diseases as these natural antioxidants help in boosting the body’s own antioxidant defences.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties - These properties are naturally available in all the ingredients in this honey infusion. Such properties in them help in killing unwanted bacteria that enter the body. This, in turn, helps in keeping the body free from diseases and enhances the body’s defence mechanisms by boosting the immune system.
- Helps in reducing inflammation - Curcumin in turmeric, gingerol in ginger, piperine in black pepper, and natural anti-inflammatory compounds in honey help the body fight against foreign substances. Ginger contains phytonutrients that may help in reducing cell damage and prevents inflammation by reducing the activity of cell-signalling. Without inflammation in the body, bacteria and germs can easily take over the body and lead to chronic diseases. Therefore, any substance that can help in treating chronic inflammation is of utmost importance. These powerful anti-inflammatory substances that are present in turmeric twist may help in suppressing inflammation and fight chronic inflammation at a higher level.
- Soothes sore throat - Honey mixed with some turmeric, ginger, and black pepper is an old remedy that helps in dealing with any kind of respiratory infection. The phytoconstituents that are present in this honey infusion helps in suppressing cough and also provide instant relief from sore throat.
- Useful in weight management - Obesity can lead to various health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, and other heart diseases. Curcumin and other constituents such as gingerol and piperine help by stabilizing metabolism and manages weight. They act by controlling the metabolism of fat and reduces the processes that are responsible for the growth of fatty tissues. Honey, on the other hand, is known for its ability to burn out body fats even while sleeping. It also acts by increasing the metabolism which in turn helps in reducing weight.
- Protecting the brain - In our brain, there is a growth hormone that helps the brain to function. Many brain diseases are due to the decreased levels of this specific substance. Curcumin and piperine along with other components can help in increasing the levels of this substance and may help in lowering the risk of brain diseases and improves memory. Honey has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities that are beneficial for the brain. It protects it from damage caused by exposure to lead and some of the constituents in it also helps in fighting inflammation in the brain.
- May protect against Heart diseases - Curcumin may improve the function or health of the thin membrane that covers the inner layer of the heart and blood vessels. This membrane is responsible for regulating blood pressure. When the function of this membrane lowers, it leads to an increased risk of heart diseases. Thus, curcumin as well as gingerol protects the heart against this function and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- May prevent or possibly help in treating rare diseases - Inflammation in the body is linked to the formation of tumours and anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin play a role in preventing the various types of cancer. It helps in slowing the spread of cancer cells and may help in preventing them from forming. Antioxidant activities in ginger and honey help in reducing or may even get rid of the free radicals (toxic substances produced by factors like metabolism) that can lead to a range of harmful rare diseases.
- Helps in indigestion - Chronic indigestion causes pain and discomfort in the upper region of the stomach and it is believed that delayed gastric emptying is the main reason for indigestion. Ginger helps in speeding up emptying of the stomach which is beneficial for those who are suffering from the condition of indigestion. Honey is believed to be a home remedy for indigestion. Its antibacterial property inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria that can be responsible for causing stomach ulcers and indigestion. This honey infusion may help in dealing with stomach ulcers and may help in relieving irritation of the intestinal tract which is commonly experienced due to indigestion.
- Nutritious - Honey contains various nutrients in it that makes it a healthy addition to your diet. The nutrition in it varies with the environment and depends on the types of flowers the bees collect their nectar from. But it still contains healthy compounds such as amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins. Turmeric twist is highly nutritious due to the various properties as well as the micro and macronutrients that are present in it. Its daily intake can provide maximum content of all the essential nutrients needed by the body.
- Increase athletic performance - Honey is good or is even better than glucose, sugar, or water in boosting the energy of athletes. It is a great source of carbohydrates and sugar and it helps in maintaining glycogen (helps in storing energy) levels and improves recovery time as compared to other sweeteners. The curcumin content in this infusion along with the anti-inflammatory activity of ginger and black pepper together helps in relieving muscle pain that occurs during and after working out.
- Helps in dealing with nausea - Ginger, an ingredient in this honey infusion is highly effective in dealing with nausea. It has traditionally been used as a remedy for seasickness and other forms of motion sickness.
- Ease a cold or flu - It is often told that ginger, turmeric, black pepper helps in recovering from a cold or flu. These ingredients help in protecting the respiratory system. The anti-inflammatory gingerols, shogaols in ginger helps in relieving sore throat and also removes viruses and bacteria that cause cold and flu.
Whether you are preparing a garnish or topping your favourite breakfast, this honey is a seamless compliment. Whichever way you use it, it will surely tingle your taste buds.
Here are a few ways you can use our Turmeric Twist Honey
Turmeric twist with citrus for soothing sore throat and cold- Mix a tablespoon of turmeric twist and half a teaspoon of lemon juice together in a bowl. Consume this mixture daily for soothing sore throat and cold.
Turmeric twist golden milk- Add a teaspoon of turmeric twist to a cup of warm milk for instant golden milk. Consume it before bed for a good night's sleep.
Turmeric twist toppings- Drizzle this delicious honey to your daily breakfast such as oats, pancakes or you can even spread it on your bread for that sweet yet healthy flavour.
Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Twist smoothie recipe:
- One tablespoon of Turmeric Twist Honey
- One cup of water
- One cup of milk
- One cup of diced mangoes/ pineapple
- 3/4th spoon of coconut oil Instructions:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend
- Empty it in a glass and add some ice
- Enjoy this smoothie to get relief from inflammatory conditions
- It is highly beneficial and refreshing with the sweet flavour from the fruits as well as the turmeric twist