What are the health benefits of natural honey?
Natural honey when compared to regular honey is unpasteurized, sourced directly from the honeycombs, contains impurities up to an extent, and thus has significant health benefits. Natural or indigenous honey is known to be rich with anti-inflammatory properties, and thus can be helpful in alleviating symptoms of allergies, wounds, etc. It is one of the best cures for sore throat, cold, mild cough. It contains tryptophan, which aids in preventing insomnia. A spoon of honey with warm water and a dash of lemon can yield great results in terms of weight loss, and weight management in a natural way.
Where to buy raw honey online?
You will find a plethora of brands that claim to offer raw honey online, which might not actually be the case. Do check out the food, and safety guidelines, the authenticity of the honey when purchasing online, and compare its price to the raw honey price in India to get the best value for your money. Opt for Zizira to buy raw, authentic honey in its purest form online.
What are the different varieties of raw honey and infusions available at Zizira?
When it comes to indigenous honey and infusions, you won’t be disappointed at Zizira. We bring to you a wide range of variations, from pure wildflower raw honey from Meghalaya to singles bee honey to turmeric twist honey, zinger infused honey, roselle infused honey, and bhut jolokia infused honey, etc.
What are the usages of raw honey?
Apart from its health-aiding properties, raw honey has extensive usage in the kitchen, in baking, cooking, beverages, sandwiches, waffles, etc. It can also be leveraged immensely in personal care ventures such as face masks, waxing, hair treatment, etc.
Honey, the ever-applauded natural sweetening agent is a must-have kitchen ingredient across the globe. No matter if you are a pro or a novice at culinary skills, honey makes an absolute choice of ingredients to make your sweet delicacies flavourful, aromatic, and aesthetically-enticing. Stir up a teaspoon of pure natural honey in your delicacy, sprinkle it as a garnish, or salad dressing, you are all set for your dessert plans! It is a perfect substitute for powdered sugar as despite being a sweetening agent, it is highly nutritious. Besides, it does not lead to an abrupt rise in the body’s sugar levels. On the contrary, it even finds usage in the space of weight management too!
This thick and sweet syrup is known to have a plethora of benefits, health and otherwise. Due to this, honey in its purest form has been leveraged in folk medicines for ages. It even finds immense applications in the Ayurvedic school of medicine and wellness. But, most of the honey variants that you might find in the market are processed and pasteurized. So, what is natural honey or raw honey, and how to distinguish it from the commercially-available ones?
Raw honey is ideally sourced from the honeycomb and is filled in bottles after filtering the impurities; it might still have certain impurities that offer it a blurry, and thick texture. Raw wild honey is also known to contain bee propolis and bee pollen, which is used by the bees to hold the hives together. Thus, raw honey is known to have plenty of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.
Difference between Raw Honey and Regular Honey?
Commercially available honey variants undergo several steps of processing that often impact the nutritional and medicinal efficiency of certain ingredients in the honey. They might look smoother and appealing, commercially-marketed honey might not yield the desired health benefits when compared to wild honey. Even though not all commercial honey brands are bad, it is not possible to recognize which ones are healthy and which ones are not. More so as all the brands are set on their advertisements and claims about offering premium, pure honey at an unbeatable price. Thus, your best bet is to choose only organic wild honey sold in pure, unpasteurized, unheated, and unprocessed form by esteemed brands online. It helps preserve all the enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and nutritional elements in the honey, offering you numerous health benefits. You can find the best raw honey in India at Zizira, also regarded as the one-stop destination for an exclusive range of pure natural products online.
Benefits of Organic Wild Honey
You might have heard about the advantages of pure honey from your grandparents or even great-grandparents. The truth of the matter is, honey has been around for 1000s of years. To be specific, the usage of honey dates back to about 8000 years ago when it was leveraged to treat infections, burns, and wounds due to its antibacterial properties.
Pure honey is also proven to be rich in multiple nutrients that are needed by the body such as iron, calcium, manganese, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and a host of other essential compounds. Armed with great anti-inflammatory attributes, it has the potential to reduce inflammation in the body, which aids in reducing blood cholesterol, sugar level, and promotes cardiovascular health. The enzymes, fatty acids, and carotenoids in pure Zizira natural honey can be beneficial in boosting the immune system’s abilities. Raw, pure honey also does wonders for your skin as it keeps it hydrated, moisturized, cures acne, improves skin complexion, and may also help treat dandruff, and other scalp conditions.
Simply put, raw honey is considered beneficial for a lot of things like sleeping disorders, skin problems, indigestion, allergies, low energy, and more. Thus, switching refined sugar with raw honey can entail enormous health benefits for you and your loved ones.
Here are some of the crucial health-aiding attributes of raw, pure natural honey.
- Rich Source of Antioxidants: Pure natural honey is proven to have plant-derived chemicals, otherwise known as antioxidants in quite an abundance. However, the level of antioxidants in each honey variant may vary based on the source (flower from which the bees collect the nectar), geographical landscape, climatic conditions, rainfall, etc. Antioxidants-rich raw honey is known to help in protecting the body from oxidative stress-induced cellular damage caused by free radicals. Besides, it can also delay the ageing process and the onset of age-related disorders. Raw honey is known to have polyphenols, bioactive compounds that play a key role in preventing cardiovascular diseases, and thus is considered beneficial for achieving optimal heart health.
- Possesses Antifungal, and Antibacterial Properties: Certain studies cite that raw honey contains hydrogen peroxide, an antiseptic, which plays a key role in healing wounds effectively. Besides, honey in its purest form is known to be rich in antifungal, and antibacterial properties as well.
- Optimizes Digestive Functionality: Raw honey has been leveraged to prevent, and manage digestive issues such as diarrhea, though there isn’t much research to back up this claim. It’s known to be quite impactful in the treatment for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria, though, a common cause of stomach ulcers. Being a potent prebiotic, raw, eco-responsibly sourced honey nourishes the good bacteria that reside in the intestines, which are crucial not only for digestion but overall health and well-being.
- Helps Heal Wounds: Honey in its purest form is rather a potent agent to eliminate germs; armed with antibacterial attributes, it is known to aid in tissue regeneration; accelerates healing time, and reduces the scope of further infection of the wounded region.
- Helps in Alleviating Sore Throat Symptoms: Have you been suffering from a sore throat, consistent cough, and itchiness, lately? Raw honey is your best bet to get instant relief as it is known to be effective in treating the throat linings, reducing the itchy sensations. A teaspoon of honey when taken with lukewarm water, and lemon or tea helps to counter the aftereffects of sore throat, consistent cough, cold, etc.
Buy Raw, Pure, Natural Honey
In today’s competitive marketplace, every other brand claims about offering honey in the most natural, raw, and pure form. Though this might not be the case actually, the term “natural” or “organic” may seem a myth, and you might easily fall prey to the monotonous brand advertisements. Unlike processed honey, pure natural honey is not filtered; it’s rather squeezed from the honeycombs and strained. Raw honey is nutrient-rich as its potency is not lost in the filtering/pasteurization process to make it smoother and glossy. If you want to be assured that the honey is actually raw or not, watch out for pollen and impurities in moderation in the honey bottle. Unlike pasteurized honey, raw honey does not have an expiration date; in fact, it tends to have a shelf life of more than a year. However, its potency may decline over time. So, no matter if you prefer the offline or the online mode, purchase raw honey from some of the trusted brands in India to get the best deals, both in terms of quality and price!
When it comes to food and nutrition, you always want the best for your loved ones. If you are on the lookout for the best raw honey in India and browsing the eCommerce brands, Zizira is your ultimate destination! It is regarded as one of the top-notch best raw honey brands in India offering honey in its purest form with no chemical additives, or scope for adulteration.
Team Zizira ensures that “honey directly from the honeycomb” reaches your doorstep by eliminating middlemen in the sourcing, processing, and supply chain. All the food safety guidelines, quality standards, and best practices are adhered to and at no point in time, the quality of honey is compromised. The honey is absolutely not pasteurized or adulterated with other chemical compounds to boost its longevity or alter its consistency, and texture. Do check out the raw honey and infusion collection at Zizira right away!
Are you weighing your options to buy raw honey online? Bear in mind that, unlike brick-and-mortar store buying, you won’t have the luxury of assessing the honey’s quality in-person. However, there are several aspects to consider to avail of some of the greatest deals on raw honey online by several brands.
- Authenticity – Don’t want to fall prey to another monotonous brand advertisement that claims to offer only pure, premium, organically-grown honey? Do your research regarding the brands online that adhere to FSSAI guidelines stringently, and strive to stay true to their claims. Make sure that the honey is sourced from eco-responsible sources, is devoid of pesticides, chemical additives. Also, make sure that honey is not processed as raw honey tends to lose its potency during the processing cycle.
- Features – Though you won’t be able to check out the colour, texture, and consistency of the honey while making online purchases, you have the flexibility to check out the product description and nutrition labels. You can also rely on genuine customer reviews that will give you deeper insight into the honey variant you are planning to buy.
- Quality – Make sure that the honey you are planning to buy has been collected from organic, pure, and eco-responsible sources. The next thing to look out for is whether the honey is processed or not as it may reduce the potency and natural health-aiding attributes of the honey. Non-processed honey may have a thick, unclear consistency, but they are rich in antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal, and a host of other health-aiding properties.
- Price – Bear in mind that a hefty price does not always equate to premium quality. All the brands that claim to offer premium quality, pure, natural honey, in reality, might not stay true to their claim. So, it might not be wise to overspend.
Honey and Weight Management
Intermittent hunger pangs are common for all of us, won’t you agree? How many times have you felt them? And, what was your next action? Grabbed an easy snack or a can of readymade beverage? If you have a sweet tooth, you may lean more towards sugary snacks such as a bar of chocolate or chocolate fudge to alleviate your mid-afternoon or late-night food cravings. However, the excessive consumption of carb-rich food, though unintentionally, may lead to unwarranted weight gain, which is quite difficult to reverse. Raw, pure natural honey, when consumed in moderation, helps suppress hunger pangs, and helps you keep your snacking needs in control.
Here are some key ways organic, wild honey can be consumed to help you manage your weight in an easy, seamless, and hassle-free manner.
- Honey & Cinnamon: Raw honey and cinnamon make an ideal combo for aiding in weight management. Like raw honey, cinnamon is known to be rich in nutrients and metabolizing properties. Cinnamon, usually derived from the bark, can be consumed in combination with honey to not only add flavor and that spicy touch to your delicacies or beverages but also to help you keep unintended weight gain at bay. So, next time, consider adding a spoon of honey sprinkled with cinnamon to your tea, green tea, sweet delicacies, and other dishes for a flavourful experience. You will be astounded by the burst in your taste buds; don’t take our word, experience it on your own. Coming back to the weight loss aspect, this robust combo helps in accelerating the body’s metabolism, burning deposited fat faster, and keeping you healthy, active, and energized for the day.
- Honey & Lemon: Well, lemon’s plethora of health benefits is common knowledge. Aiding in weight reduction is key among them. Take a glass of lukewarm water, squeeze half a lemon’s juice into it, add a spoon of indigenous honey to it, and you are on the right path to start your day. Consuming this concoction consistently aids in effective weight management. This blend will act as a detoxifying agent and will leave you energetic for the power-packed day. Though morning consumption is the most effective one, you can bottle this blend and drink it intermittently throughout the day to stay refreshed.
- Honey & Garlic: Honey and garlic may seem an odd combination, but when it comes to weight management, this combo’s efficacy can’t be understated. Raw garlic with a spoon of honey in the morning will initiate the detox process in the body. Besides, this is known to improve digestion, reduce stress, high blood pressure, and boost immunity. Garlic is a potent ingredient to bring down bad cholesterol levels, and when it is consumed along with raw honey, the effect is indeed amplified.
How to Use Organic Wild Honey?
Pure raw honey in its purest form is considered an ultimate substitute for processed sugar as it does not endanger the body’s sugar levels. But raw honey’s usage goes much beyond its culinary applications. Some of the key ways in which raw honey can be leveraged are.
- In the Kitchen Baking – Honey is the perfect substitute for sugar in most baking recipes, wouldn’t you agree? It gives your delicacy just the perfect consistency, colour, and flavour. Remember to use only a dash of honey as it is much sweeter compared to processed sugar. The recipe might turn out a little different in texture, flowy, distorted, but the taste would be definitely worth it.
- Cooking – Pure, raw honey can be used in a number of cooking recipes such as honey roasted vegetables, honey glazed duck, sesame tofu, honey and spice nuts, baked honey chicken, and many more.
- Beverages – Apart from tea, you can also add honey to different beverages to make them delicious. Since wild honey dissolves easily, you can add it to your milk, coffee, iced coffee, smoothies, yogurt, and so on for that best dessert spread.
- Salad Dressing and Fruit Dip – You can create yummy salad dressings and dips at home using pure natural honey.
- Sandwiches and Waffles – Honey can take your simple sandwiches, pancakes, and waffles to another level of culinary delights, for your taste buds, and your eyes alike.
- Face Mask – You sure are aware of honey’s moisturizing abilities. It helps keep the skin hydrated, nourished, clear, and blemish-free. Wild, pure honey is excellent for your skin in more than one way. Rub natural honey on your face, let it dry and rinse it off with cold water. You are ready to dazzle the world with your natural, glowing, and blemish-free skin!
- Lips – Honey does wonders for chapped lips and heals them from the inside. So, when winter is around the corner, don’t forget to keep a sachet of honey handy!
- Hair Treatment – Using little honey with water to wash your hair can prevent thinning, receding hairlines, and premature greying.
- Waxing – You can create natural honey wax at home if you are allergic to commercial body wax.
Interested to learn more about the wide range of honey variants available at Zizira? Do check out the collection, right away!