Here are the 10 ways you can use Lakadong Turmeric
- Golden milk: Infuse turmeric in boiling milk along with other spices like cinnamon, black pepper to extract the goodness of curcumin in the turmeric. Black pepper helps the body to absorb curcumin better.
- Golden honey: Turmeric is used to avoid certain sicknesses like the flu and cold. Mix turmeric powder and raw honey for a perfect Golden Honey remedy.
- Heal bruises: If you have a black eye, bruises or swelling apply a very basic turmeric paste to your eye. Notice a big difference within an hour, especially a reduction in the swelling.
- Create your own Turmeric Tea for healthy tea: Add 1tsp of Turmeric powder, 1tsp of Black pepper powder to a cup of boiling water. 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 slices of raw ginger and cinnamon for flavour. Stir them together and enjoy your cup of turmeric tea.
- Turmeric cake: If you love baking, you should try baking turmeric cake. It is a simple and delicious cake to bake especially if you are a vegan. You should try this out and surprise yourself. Make turmeric leaf cakes by steaming rice with grated coconut, rice and jaggery wrapped in turmeric leaves.
- Face mask: Use organic turmeric paste to fight pimples and breakouts. Regular use can also clear acne, scars and inflammation. It is a great exfoliator and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
- Soaps and shampoos: Turmeric soap can be interesting to make. You can add turmeric and other natural ingredients like calendula, coconut, lemongrass, amla and others. These are beneficial for the hair and cleanses your skin.
- Toothpaste for teeth whitening: Stop looking for that branded product and head straight to the pantry and find an ingredient that whitens teeth naturally.
- First aid for pets: Organic turmeric is useful to cure your pets of sickness. If you love your pets and they need medical attention for cuts or gastrointestinal disorder, feed them with this medicinal spice. It will cure your pet before you reach the vet.
- Pests repellent: Turmeric is a favourite food for us, but ants and other pests hate it. They avoid totter around it. To repel pests, especially ants, simply sprinkle turmeric powder around the corner, or anywhere near the ant traces.
Here Are 10 Ways You Can Use Honey
- Honey citrus syrups for soothing sore throat and cold - Mix a tablespoon of honey and half a teaspoon of lemon juice together and consume it daily for soothing sore throat and cold.
- Ginger honey for stomach issues - Mix a tablespoon of honey with half a teaspoon of ginger powder or ginger juice together. You can add this to your teas or consume it directly to get relief from stomach issues.
- Honey as a moisturizer for cracked heels - Warm two tablespoons of honey and add one tablespoon of milk to it. Gently mix it and add 1 teaspoon of orange juice/lemon juice to it. Mix it properly and apply it on the affected area massaging it for a few minutes and leaving it for 45 minutes and rinse. Do this twice a day for better results.
- Honey and brown sugar for dry skin - The texture of brown sugar makes it ideal for the removal of dead skin. Mix 1 teaspoon of brown sugar with a tablespoon of honey along with a few drops of olive oil/coconut oil to it. Apply this mixture on your skin and gently massage for a few minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Honey and coconut water for sore muscles - Coconut water helps in dehydration which is the main reason for sore muscles. Adding a teaspoon of honey to it with a few drops of lemon juice will increase the effect of coconut juice and helps in overcoming dehydration.
- Honey and turmeric for oral ulcers - Mixing a teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder together and applying this mixture to sore gums may help in relieving it from pain.
- Honey mask for oily hair - This mask incorporates an egg yolk and a tablespoon of honey. Mix them together and apply this all over your hair from roots to tips. Leave it for 1 hour and rinse it with warm water.
- Honey spread - Snack it from the jar and use it as a spread on bread, buns, or slices of cakes. It is an awesome pair for baking your favourite cakes substituting your sugar with it.
- Honey drizzle - Drizzle the honey over your favourite desserts and fruits. It will give your oatmeal that extra sweetness needed along with a whole bunch of healthy goodness.
- Honey as a sweetener - Add a teaspoon of honey as a natural sweetener in your favourite drinks such as juices, golden milk, coffee, or teas.
How Will You Use the Bird’s Eye Chill
Bird’s eye chilli powder can be used for any curry-based dishes and give them a hot spicy punch
- Make your buttermilk more interesting by adding finely chopped chilli pieces to it
- North-East style pickle –Preserve the chillies in Mustard oil and experience the taste of pickle getting better each day for years
Chicken salad recipe
- 1 cup green leafy vegetables (Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, coriander etc.)
- 1 bowl of chopped boiled French beans
- 1 cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup chopped onion or chives
- 1 tablespoon of bird’s eye chilli flakes
- 1 cup of mashed potato
- 1 cup of chicken shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt to taste
- Start by making your very own homemade mashed potato. Place the peeled potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover them. Bring the water to boil, cover the lid and cook for 20 mins. Check if the potatoes are soft and break apart easily when pressed with a fork. Drain the water and let the potatoes cool. Mash with a potato masher until there are no lumps and the texture is smooth and soft.
- Blanch fresh green beans by taking a large saucepan of boiling water. Add the beans and cook for 4 minutes or until the beans are crisp and tender. Cut them into small pieces.
- Take another saucepan with 2 cups of water and add the chicken breast into it. Bring it to boil. Cook on medium heat; simmer until the chicken meat is no longer pink. Allow the chicken to cool, place in a bowl and shred the meat using a fork.
- Now you can add vegetables of your choice. But, for this unique chicken salad recipe, cut a handful of capsicum and onions or chives. Take a chunk of green leafy vegetables – for this, you can use lettuce, spinach, cabbage and coriander – and roughly chop them.
- Add chilli flakes to it. You can always reduce the quantity according to your palate for spiciness and heat.
- For the dressing – mix vigorously a tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
- Toss the salad till the dressing and the ingredients are mixed well and serve fresh. Try out this easy recipe. Unleash your creativity in choosing what goes into the salad and its dressing. Innovate and enjoy every crunch!